October 31, 2014 | 817 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by iiTZzJOOLiiAH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt really care for this. I know its just a moisturizer but it didnt cover ANYTHING. I couldve applied a normal white moisturizer. It felt a bit oily and weird to me. Wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by RachelLauren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's a great tinted moisturizer, I have it in both fair and luminous. I use this everyday, on days that i want more coverage I use it under my bare minerals for a flawless look. This doesn't turn orange as the day goes on, and it goes on nice and sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this, returned it and bought it again just to be sure that it wasn't this that was breaking me out. it was! cystic acne is no friend of mine. neither is this. i so wanted to love love love! :( and if this is oil free then why does it separate? i had to shake it before use b/c oil would come pouring out if i didn't. IDK. maybe that was the cause of my breakout?...give me back my 32 bux!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by amvill77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second favorite tinted moisturizer, right under the Laura Mercier Oil Free one. I am about NW15 and have it in the color Luminous. It gives a slightly dewey finish when applied and it goes on sheer, which is great for summer. The coverage is definitely buildable, though (but by no means full coverage), so when I need more I'll just add another layer and add a little concealer to any blemishes, etc. I do have to set this with powder to make sure that it lasts all day and I would say it keeps me shine free for about 5 hours. It does not make me look like a greasball though, it's only minimum shine. The overall lasting power of this, on me of course, is about 7-8 hours. It does not last as long as my LM tm. This is not my HG, however, and if I had to choose I would definitely choose the Laura Mercier over this. I would probably repurchase in the future if I felt like I needed/wanted another tm, but I intend to just finish this one up and stick to the LM one..maybe try out the Kiss My Face one too and see how that works out. I would recommend this if you want a good tinted moisturizer for summer that has light, buildable coverage and has a slightly dewey finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years I've been battling against my spots, to no success really :(
I wore foundation everyday until a year ago when I got fed up with never feeilng fully content with the foundations I used. I never managed to find the perfect shade and formula in the same product so I decided to quit using foundation. I also never liked that I could feel the foundation on my skin, not comfortable at all!!

Throughout my teenage years I've used several Clinique foundations, Bobbi Brown, Isadora, DIOR, Chanel, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Clarins etc. Also, whenever an SA tries a foundation on me, I feel that they use a foundation that is too dark and then add bronzer to the neck to even out the look The point is, why can't the just give me the correct shade and stop fiddling around trying to persuade me to buy the bronzer as well.....Sneaky SA:s ;P

So anyhow I tried this in 'fair' on my skin the other day and I got really excited. I range from nc20-30 throughout a year and 'fair' has a neutral undertone. At first I didn't notice any difference in the appearance of my skin but then I remembered I had an appointment at my local sun lounge and rushed off. 30 minutes later I left the sunlounge and while walking past a restaurant with a large front window I saw my own reflection. I saw that my face looked a lot more even-toned and polished and surprisingly not greasy even after 30 ''sizzling'' minutes at the sun lounge. Outside the sun was shining, I believe it was 27 degrees Celsius, sorry I am not good at Fahrenheit :(

I touched my cheek and I didn't feel that I was wearing foundation to my relief. The best part with TMs is that it doesn't matter if you choose a shade that is a little too light or dark 'cause the colour pay-off is a lot more sheer, naturally, but I must say that 'fair' would suit me better come Winter as it's for everybody with nc20-25. Next time I'll have a go at 'light' or perhaps 'medium' depending on the undertone. I must add that TMs don't cover up spots, which I knew at the time and I accept that. I rely on my MAC pro longwear concealer to do the concealing and my TM to make my skin look natural but better :)

To conclude I am 17 with teenage spots, I have an oily t-zone both winter and summer and my cheeks are more comfortable in the summer and dry in the winter. Winter is the worst time of the year for my skin 'cause then I have flaky skin all over if I miss out on moisturiser, then I have my jolly old spots and an oily T-zone all at the same time. Total kerfuffle!!

Smashbox Sheer Focus TM gets 5 lippies from me because it's a great TM, it stays on all day even efter a hot day and a visit to the sun lounge and 'cause it gives my face a subtle glow. Top notch!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by carmahaston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product. It is now my HG. If I need a bit more coverage (rare) then I use Benifits foundation stick wtih this. Perfect for my skin tone. Note: I tend to be on the dry side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I really like this so much. Its not heavy and I feel its the perfect blend of foundation and moisture. For some reason I moved on and tried the stila version, which compares quite well and its often on sale on hautelook.com so I'm stocked. I do love the smashbox though and I have oily acne prone skin and I never have issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by InternalDessent1

I have overall good skin, just pimples here and there and some oil. So i thought trying out a tinted moisturizer would kind of "enhance" my skin, as it does not need heavy coverage. But wow this TM has absolutely no coverage at all! nothing special about it. Also, when it dried on my skin, you could see obvious powder all of my face! it dries very powdery and i did not want to see that. i wanted something natural. i returned this because it did not have a little coverage, it had absolutely NO coverage. Did NOTHING special. no glow...no making my complexion a bit more even..nothing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by amanda1071

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing mixed reviews on this i wanted to try it out for myself. This TM needs to be carefully blended. When i think of tinted moisturizers i think of something quick i can slap on my face and head out the door in no time. This TM takes time to blend especially if like me, you have fair skin, the shade 'fair' was too yellow\dark. However this did moiturize my face and gave me a nice glow. I use my foundation brush with this product and after careful blending looked good. It is important to apply this in natural light. i would repurchase this product beause i think it makes a good foundation for me in the summer when i get more colour to my skin and dont want a heavy foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in LUMINOUS which is actually not a true shade but can be worn by any skintone (so I'm told but maybe this is more for light to medium) or mixed with any of the 3 actual shades to add glow. I've only tried luminous but I'm told it is more sheer and has more shimmer though don't think disco when I say that. So, my experience with this "special effect" shade is a positive. I am very dry and have a difficult time with liquid foundation products but this blends like a dream and does not settle into pores or lines. I find a only need a little and it covers my redness and lessens the appearance of my freckles. I like the glow you get from Luminous but it's not obnoxious or over the top. Coverage in this "mixing" shade is probably less than the other shades but I've only used this one. It's great for everyday use, fast to apply, some sunscreen just incase, nice effect to the skin with evening out of skin tone. This, just on it's own, is great. Add some brow powder (I need it) and a touch of blush and I'm good to go for pretty much anything. My husband says my skin looks very even and nice so it's a winner for me. Packaging is easy to use and store. Review may be confusing/written on phone so I cannot read what I've written.