January 25, 2015 | 1425 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by louwee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is highly recommended for those who just wants a VERY natural no-make-up look. It is the best lengthening mascara for women with medium to long lashes and a great eye-opener. I don't recommend it on shorter lashes because the coverage is very light. I first tried the sample/travel size and loved how it made my eyes open. so I purchased the real thing straight after.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Darinka91

I have found true mascara love. Finally! This mascara took me from literally using ten mascara to just using one. I use to pile on the mascaras to archive dramatic, thick, long, look-at-me lashes, with this I just use one and I get the look I love. I love the brush it works perfectly for me. It's not wet, but not too dry, and the black is really black. I say price tag is worth it. I won't ever let this baby go. It has become my new addiction. It is my best advice that if you want amazing lashes to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by marijean

I should start out by saying that I already have a HG mascara: that old standby, Diorshow. I ended up with Diorshow Iconic last month, however, when I ran out of my normal mascara in Tokyo and (after an ill-advised experiment with a disgusting drugstore mascara) broke down and went to the Dior counter there. To my horror, the saleswoman told me that they didn't carry regular Diorshow anymore--only Iconic. Resigned, I put the 4,300 yen tube on my credit card and took it home.

Iconic feels like a very different formula from regular Diorshow. It's slightly wetter and produces a more toned-down effect, at least on my lashes. When I first saw the wand I thought I would hate it, but it lays the formula on evenly and without clumps. Notably, it produces and holds a curl very well--something the original Diorshow is terrible at. I assume this is why they've decided to market Iconic in Tokyo and not the original.

This is a very good mascara for daytime professional situations. As long as you stop yourself at one or two coats, it creates a refined-looking lashline with no clumps and no smudging. It gives length and definition without tacky spidery-ness. However, it lacks the drama of regular Diorshow on my lashes, which are already long and have a natural curl but need definition and volume.

PROS: Creates and holds a slight curl, no clumps, layers well, smooth and elegant formula you would expect from a Dior product
CONS: Just doesn't produce the drama I'm used to from Diorshow--in particular, doesn't volumize as much

TAKEAWAY: This is a great alternative to original Diorshow if you need something that will hold a curl. My lashes don't need that, but I'll probably keep a tube on hand anyway because it's practically smudge-proof with my eye cream and creates a nice, classy conservative look for those days I'm the only woman in a meeting with a bunch of old men.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product because blackout was so much better and I was giving iconic a chance. It doesn't volumize as much, but it does separate all the eyelashes. It's supposed to give your eyelashes a natural curl, but it didn't do my eyelashes the justice. Not the best mascara, but not the worst.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It holds! It holds! The curl, I mean. Few mascaras are able to do so and I've finally found one! Wish it weren't 30 bucks because it holds the curl only for a couple hours, then you have to reapply. Will probably still buy again....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by fofamoyane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have read rave reviews on this and so I went ahead and bought it. I wear contact lenses and this mascara isn't suitable for it. It made my eyes red after a few hours and it wasn't providing me that "full lashes" look. It was thick, but not really working out for my Asian lashes.:(

I would go back again to a Lancome mascara. Definitely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY mascara I will purchase! It is quite expensive but I usually find it on ebay for less. One coat and my eyelashes look so awesome it looks like I applied falsies!! Beautiful long wearing and easy to remove with soap and water. Does not flake, cake, smear - stays awesome all day!! LOVE IT!!! I have it in black and dark blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

loooove it...I'm a mascara freak and I am in love with the plastic brush, formula and packaging...no smudge, no clumping and buildable. The first time I tried it, I expected thick, black, nighttime lashes but this merely fanned them out and left a light first coat (almost like Full & Soft or Get Up & Grow) which pleased me b/c I like the option to have "skank" lashes as I call them...I typically want them to stand out but NOT look like I applied 15 coats - this is the best

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Sheidz

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very dissapointed in the quality of this mascara! definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but I'm a Dior mascara fan and I don't rate this mascara at all! I have long lashes and LOVE Extase and Diorshow to add a bit of thickness. I really wanted to try Iconic because of the amazing reviews, and experimented with it on its own for daytime (clumpy, nondescript) and layered with Extase for evening (looked worse than using Extase alone). The brush isn't great, in my opinion, so I'm not sure if it's the formulation or the brush that isn't working for me, but this was a great big waste of money for me.

EDIT: I upped this from 2 stars to 3, it's growing on me a bit more as I'm using it up during the day.