Lancome Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

3.8

Water/Aqua [] Cyclopentasiloxane [] Hydrogenated Polyisobutene [] Sorbitan Isostrearate [] Propylene Glycol [] Ozokerite [] Hexylene Glycol [] Urea [] Glycosaminoglycans [] Honey/Mel [] Sodium Hyaluronate [] Silica [] Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Chamomilla Recitita [] Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract/Centaurea Cyanis [] Polydihydroxyindole [] Tocopherol [] Magnesium Sulfate [] Disodium EDTA [] Isopropyl Titanium Triisostrearate [] Disteardimonium Hectorite [] Acrylates Copolymer [] Methylparaben [] Propylparaben [] Diazolidinyl Urea [] May Contain: Mica [] Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891 [] Iron Oxides/CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, B5456/1

on 7/6/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour I used was perfect for my skin tone, possibly the closest concealer to my skin tone I've ever used. However it wasn't as long lasting as I had hoped it would be. The coverage was good and I liked the texture of the concealer. I absolutely hated the packaging though, those square tubes are terrible. Because it has 4 sharp corners, the other products in my makeup bag shifting around in my purse cause it to open very easily and it leaks everywhere, so I have to wrap it in a paper towel to prevent it from doing this.

on 7/4/2010 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Sometimes this product works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I'd much rather use something else.

on 7/1/2010 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really love this concealer. It is lighweight yet creamy so it doesn't exacerbate dryness or fine lines under the eyes. The coverage is buildable and it does the trick to mask dark circles. I set it with Laura Mercier's secret brightening powder as I get mascara or eyeliner smudges if I don't but I don't think its the concealers fault that happens. I bought my initial tube at Macy's but found it for way cheaper on ebay for about $15.

Edit: I have found a product I like better for my undereyes and its MAC's select moisture cover. It has a peachy undertone and completely neutralizes my dark circles without being cakey or drying. I also found that I don't get mascara/liner smudges with this concealer. I now only use the Lancome concealer for redness around my nose and its not a must have for me anymore.

on 6/18/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have bought this in Ivoire for winter & Camee for summer. I try to research other concealers before I rebuy this. I also try other products as samples. I have been buying this product for the last 8-9 years & I am still happy with it. It doesn't look artificial. It doesn't make undereye areas dry. It never looks like-oh she is wearing concealer!

on 6/15/2010 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I originally went to the LANCOME counter to pick-up more Lancome Flashe Retouche, however the SA told me that they did not have anymore and that they may be discontinuing Flashe Retouche. My heart stopped for a moment. I love Flashe Retouche. Hence, the SA said to me, "why don't you try Maquicomplet?" I thought why not. I got the Camee color. The next morning I was excited to try Maquicomplet. The wand is a nice feature and I like the compact size. The Camee color was a little light but then again, I did get a massive tan on Memmorial weekend. But overall, the consistency was creamy and smooth. The drawback for me is that I felt that I had to apply several layers to get coverage. Also, it did last as long as I hope for. At the end of the day, my eyeliner was a little smudged with the Maquicomplet. And perhaps one of the major things I noticed was either this product made my eyes feel tired or I was allergic to this product. =( PS. There is a Lancome store in Upper West Side NYC that has the Flashe Retouche in case anyone is looking for it. This concelaer is seriously THE BEST!!!

on 6/1/2010 4:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I was introduced to this product several years ago by my mother's friend who is a model. I've tried other eye concealers, both drugstore and brand name (e.g. bobbi brown, mac, shieseido, covergirl), but this is the only one that I finish to the last drop and repeatedly buy:). I have the colour 'correcteur' which has nice light yellow undertones. This suits my skin tone quite well because I'm a pretty pale asian and I have lots of yellow in my skin. However, I'm not sure if this colour would be compatible with those who have a more darker tanned skin tone. It's quite runny in terms of consistency, which may bother some, but I think this helps in the blending process. It never seems to cake up on me! Even though this concealer is quite expensive, you really only need a dab here and there to cover the dark spots, and I find mine usually lasts approx. 7 months with daily use. Overall, this is my favourite under eye concealer. It's light-weight and there's just something about it that always perks up my complexion (even before I put on some foundation).

Great concealer. This is creamy, light, blends easily, isn't oily, and has easy to use packaging. One problem I do have is that it has a tendency to come leaking out of the sides. It is also not suitable for undereyes as the formulas too thick.

on 5/6/2010 12:31:00 PM

Pretty good concealer but not worth the money! It does any ok job on my undereye circles but not great. Pretty good for covering blemishes.

on 4/23/2010 11:49:00 PM

I am currently using Light Buff and I have only positive things to say about this product. I typically find concealers to be somewhat chalky or pasty looking on my fair skin. The skin around my eyes (despite creams) is somewhat dry and the lines tend to be accentuated by other concealers. This one works exceptionally well around the eyes and it blends in flawlessly. Some may find that it doesn't provide enough coverage but I find that it's a perfect amount for me. Definitely recommended.

on 4/23/2010 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've just tried Amazing Concealer today as it seems to be "it" in the makeup world now and got quite disapointed to find that it is nothing compared to this one.

I've only tried about 4 concealers in my life but must say this Lancome is the very best!

PROS:
It covers dark circles very well and small blemishes too whilst looking natural (breakouts, however, I can only cover properly in conjunction with bare minerals).

The texture is superb, NOT thick, sticky or cakey like many others. I can not feel it on my skin at all after blending.

Blends really well and dries quickly enough for you to apply the rest of your makeup straight away but not before you get the chance to blend it.

Does NOT in any way clog my pores, aggravate my acne, dry or grease my skin.

Comes with a great "lip gloss-like" applicator.

Sleek classy packaging.

CONS:
You can't really know when you're running out as the packaging is opaque. And you probably won't be able to use the last drops either.

It's quite pricey.

I know there are a lot more reasons why I love it so much but just can't think of them now. So far it's the very best I know.