November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by snowcritter

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this in Ivoire for winter & Camee for summer. I try to research other concealers before I rebuy this. I also try other products as samples. I have been buying this product for the last 8-9 years & I am still happy with it. It doesn't look artificial. It doesn't make undereye areas dry. It never looks like-oh she is wearing concealer!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally went to the LANCOME counter to pick-up more Lancome Flashe Retouche, however the SA told me that they did not have anymore and that they may be discontinuing Flashe Retouche. My heart stopped for a moment. I love Flashe Retouche. Hence, the SA said to me, "why don't you try Maquicomplet?" I thought why not. I got the Camee color. The next morning I was excited to try Maquicomplet. The wand is a nice feature and I like the compact size. The Camee color was a little light but then again, I did get a massive tan on Memmorial weekend. But overall, the consistency was creamy and smooth. The drawback for me is that I felt that I had to apply several layers to get coverage. Also, it did last as long as I hope for. At the end of the day, my eyeliner was a little smudged with the Maquicomplet. And perhaps one of the major things I noticed was either this product made my eyes feel tired or I was allergic to this product. =( PS. There is a Lancome store in Upper West Side NYC that has the Flashe Retouche in case anyone is looking for it. This concelaer is seriously THE BEST!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by am3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to this product several years ago by my mother's friend who is a model. I've tried other eye concealers, both drugstore and brand name (e.g. bobbi brown, mac, shieseido, covergirl), but this is the only one that I finish to the last drop and repeatedly buy:). I have the colour 'correcteur' which has nice light yellow undertones. This suits my skin tone quite well because I'm a pretty pale asian and I have lots of yellow in my skin. However, I'm not sure if this colour would be compatible with those who have a more darker tanned skin tone. It's quite runny in terms of consistency, which may bother some, but I think this helps in the blending process. It never seems to cake up on me! Even though this concealer is quite expensive, you really only need a dab here and there to cover the dark spots, and I find mine usually lasts approx. 7 months with daily use. Overall, this is my favourite under eye concealer. It's light-weight and there's just something about it that always perks up my complexion (even before I put on some foundation).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by rainbowunicorn

Great concealer. This is creamy, light, blends easily, isn't oily, and has easy to use packaging. One problem I do have is that it has a tendency to come leaking out of the sides. It is also not suitable for undereyes as the formulas too thick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty good concealer but not worth the money! It does any ok job on my undereye circles but not great. Pretty good for covering blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Miku1978

I am currently using Light Buff and I have only positive things to say about this product. I typically find concealers to be somewhat chalky or pasty looking on my fair skin. The skin around my eyes (despite creams) is somewhat dry and the lines tend to be accentuated by other concealers. This one works exceptionally well around the eyes and it blends in flawlessly. Some may find that it doesn't provide enough coverage but I find that it's a perfect amount for me. Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've just tried Amazing Concealer today as it seems to be "it" in the makeup world now and got quite disapointed to find that it is nothing compared to this one.

I've only tried about 4 concealers in my life but must say this Lancome is the very best!

PROS:
It covers dark circles very well and small blemishes too whilst looking natural (breakouts, however, I can only cover properly in conjunction with bare minerals).

The texture is superb, NOT thick, sticky or cakey like many others. I can not feel it on my skin at all after blending.

Blends really well and dries quickly enough for you to apply the rest of your makeup straight away but not before you get the chance to blend it.

Does NOT in any way clog my pores, aggravate my acne, dry or grease my skin.

Comes with a great "lip gloss-like" applicator.

Sleek classy packaging.

CONS:
You can't really know when you're running out as the packaging is opaque. And you probably won't be able to use the last drops either.

It's quite pricey.

I know there are a lot more reasons why I love it so much but just can't think of them now. So far it's the very best I know.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jing116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It goes on smoothly and blends easily. You do have to layer it a bit in order to get a good coverage. Creases a little. However, it is not long lasting at all!! by mid-day i already look like i i hvnt slept in weeks (i have VERY heavy dark circles). definitely not worth the price. will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I am divided on this product. For one thing, the color selection (compared to other concealers) is very good. I would say only a few other companies have this varied of a selection of color choices for concealer (the foremost being of course MAC).

The "standard" colors that you find in the store are Ivoire, Correcteur, Light Buff, Clair II, Camee, Medium Bisque, and in rare cases, Caramel. However, on lancome.com it lists four more shades: Honey and Dore (which come between Medium Bisque & Caramel), and Bronze and Suede (which come last, after Caramel). It made me pretty angry that most retailers don't offer these darker shades (and if you read any of my reviews, you would know why! :o) ) I happen to be very slightly darker than Dore (around NC40-NC42 in MAC), when I finally found a tester in a Macy's that offered Dore. However, since I found the shade for $10 on ebay, I figured I would just buy it. Big mistake! I should have bought from Macy's so I could return it. Anyway . . .

About the actual concealer: I like thick coverage of my horrendous purple under-eyes circles, but I had to layer it on to get adequate coverage. Complete coverage, my butt! And it's not very long-lasting. After a couple hours, the color had mostly faded away. So I reapplied again, right before yoga (yes, I wear concealer during exercise! I am one of those girls). BIG mistake. I was used to my Cover FX foundation with powder on top lasting pretty well through a very sweaty yoga session. The maquicomplet concealer (with a bunch of powder on top!) melted under my eyes and it looked like I had been crying (when I looked at myself in the mirror after yoga). To be fair, the concealer doesn't claim to be waterproof, but I'm afraid to wear it and go out in a light drizzle.

As to the price, I can't really comment too much on that. The list price is around 29 dollars, which I think is a bit too much for the amount of product you get (0.25 oz, which is not too bad). However I got it on eBay for 10 dollars. I would recommend testing the product at a Macy's or other retailer, and making sure you like it, and then purchasing it for much less online.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Gm619

I've been using this for years and years. I switch between this and Lancomes effacernes. I prefer the effacernes because it's waterproof and lasts longer. I use for undereye circles, which are pretty dark. The coverage is good. I use this in Clair. I'm still on a quest for a HG concealer.