Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked this mascara when I first got it - unfortunately, it dried out super quickly. I never "pump" my mascara and get more product so I feel like it shouldn't have dried out so quickly. I like mascara with a "wetter" consistency, this clumped and felt chunky. I really wanted to like it because I'd heard so many things about it -- but the brush was messy, it was chunky, and while it did give me dramatic lashes at first, it tried out so quickly that I couldn't get any product on my lashes and had to throw it away in a month.

Seriously INTENSE black mascara. It's super thick and blackens your lashes. Only drawback is that even my make up remover has trouble removing it b/c it's so thick, so there's always a trace of it left on my eyes. Still a must have for anyone who wants thick black lashes.

This product is alright... it does what any mascara would do, I certainly did not notice anything special about it. I did notice that it stings horribly if you get it in your eyes and that if you mistakenly get it on your skin, it will be there all day no matter how hard you scrub. It also is a HUGE effort to remove. In short, the cons and not worth the pros.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know about this one. I'm not really sure how I conned myself into buying a $31 (CAN) mascara, but for some reason I was under the impression that Diorshow was awesome, and that Blackout was even awesome-er, because it was supposedly so dramatic.

Well, on me, it is not dramatic, not in the slightest. I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. Some days I think, wow, it looks good, and others, I think, where is that so-called drama? The consistency is not too watery and not too thick, but somehow, it just never produces much of an effect on me. Granted, it does the job of a mascara - it does produce some length and some volume, but you know, if I wanted "some," I probably could have spent about $25 less. I really just do not think this is worth the hefty pricetag, for such an overwhelmingly average product.

I'll use up my tube (which looks lovely by the way, that must be what $25 of the price went toward), but I don't see myself ever buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love, love, love this mascara. It makes my lashes look thick and feathery and the back is very intense.

But I do have a few complaints! The first being that the brush on this is horrible and after awhile it starts to guck up and requires constant cleaning. Another is that this dries out pretty quickly if you're not careful and god help you if you get ANY of this in your eye on accident. It makes your eyes feel like they're on fire - more so than just the usual makeup sting, it's really intensely painful.

Other than that though this is my favorite mascara so far - totally worth the price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was very excited about using this product because i am in love with diorshow and it dissapointed me for those people who love BLACK lashes this 100% do the trick whoever ive learned that that is too harsh for my eyecolor so ill give the products props for that .....one thing i no will anoy people it not only flakes it seamers a bit undereath my eyes if u are a looking for a volumizing curling mascara dont waste your money with this product..........THE ONLY THING I LIKE ABOUT THIS IS IT DOES HAVE BEAUTIFULL PACKAGING

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

it provides wonderful definition for my lashes and the black is very pigmented. overall a great mascara and worth the money. warning: doesn't do much for volume

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is great, it creates a volumising and longer lash effect. I apply this everyday and it doesn't create any clumps. I often use it during the day and i apply it on my lower lashes to make my eyes bigger. Other mascaras don't really work but this one is good because it makes ur lashes darker and thicker and it goes on smoothly.
I would buy this again, but later on as it is sort of pricey as well! good product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic buildable jet black mascara, and I've tried
Them all.
Only thing is it isn't thick enough for my liking.
I like to use it as a last coat ontop of my
Benefit bad gal mascara.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am a devoted fan of Dior Show, and am starting to like Iconic a bit more than I originally had, so I assumed that I would be very happy with Blackout.

I find that it's a bit wetter than Dior Show (though not as wet as Iconic), and I have issues with it transferring on to my eyelids at my lashline, even though I look down into a compact mirror when applying it and pull my lid taut.

I agree with all of the other posters, this mascara is a horror to get off. I soak my lashes in Bifacils to take it off, and even then I still end up with horrible black stains on my handtowel. I still wake up with raccoon eyes in the morning! Unbelievable!

Packaging is just as good as Dior Show, which is good. The brush is decent, though not as good as Show. The black is BLACK, which I do like very much. It defines, separates and gives volume, though I also agree that it weighs my lashes down and they lose curl.

All in all this is not a terrible mascara by any means, but it's not going to replace Show for me anytime soon, and I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Mascaras