November 27, 2014 | 953 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Star Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ao5775

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I use 928, 945, and 947. Unbelievable shimmery pigments that have pretty good staying power. Application can be a bit messy if you're not careful. I will definitely purchase other colors! Well worth the price for a high quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 3:35:00 AM More reviews by minanmi

GREAT STUFF. This eyeshadow rocks! I have this in a pinkish-beige color. Although this stuff looks incredibly shimmery in its little pot, it goes on very sheer but can be built up easily for oomph. Has great staying power...my main complaint is the packaging. The little plastic, screw-top pot this product comes in has holes which allow the powder to come out....onto everything. After realizing what was going on, I ended up taping up the holes and making a single pinprick in the tape...which now gives me the perfect amount.
EDIT: more raves! I've also been using my star powder in the pink-beige color on my cheeks...and makes a terrific highlighter for my cheekbones without looking tacky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2005 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Honey_pot

I love those eyeshadows. I have 20 shades (all the shades I could find), including the 4 whites with golden, pink, blue and silver refelctions. The colours are gorgeous, very blendable and mixable. I love them both dry and wet and use them alone or to top other e/s (to intensify or modify one shade or simply to add a bit of shimmer).
The staying power is good, but not the best, especially if you wear them alone. After 8 hours you'll find the colours fade and sometimes start to crease a little bit, but they usually stay in place (if you use 2-3 colours you will not have just one unic mixes shade at the end of the day)
They are quite cheap (11 each) and last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Nutshell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff! This is a beautiful light gold..gorgeous on the lid and brow bone! My new HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have my first pot in #910, a nice green that reminds me of Shu's ME 555 Green, only less golden and yellow tone. I do prefer this to MAC. It's MUCH more finely milled,doesn't fall on your cheekbones when applied, imparts LOADS of shimmery glow, has many shades to choose from and CHEAPER! I'm not saying they can REPLACE MAC pigments, but they are really good or even better choices when you feel desperate searching for 'hard to find' pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jawa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't say enough good things about this powder. I bought #927, which is a really lovely two-toned colour of mauve and bronze/copper. So lovely. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true - it applies beautifully wet, stays on a long time, has very intense colour, etc. I don't think I can go back to cake e/s after this, I've got to get more of these. BTW, in regards to the container/application getting messy, this is what was recommended to me by the salesperson, and it has worked for me: After you take of the top lid there is an inner tray/seive thing with 3-4 holes in it. This has a clear sticker covering it when you purchase it, which you would probably remove. DON'T remove the sticker. Just use a pin or a pen or something and punch a hole through ONE of the holes. When you want to use the powder, put the lid on and give it a gentle shake. This will let just a little powder through and you don't end up with a mess. HTH

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

I really love this product. I discovered these about 9 years ago and they were my first foray into make-up. These are really high quality versatile powders that leave a beautiful shimmer. I have #918 (golden chocolate brown - discontinued), #919 (plumy taupe), #906 (intense blue turquoise), #900 (snowy shimmer) and my favorite #944 (translucent teal shimmer) in the pot it's a white base with a teal shimmer but when you put it on its a completely translucent with just the most gorgeous teal shimmer. The packaging over the years has slightly improved where the pot is clear and they added a sifter but it still gets a little messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2004 12:28:00 AM More reviews by st3lla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just bought this and had used it once..i like this product a lot and i can see that i'll be wearing it often. it has small pearl particle that give a very nice sheen..perfect for days and night. i'm going to buy more colours. it should get 5 lippies but it creases on my lids, but most shadows do. i have a very oily lids. but this on has good consistency.UPDATED : i have to edit my review...i found out that if you use a base and apply it wet, it'd stay forever in your lids and don't crease at all :) i'm so happy i bought this product!! my HG e/s..love it love it love it. i have #916 and 929, gonna buy lots more of them :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 4:00:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

I have this in #926 which is a lovely shimmery beige that i use to highlight & use as a final step to blend my eyeshadows. i sometimes just use this as a wash and put mascara on. its lovely when the lights hit my eyes.

I think MUFE's packaging for loose eyeshadows are the best so far - a screw top jar with a sifter. which they make the sifter holes smaller though. BUt a really good product. I use so little, a jar really lasts me a long time. Will repurchase if i ever run out of it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 2:52:00 AM More reviews by divinevi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Copper. 909. A bright colour for your lids this product has shimmer for blast. It is a little finicky. A good dash of colour or if your brush isn't loaded up, a skid of colour. I like the effect of it fading during the day, especially paired with a blue like parrot as eyeliner. It has the faintest pink shimmer so a pinkish colour for highlight is pretty.

It's a great colour (the ma told me) to mix with gloss, though I've yet to brave the waters.