December 21, 2014 | 840 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

I could hear my skin gasping for air after I was wearing it for the first hour. Stay very far away from this product if you have oily skin. I have normal skin and rarely have any type of break outs. This primer made me break out so badly. It was a nightmare. Definitely ask for a sample before purchasing to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by soapinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading various decent reviews of this product, I decided to by it when I was in need of a new primer.

It glides on extremely smoothly, and makes my skin feel very silky and soft - and at first, does seem to make my pores appear smaller, which is an important function of a primer for me, as I have very large pores, particularly on my nose.

I use this primer under my foundation, and I have noticed a difference when it comes to my make-up staying on and how quickly my skin seems to get oily. I wouldn't necessarily say this primer is a miracle worker, but it does make enough difference for me to consider buying it again.

Overall, I would recommend this primer to a person with combination to oily skin, but perhaps not extremely oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ReneeinSydney

This is by far my favourite Primer.
I have combination oily skin and for over 5 years I have been battling to find a primer that will for at least 3-4 hours keep me oil free but I always find that by lunch time I am reaching for a blotting paper/tissue to blot up my T-Zone.
La Base by Lancome leaves my skin oil free all day, it really is the perfect primer for me. I use it with oil-free liquid foundation- Double Wear Light by Estee Lauder followed by a light setting powder /or on days where I don't want to wear make up I put on some of the La Base by itself over my moisturiser and my face stays Matte all day.
It really is quite expensive for the size,but one little squirt is all you need.
What i will say is be very careful with the bottle, it is made of glass and I have broken two so far! Very heart-breaking!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avoid if you have oily skin. I do, and the SA at Lancome sold me this as an oil-absorbing primer. It is not. It's simply oil-free, and for me that isn't enough; I need something that actually mops up oil. I was super-shiny within an hour, more so than without this product in fact. On the plus side, it did give a smooth finish to my base, as promised. So I can imagine it might be good for people without oily skin issues. I'm going back to the Lancome counter to complain about this being mis-sold to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A tiny amount of this is all you need. I like how silky it makes skin feel and how smoothly makeup goes on after. Shine control isn't bad but not outstanding either. I can see why some people describe it as feeling 'greasy' but I wouldn't say it's greasy at all just extremely silky and you really don't need a lot of product. I would recommend because foundation goes on so smoothly afterwards but if you're looking for shine control this may not be adequate.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Jasminetan87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer was kind of costly.It cause me almost 80 SGD for a small bottle.Wanted to love this product badly , however it didn't work for me.
Firstly ,the product took ages to dry on my skin ( Wouldn't be a product to use if you are in a hurry).After continuously using for a week i started to see clog pores, soon after pimples with pus started appearing.

Threw this product into the trash and didn't want to give it a 2nd chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

I love this primer for face and eyes, it leaves skin feeling silky and makeup stays put all day! Or night!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 More reviews by audmac

Tried a sample of this and was not impressed. My makeup did not last anywhere near as long as it usually does with my regular primer- by about 3 pm I noticed my makeup had worn off in areas and my pores were visible again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It says oil-free which is good and I'm hoping it is because this felt greasy as and it didn't even act as a very good base as My make-up wore off anyway - this was way expensive and not even worth the money.
Even though it made my skin feel silky and made my make up glide on -
Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by janineee

This product overall is amazing to put your make up on with as it does not clump the make up and makes the foundation application overall smooth. I do agree that it makes your make up last longer especially when you are required to go to work or party. But the only problem is, is that it is very expensive. I would repurchase due to its ability to make my make up application easier and last longer.