August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I got this brush a couple years ago just to put on some loose powder. It is a nice medium size and very soft and fluffy brush. I use this for a light dusting of bronzer or for my setting powder to set my liquid foundations. It serves its purpose, but it isn't the best brush I've had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use to use this for my powder foundation until I found everyday minerals flat top and long handled kabuki brushes. This is a pretty good brush. It's nice, fluffy, and soft. It's not as soft as my everyday minerals brushes but it's certainly fluffy.
I dont think I need to buy another one. This one will last me probably a lifetime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by onebum

My cat loves this thing, he took it off my vanity so he could chew on it. I don't blame him, it's super soft and provides nice even coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 4:41:00 AM More reviews by oliveyou21

Sonia Kashuk has the best makeup brushes around. Almost all of mine are from her...and I especially love the powder brush. I love how soft it is. I work at a cosmetics counter(not saying who lol) and when my customers cringe at the price of our brushes, if they are purchasing other items from me I secretly tell them to go to Target and get hers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush! it is my HG face brush because it is so soft and fluffy and I can use it to do my whole face. I use it for powder, blush, bronzer, and I spray some fix + on it and dab it over my face for a nice finish.

I have paid much more for mac brushes that I don't even use so this was a very good purchase for me. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this brush is fantastic, i'm so glad i bought it. i use it with both pressed and loose powders and it gives a perfectly even application and it's really soft and just a pleasure to use. i also love the way it looks, the curved handle is not only comfortable in the hand but it's attractive as well.

huge huge fan, i'll definitely be buying more of these in the future. i also have the blush brush from the same collection with the black curvy handles and i love it just as much. awesome value, i'd pay more for these.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brush I have ever owned. Divinely soft bristles and air brused look. It sheds a little but is still my favorite. I love it more than MAC 150

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ecoy143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the white- handled brush, and I bought it from Target for around $11.00. The brush is really soft and applies my powder well. But it sheds like crazy! I hate having to pick hairs off my face when I am trying to apply my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mexiangel25

I can't live without this brush. I use this brush everyday and wash it about once a week. Ive had it for 6 months and it's as soft ( oh and this brush is one of the softest I have every felt) as when I bought it still in the same exact shape. I use it for all over face powder (mineral veil) and for bronzer sometimes as well. Don't waste your money on MAC's all over powder brushes. This one is even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sylvanna

So I got the white-handled one first and I didn't think it was particularly soft. Actually, I felt it was kind of scratchy. I ended up throwing it out after a month of use. But on a whim, I decided to try the one with the black curvy handle. I found that one a lot softer and I really like using it. My problem with the packaging is the plastic case isn't quite wide enough and the top closes on some of the hairs on the brush. Other than that, it's a great product. I use it with my NYC pressed translucent powder to set my makeup.

Edit: I think I like using my EcoTools retractable kabuki better than this. EcoTools is a lot softer.

Edit (again): now, I've been using this for a light dusting of bronzer (Too Faced Chocolate Soleil) on the top of my forehead, temples, jaw, and cheekbones for a very natural, but still slightly enhanced look.

Edit x3: I've also been using this for a light contoured look, which I'm loving! Upping the rating from a 4 to a 5 because this is my go-to everyday/natural contouring brush.