MAC Mineralize Blush - Gentle

4.5

on 6/3/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm an NC25 and I put this on my checks with some bronzer. It has some shimmer but it's no glittery. Gives me a nice Summer glow.

on 6/3/2010 3:34:00 AM

For reference I use Studio Fix concealer in NW25 and Mac Studio Fix Powder in C3

I read reviews on this blush and after being a bit scared off by the comments about it looking quite mauve/purple in the pan I was a bit skeptical to try it, seeing as to I'm not quite fond of mauve, I always thought it suited darker skin tones better. However, after receiving it in a swap I have seriously fallen in love.

I love mineralize blushes but quite often find anything mineralized can sometimes be too glittery when applied to the face, not this blush. It gives the the perfect amount of sheen, good for daytime or night. The color is very easy to blend, and can be buildable without applying layers and layers of product. The staying power is also pretty well, but I have noticed after a few hours I will feel like reapplying it.

Price wise, for 21 USD, the amount MAC gives you I feel could be a bit more, but I would definitely repurchase it just because it isn't your everyday baby pink or coral blush.

I think any fair to medium warm toned people should definitely have this for an alternative to their pinks and corals without looking like a clown! continued >>

on 5/24/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gentle is pretty close to HG for me - the most perfect mauve pink shimmery blush ever, in the whole entire world!

on 5/10/2010 8:16:00 PM

This is a very pretty berry pinkish blush with some shimmer in it. I love all the Mineralize blushes, I have 7 or 8 of them. I highly recommend this color.

on 5/8/2010 1:34:00 AM

I just thought of using this again after getting it for quite sometime and using it for one or two times then. As i have a stash of blusher, this is sometime been neglected but i can understand why. It is a pigmented and smooth blush but then the color doesn't look nice on me. I had better luck with other color that are plum pink color blush but this one just look dull. There are slight shimmer in the pan but on me, i don't see any at all. This color pile up ages for me. I think i am allergic to zea mays (corn) starch, so if you are then i suggest it's best not to get this as it will break you out like what it did to me....the pimple is still there after a few days so hence....i decide to put this away and neglect it again. Nothing amazing and doesn't worth for the money spend as i've got it more expensive here. Won't repurchased. Might use it again when i am pimple-free but just as so as i have spend quite an amount and i don't bear to throw away.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

One of the girls at my counter convinced me to buy this-I was hesitant because when winter zapped away all of my lovely tan colouring, I was left looking slightly washed out (a problem my olive complexion often leaves me with!) and this colour seemed too pink for me..but she was very persuasive, haha. In the pan, it's a gorgeous dusty raspberry colour with hints of mauve veining and plenty of shimmer..on my cheeks, I have a hard time getting it to really show up on my skin-it takes a few swirls on a dense blush brush to evenly apply for me, but I think that may be due to having oily skin on my cheeks! Unfortunetly, it made my skin break out in a rashy type explosion..this blush is OKAY...will probably end up on my swap list sometime soon =\

on 5/8/2010 1:18:00 AM

I got this because one of my friends talked about how amazing it was and she loves it. All my other blushes are peach or pink this is the only one I have like this and i like it.

on 4/30/2010 10:43:00 PM

First mineralize blush I ever bought, and I use it all the time. It's my go to blush, love the color of this blush and the shimmer.

on 4/26/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought two -- right away. I love how this blush looks on me.. it is a soft soft mauvey pink with slight slight sheen... perfect for summer/spring looks.

the texture is smooth and soft and glides on and stays on.. it is gorgous.

I haven't fallen in love with a blush for about two weeks..lol.

on 4/26/2010 5:17:00 PM

This is a very lightweight blush with a pretty pink shimmer colour. I find that a little colour goes a long way. If I put too much on my brush I start to look like a barbie doll with my light skin colour. Made me break out when I first started using it, but anything with shimmer does this. Would buy it again.

Top Rated MAC Products