October 31, 2014 | 1448 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Knotigal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got Porridge as part of a BOGO Boxing Day sale - it was featured with Lemslip, which is why I bought the package. (Wash a Friend?)

Anyway, the problem with Porridge is the pin oatmeal. After only 2 uses I couldn't even get to the soap part. So here's a tip if you love the smell of Porridge but hate the oats. I got this from another forum.

Melt the soap in the nuke (5-10 second bursts) being careful not to burn it. Then put it in the fridge and the oats and soap will separate, leaving you with a soap side and an exfolliating side. I did it and it worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by wetheliving

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought this soap as a present for my boyfriend, as I thought it was the best smelling of Lush's soaps. (It smells so amazing, like sugar cookies.) As it turned out, I fell in love with it and have already repurchased!

Ok, so it's quite expensive in Australia ($6.95/100g), it can get a little messy in the shower, and it does get used up fairly quickly, and if you scrub too hard it can get scratchy... but even with all those cons, this is THE BEST soap I have ever used in my life. My HG!

See, I have had Keratosis Pilaris for as long as I can remember- these little red bumps on my skin that just don't go away. I've tried literally everything- prescription creams, diet changes, alpha-hydroxy-acids... the list goes on. Nothing worked.

Until I discovered Porridge soap. After ONE use, my skin felt the softest it has ever felt. My bumps are gone.. like magic! I don't know what exact ingredient did this, but I honestly think this soap is a blessing from heaven.

I can't believe that something I have struggled with for my whole life could be fixed so easily with one product. I just rub the bar lightly on my skin until it lathers up (seconds!), rinse, step out of the shower, towel off, and.... BAM. Perfect skin.

I never really rated Lush very highly before I tried this product, but now I am a convert for life. Thank you Lush!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Breakfast in a soap! I love to use this in the mornings, the oats go right down the drain. It's very soothing and yummy smelling. I love it! Really does smell like a bowl of oatmeal. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell, I bought it for BOGO sale at Lush during boxing day and I'm glad I did! This stuff is great exfoliator, feels nice when scrubbing, but it doest get a tad abrasive. Did I mention I loved the smell? It smells like sweet molasses.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by moomoo12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like this soap lasted me forever compared to other LUSH soaps. I like that it is creamy and my skin does feel moisturized afterward. Pieces of oats did exfoliate, not sure if it was my piece though but I felt like majority was oats. Then I had pieces sitting around in my shower. Smell wasn't anything special for me but it wasn't horrible either. I have come across other LUSH products I would rather purchase before this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

when i smelt this in the store i first thought this was disgusting, but as i went back, the smell grew on me more. i bought this because of the exfoliating oats and because of how cheap this was.
let me say, that once you are using this, the smell gets so much better and literally does smell like porridge. it's smells sweet but wholesome if that makes sense. no obvious vanilla or honey scents to it. just a sweet milky smell. the oats really get into your skin and gently exfoliate (not like a scrub), and this soap is VERY creamy. you don't need to work for that lather.
soaps are usually my least favourite Lush products, but this is very unique. i would definitely buy this again and i really love using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by petitebabygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. I lather it up with an exfoliating towel (the ones you get at Asian markets) and wash up. The oats don't bother me, the smell is yummy, and I feel clean, but it's also gentle on my skin.
I like to use it as a shaving 'cream' by rubbing the soap bar on the area to be shaved and letting the oats exfoliate before I shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahlalalala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Porridge *_*

So good! This smells terrific! Everytime I walk past it, I HAVE to smell it. Reminds me of Tolberone chocolate. Anyone?

This great for bit of a bumpy massage feel and I extremeley recommened rubbing this soap on your feet, feels great

Seriously, can't get over the smell. Actually I'm gonna go smell it now..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soap that grows mold, anyone...? Well, here it is. I guess this one is OK if you use it up fairly quick. But I did not love it enough. So after 14 days with no attention from me, it became a furry little new pet that I could not remember to have adopted.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this... it smells like SOUR, cheesy vomit! With orangey undertones. Blegh.