Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara! I always use drugstore mascara because there are so many good ones. I just can't see paying a ton for it. This one really gives my lashes dimension and length. Two gripes: the gigantor brush makes it tough to do my lower lashes without making a mess, and the scent freaks me out. Why is it scented?? But otherwise I love this!

Edit - and removed 1 lippie - the scent really started to annoy me. Also I find it doesn't define my lashes as well as the rubber-brush wands do.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara! If you're looking for a good drugstore mascara I really recommend this. It really gave me volume and not a lot but a bit length. I like to have lots of mascara because I have small lashes and this stuff really helps my eyelashes pop out. Doesn't flake or clump. I would definitely buy again (I've repurchased this about 3 times already!).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This isn't a bad mascara, but it has its cons. The volume it gives is very lovely, and with two coats, my lashes look false. However, it is not a mascara you can just brush on quickly and head out the door.
If you are not careful in applying, the extremely wet formula (combined with giant brush) will get all over your lids- and I mean ALL over. It is also hard to layer; I think two coats of this is the maximum before you start getting seriously crazy lashes. It also isn't the best for my oily lashes, as it will start to smudge EVER so slightly. I'm not talking dramatic panda eyes, but noticeable enough.
A solid 3/5 stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use the waterproof version. It's a great mascara. Quite wet when new. Minimal clump, lengthen and volumize pretty good. No flakes or smudge. Highly recommended. The brush is nice to use. But the colour isn't as black as cover girl lash blast in my opinion

UPDATE 30/10/2015: got this for a few months. It does flake a little bit throughout the day which is annoying especially when you wear contacts.

A great everyday mascara if you want thick and voluminous lashes. Unfortunately, when I try to build it up to two coats, it goes extremely clumpy and flakes. I like to layer this with other mascaras as it holds a great curl!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Used this mascara a couple of times, it is quite thick however it adds a lot of volume, as the name suggests. It clumps quite often for me though.

This is a good mascara. I love everything about the brush (bristles and shape) but it is slightly big (harder to get the lower lashes). This mascara does make the lashes long and full - no complaints. I don't find it clumpy at all. The only thing I would change is to make the brush slightly smaller and the wand a bit longer. Aside from that, top 5 drugstore mascaras and one of Maybelline's best. It really does work.

My favourite mascara! (so far)
I've tried a few of these mascaras and I personally believe that everyones lashes are different so its like you have to find your perfect one.

However I don't like the brush anymore. The other day, I put the brush from the mega plush mascara (the turquoise-green coloured one) into this mascara and Its made a huge difference. Really nice brush for getting right in the corners and it just creates way more volume.

All Maybeline mascaras are good tho! Always my trusty go to :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Unfortuately, I had an allergic reaction to this product. When I tried this product one day at home, it caused intense itchiness a couple hours after application. I felt tiny bumps near my eyes, and suddenly I felt my eyelid was more swelled than before. I looked in the mirror, and saw that my eyes were extremely swelled and red. I washed it off, but the swelling stayed... I'm writing this as my eye is literally half-swelled up. I don't know what ingredient in this product I'm allergic to, but I definitely cannot use this ever again.

*UPDATE: the ingredient that caused contact dermatitis is Phenoxyethanol, used as preservative in many cosmetics. see EWG.org's Skin Deep database for more info.*

This formula is on the dry side, so perfect for shorter lashes and even longer lashes too. It holds a curl, and is a perfect mix of volumizing and lengthening. The brush is a fibre brush and perfect for the volume and also helps to seperate lashes as well. If you don't have sensitive eyes, this is an amazing mascara. If you do... Please be careful. This reaction is quite rare from what I know of so far, so just please exercise caution when trying this product out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased this mascara several times. It makes my lashes look much longer and thicker, but it's not clumpy. It's pretty cheap. This is near perfect. I have a gut feeling I could find something better, I just haven't found it yet.

Popular Mascaras