Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 4/8/2012 7:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This mascara is amazing if you have short lashes and if you're looking for lenght, definition and curl hold. It really holds the curl like most mascaras can't. I find it does clump a little bit, but nothing major. I actually quite like it as it also adds a bit of volume to my lashes. It layers on really well as well so its perfect if you're looking for that lashy, dramatic look. I find Dior mascaras to be slightly more waxy than other brands which I love, as they allow you to take your natural day lash look to dramatic lash look for the night in a second. I've gone through load of lenghtening high end mascaras and this one is my absolute favourite so far. I actually feel like it makes a difference to my lashes and is worth the 32 euro it costs.

on 3/25/2012 12:32:00 PM

It's not that I wouldn't buy this again, it is just that I didn't get addicted to it enough to continually go back to this brand. It is a great mascara and my personal favorite in the Dior line.

on 3/6/2012 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is highly recommended for those who just wants a VERY natural no-make-up look. It is the best lengthening mascara for women with medium to long lashes and a great eye-opener. I don't recommend it on shorter lashes because the coverage is very light. I first tried the sample/travel size and loved how it made my eyes open. so I purchased the real thing straight after.

on 2/17/2012 9:58:00 AM

I have found true mascara love. Finally! This mascara took me from literally using ten mascara to just using one. I use to pile on the mascaras to archive dramatic, thick, long, look-at-me lashes, with this I just use one and I get the look I love. I love the brush it works perfectly for me. It's not wet, but not too dry, and the black is really black. I say price tag is worth it. I won't ever let this baby go. It has become my new addiction. It is my best advice that if you want amazing lashes to try it!

on 2/10/2012 4:35:00 PM

I should start out by saying that I already have a HG mascara: that old standby, Diorshow. I ended up with Diorshow Iconic last month, however, when I ran out of my normal mascara in Tokyo and (after an ill-advised experiment with a disgusting drugstore mascara) broke down and went to the Dior counter there. To my horror, the saleswoman told me that they didn't carry regular Diorshow anymore--only Iconic. Resigned, I put the 4,300 yen tube on my credit card and took it home.

Iconic feels like a very different formula from regular Diorshow. It's slightly wetter and produces a more toned-down effect, at least on my lashes. When I first saw the wand I thought I would hate it, but it lays the formula on evenly and without clumps. Notably, it produces and holds a curl very well--something the original Diorshow is terrible at. I assume this is why they've decided to market Iconic in Tokyo and not the original.

This is a very good mascara for daytime professional situations. As long as you stop yourself at one or two coats, it creates a refined-looking lashline with no clumps and no smudging. It gives length and definition without tacky spidery-ness. However, it lacks the drama of regular Diorshow on my lashes, which are already long and have a natural curl but need definition and volume.

PROS: Creates and holds a slight curl, no clumps, layers well, smooth and elegant formula you would expect from a Dior product
CONS: Just doesn't produce the drama I'm used to from Diorshow--in particular, doesn't volumize as much

TAKEAWAY: This is a great alternative to original Diorshow if you need something that will hold a curl. My lashes don't need that, but I'll probably keep a tube on hand anyway because it's practically smudge-proof with my eye cream and creates a nice, classy conservative look for those days I'm the only woman in a meeting with a bunch of old men.

on 2/9/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was disappointed with this product because blackout was so much better and I was giving iconic a chance. It doesn't volumize as much, but it does separate all the eyelashes. It's supposed to give your eyelashes a natural curl, but it didn't do my eyelashes the justice. Not the best mascara, but not the worst.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It holds! It holds! The curl, I mean. Few mascaras are able to do so and I've finally found one! Wish it weren't 30 bucks because it holds the curl only for a couple hours, then you have to reapply. Will probably still buy again....

on 1/3/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have read rave reviews on this and so I went ahead and bought it. I wear contact lenses and this mascara isn't suitable for it. It made my eyes red after a few hours and it wasn't providing me that "full lashes" look. It was thick, but not really working out for my Asian lashes.:(

I would go back again to a Lancome mascara. Definitely.

on 12/22/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the ONLY mascara I will purchase! It is quite expensive but I usually find it on ebay for less. One coat and my eyelashes look so awesome it looks like I applied falsies!! Beautiful long wearing and easy to remove with soap and water. Does not flake, cake, smear - stays awesome all day!! LOVE IT!!! I have it in black and dark blue.

on 12/21/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

loooove it...I'm a mascara freak and I am in love with the plastic brush, formula and packaging...no smudge, no clumping and buildable. The first time I tried it, I expected thick, black, nighttime lashes but this merely fanned them out and left a light first coat (almost like Full & Soft or Get Up & Grow) which pleased me b/c I like the option to have "skank" lashes as I call them...I typically want them to stand out but NOT look like I applied 15 coats - this is the best

Popular Mascaras