April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson Fancy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sararaiss

Like many of you here have mentioned, I never purchase any celebrity endorsed products, especially perfumes. But after hearing that this is a gourmand scent, and looking up the notes in this perfume, (Sparkling nectar, red berries, apricot, pear, gardenia, jasmine, toasted almonds, vanilla creme, caramel, amber crystals, and sandalwood), I knew that I had to at least try it.

Just to give a little bit of backround information, I am extremely picky when it comes to scent, I particuliarly like and prefer gourmand/sweet scents. Bakery, cupcake, sweet gourmand scents, but not really fruity/candy gourmand scents since those tend to be too, too sweet, almost like syrup.

This perfume does have fruit in it, but somehow the fruit blends in very well. On the first initial spray, you definently smell the fruit, particuliarly the apricot nectar, and especially the red berries. Not so much the pear, as in most perfumes, pear is always a subtle smell. The dry-down, as most of you share with me as well, is my favorite part. This is when the sweetness is most apparent.

When you first spray it, even though the top notes overpower the smell, (red berries, apricot nectar, pear) you can still smell the sweetness, which to me is the toasted almonds, caramel and vanilla. But for some odd reason, I dont smell the caramel at all. The dry-down, in my opinion, is mostly the vanilla, which is very strong, toasted almonds, and the amber.

The majority of the smell that I smell when I wear this is the sweetness aspect of it, which is really pleasant, without it being too syrupy sweet, but more of like a warmer sweetness.

I actually got this at a discount price of $20.00 at Marshalls, I bought two since it was really at a low price. And it is Eau De Parfum, so I am not even surprised that the lasting power is really long lasting. Even after I did the dishes, the smell was still there on my wrist. Imagine what would happen if you layered it with the body wash and then lotion.

Overall, I personally feel like this is a perfect gourmand scent, it does smell classy, since most gourmand smells are considered "young", and most gourmand smells are really simple. This one is a more complex gourmand scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I do like this fragrance but it simply doesn't last..after a minute you can't even smell it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Today, I dabbed Fancy on one wrist and Fancy Love on the other. Guess which one sucks?! Maybe I got a bad sample or something, because the top notes smell like chemicals, sugar, cream soda, and mens aftershave! I don't know if the drydown will yield more favourable results- it seems unlikely. I love the bottle and was just about to buy a 100mL bottle, but got a sample just in case- I think this was a good decision. I will update in a few hours if the drydown exceeds my expectations. Meanwhile, Fancy Love on the other hand (or wrist in my case!) appears to be quite promising!

Update: It's been 2 hours and I can definitely smell vanilla, freshly baked cake, and a bit of caramel in there, but the masculine aftershave smell persists in the background. Unfortunately, the same thing applies to the Fancy Love! It may be due to a body chemistry incompatibility thing. I'm undecided on whether to buy it or not. Either way, for those who have the same problem, I think the way to go is to spray this a couple of hours before coming into contact with people.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by yogo80

DISGUSTING. It smells like something a 10 year old would wear. No sophistication what so ever. My boyfriend loves vanilla scents I really wanted to like it. This was just gross. Gave me a headache the first 20 minutes, smelt about the same for the next 10 hrs, just got less strong. And MY GOD, IS IT STRONG. At the very end of its miserable life, the scent smells like those dolls that were scented with sweet factory -made smell sprayed on smelling weird plastic-Barbie smell with some synthetic vanilla smell. Mostly plastic though. If you want to smell like you've just been to Toys R Us, I guess this is a good choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely loved jessican simpson's fancy love, so i thought i'd like this as well and went ahead and bought it. big mistake. this is very generic, typical sweet floral-vanilla scent. smells plastic-y, synthetic, unsophisticated... very much like a softer version of pink sugar. the top notes are a bit fruitier and lighter than pink sugar, but the drydown smells exactly the same, but a little less stronger and less of the 'burnt' note that pink sugar has. i give this 3 stars because it lasts more than 6 hours on me, and despite the lack of character in the fragrance, it's totally wearable. it just smells like every other teeny bopper celebrity fragrance out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Caramel, toffee, woody drydown, berry and a tiny whiff of flowers at first. The drydown fairly floats around me; love it! So perfect for fall and winter. Edit: I am falling in love with this fragrance more every day. The dry, warm almondy drydown is bliss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeybear20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very surprised to really like this fragrance. I was at Kohl's one day spritzing different perfumes on those tester strips, and I kept sniffing Fancy and thought it was pretty good. I went ahead and purchased it, because it was such a good deal. I got the set with the matching lotion for around 15 dollars. It's such a sweet smoky vanilla with some peach fuzz to my nose. The scent lasts quite a long time, too, and if you layer it with the lotion it lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear this. The bottle design is very pretty, too. I think this fragrance can be worn by pretty much any woman at any age.
I need to go and try out her other scents since I like this one so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! What a hidden gem! This is exactly what I have been looking for! First when I put it on, it smelled like Pink Sugar with a peachy scent, and I was like, eh, I already have this one... But, a few moments afterwards, magic occurred. I smell a vanilla pipe tobacco, like Guerlain SDV or TF Tobacco Vanille. Success! I am in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For a long time this was my favorite, it was one of those fragrances that got lots of compliments, lots of people asking what it was, etc. But I noticed that after a while the smell would wear off at the end of the day. Then it just started smelling chemically. I can't correctly describe the smell, but it started to smell really watered down, which disappointed me, cause the actual fragrance is really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Top note is berry-juicy, with the vanilla coming through quite quickly. Creamy, soft, sweet without being screechy. It's on the gourmand side but not VERY foody. It's a very nice vanilla, and I've tried/owned them all from Shalimar to Britney. Seems to last a few hours, whereas Curious in Control, with a similar vanilla note lasts ten minutes if that on me.
Packaging is cute, with the gold embossing.
Price is excellent on cheapsmells.com
I deduct one star because I simply can't give it the same number of stars I gave l'heure bleue!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No