Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.6

on 7/11/2006 3:10:00 PM

Star Powder is the best eye shadow I have ever purchased. The colour selection is amazing and for the price, you can't go wrong! The eyeshadow doesn't smudge or crease even if you wear it all day. The actual product seems to last a lifetime as well. Star Powder rocks!!

on 5/7/2006 4:33:00 PM

I love these so much..absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. Beautiful colors. I have three star powders and Im so glad I found them. They last forever and are really pigmented. must have.

on 4/6/2006 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I use 928, 945, and 947. Unbelievable shimmery pigments that have pretty good staying power. Application can be a bit messy if you're not careful. I will definitely purchase other colors! Well worth the price for a high quality product.

on 11/20/2005 3:35:00 AM

GREAT STUFF. This eyeshadow rocks! I have this in a pinkish-beige color. Although this stuff looks incredibly shimmery in its little pot, it goes on very sheer but can be built up easily for oomph. Has great staying power...my main complaint is the packaging. The little plastic, screw-top pot this product comes in has holes which allow the powder to come out....onto everything. After realizing what was going on, I ended up taping up the holes and making a single pinprick in the tape...which now gives me the perfect amount.
EDIT: more raves! I've also been using my star powder in the pink-beige color on my cheeks...and makes a terrific highlighter for my cheekbones without looking tacky.

on 5/10/2005 4:35:00 AM

I love those eyeshadows. I have 20 shades (all the shades I could find), including the 4 whites with golden, pink, blue and silver refelctions. The colours are gorgeous, very blendable and mixable. I love them both dry and wet and use them alone or to top other e/s (to intensify or modify one shade or simply to add a bit of shimmer).
The staying power is good, but not the best, especially if you wear them alone. After 8 hours you'll find the colours fade and sometimes start to crease a little bit, but they usually stay in place (if you use 2-3 colours you will not have just one unic mixes shade at the end of the day)
They are quite cheap (11 each) and last forever.

on 4/15/2005 6:06:00 PM

Love this stuff! This is a beautiful light gold..gorgeous on the lid and brow bone! My new HG

I have my first pot in #910, a nice green that reminds me of Shu's ME 555 Green, only less golden and yellow tone. I do prefer this to MAC. It's MUCH more finely milled,doesn't fall on your cheekbones when applied, imparts LOADS of shimmery glow, has many shades to choose from and CHEAPER! I'm not saying they can REPLACE MAC pigments, but they are really good or even better choices when you feel desperate searching for 'hard to find' pigments.

on 2/25/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say enough good things about this powder. I bought #927, which is a really lovely two-toned colour of mauve and bronze/copper. So lovely. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true - it applies beautifully wet, stays on a long time, has very intense colour, etc. I don't think I can go back to cake e/s after this, I've got to get more of these. BTW, in regards to the container/application getting messy, this is what was recommended to me by the salesperson, and it has worked for me: After you take of the top lid there is an inner tray/seive thing with 3-4 holes in it. This has a clear sticker covering it when you purchase it, which you would probably remove. DON'T remove the sticker. Just use a pin or a pen or something and punch a hole through ONE of the holes. When you want to use the powder, put the lid on and give it a gentle shake. This will let just a little powder through and you don't end up with a mess. HTH

on 1/25/2005 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product. I discovered these about 9 years ago and they were my first foray into make-up. These are really high quality versatile powders that leave a beautiful shimmer. I have #918 (golden chocolate brown - discontinued), #919 (plumy taupe), #906 (intense blue turquoise), #900 (snowy shimmer) and my favorite #944 (translucent teal shimmer) in the pot it's a white base with a teal shimmer but when you put it on its a completely translucent with just the most gorgeous teal shimmer. The packaging over the years has slightly improved where the pot is clear and they added a sifter but it still gets a little messy.

on 12/13/2004 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just bought this and had used it once..i like this product a lot and i can see that i'll be wearing it often. it has small pearl particle that give a very nice sheen..perfect for days and night. i'm going to buy more colours. it should get 5 lippies but it creases on my lids, but most shadows do. i have a very oily lids. but this on has good consistency.UPDATED : i have to edit my review...i found out that if you use a base and apply it wet, it'd stay forever in your lids and don't crease at all :) i'm so happy i bought this product!! my HG e/s..love it love it love it. i have #916 and 929, gonna buy lots more of them :D