September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on me. But it's also one of the most high maintenance mascaras, requiring a lot of time and care, to make it look just right...otherwise, it can look awful.

It darkens, slightly thickens, and slightly lengthens. As long as you can avoid the major spider lashes. The only way that worked for me was to curl and brush out my lashes first, apply the white side first, after wiping most off on a paper towel, then applying. There must absolutely be no wiggling the wand back and forth at the base of the lashes. I start at the base and roll the wand as I pull upward to the tips of my lashes. Repeat the process with the black, and only do one eye at a time.

There is no definition going on, slight clumping (but won't matter much if wearing falsies 'cause it gives you a more plentiful lash look anyway) but the spider lashes is pretty much avoided with this method. And it doesn't make you look like you have more lashes...it kind of does the opposite. But still, I deal with it because it doesn't smudge!

However, I'm getting a little tired of the time it takes to deal with this. I don't like to wear false lashes unless for special occasions, but I still want full, nice looking lashes when I go out. I've gone back to Loreal Voluminous waterproof because it does everything, but it does smudge something awful on me. I'm testing out Clarins double fix it mascara seal on top of that. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Would buy again and as a last resort if nothing else works.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by urbanangel007

I have naturally curling lashes & this mascara somehow flattened them out..plus when u try to layer it clumps..the white part is awful & I dn use it @ all. The black part lengthens, not much volume but that's ok for me..bt all 2gthr it's not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I had this product for a while before I really started to love it. The white/primer side of the product - crap! I hated the white side since it made my lashes look grey after I applied the actual mascara.

Once I started using the mascara side on its own, I LOVED IT. No transferring - no black mascara ring under my eyes! I couldn't even achieve that with my Waterproof Lash Discovery and Waterproof Full n Soft. However, I wouldn't recommend wearing this on a rainy day, to a pool party, or a chick flick, or a funeral. Anywhere water/tears are going to come along. The beauty tubes pretty much come right off with just water, so no worries about having stubborn mascara clumps. Overall, this is a great everyday mascara excluding the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mrsjessieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-all time favorite mascara! I am a mascara junkie! always up to trying the new one yet I always come back to this kind! No raccoon eye! No need for an eye makeup remover just water!!! LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kate2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mascara. I have bought other mascaras because I am a product junkie, but nothing else comes close. Blinc provides way less volume. Other "fiber" mascaras just smudge. I have oily skin prone to smudging and I like a heavy lash look. This mascara is absolutely perfect. It gives me tons of volume, very black lashes and no smudging all day. I like how easy it is to remove as well - coming home on a Friday after work I like to refresh my makeup before going out. With this mascara I can just wet my fingers and slowly wiggle off the mascara tubes. With the mascara totally gone I can reapply my powder and shadow and I'm ready to go out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

lolwut at the review below that goes on about chemicals in makeup remover? If you think there are less chemicals in makeup than a simple eye makeup remover, geez, get over it. Or your parents. How ridiculous.

I love this mascara, it is better for volumizing than its Blinc cousin but I dislike that it comes in black only, I prefer a medium brown as my eyelashes are naturally clear, heh. So, I still buy Blinc and cry at the cost every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Darling17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to put this mascara all the time when I bought it first time then I don't know what happened but it didn't look any good on me after I purchased it for the second time. First time I bought it (when it got out), it was great. It added length and the lashes seemed thicker. The second time when I bought it, it smelled awfully. It did add the length but not the extra volume. I just don't understand why. Did they change it somehow??
It's great that you can remove it with warm water and that it doesn't smudge. Also it really adds length. So I guess it's fine if you have thick lashes...
I discovered other mascaras that are better so the ''no-smudge'' thing is not good enough for me to convince to purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

At first I really liked this product and I used it religiously for 6 months, but despite the pros of the product I felt like there were better mascaras out there.

Pros:
-doesn't smudge under the eyes
-really easy to wash off
-adds length

Cons:
-The second tube I bought had a really strong chemical smell that was pretty off putting and made me stop using it. I can't remember the smell being that strong with the first tube I used but I'm not sure.
-Despite lengthening my lashes, it didn't really hold a curl well and had a tendency to clump on my lashes.

I think this is a solid product and would work really well for some people, but it just wasn't HG for me so I moved on to other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tubing mascaras make me a little nervous, because I'm never quite sure if it's my actual lashes coming off during removal or just the tubes. With that being said, I remember using this mascara a few years ago with success.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by serena8

Weighs down my lashes terribly, even after I curl them. I use them only on my bottom lashes for this reason.