LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 6/20/2011 6:14:00 PM

I don't really use bar soaps and instead, rely on cleansers with a liquid consistency. The oat pieces may get a little messy in the shower. I used this as hand soap and it lasted me quite a while. Probably around 5 months and I bought a small slice. It smells nice, but the smell doesn't really linger on my hands.

on 6/7/2011 8:00:00 AM

I wanted to like this soap, it smells great and has a wonderful texture. It just didn't last long at all, after 1.5 weeks of showers it was pretty much gone which was sad. I've tried many other soaps that were equally as nice but lasted for ages before disintegrating. I can't justify buying this soap again.

on 5/25/2011 12:32:00 PM

I love this scent, which is suprising because I am not into warm scents. It smells like vanilla, chocolate and oats. As a soap I have concerns. It leaves my shower filthy with pieces of shes that won't rinse down the drain. The soap is creamy and it lathers but it leaves my skin sticky. Sticky wouldn't be bad if it also left behind the scent but it gets washed down the drain which is more than I can say for those darn shells all over my tub! I will use the rest of it, but I won't repurchase.

on 5/4/2011 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I dont understand why people keep telling me that it smells like orange juice. When i received mine, it doesnt smells like orange juice at all! All I can smell is like rotten fruits. Eww.. makes me wanna gag. I simply hate the smell. Its not as fresh or as good I thought it would be.

Personally, I would repurchase it just for the oats and cereal, but I hate the smell. I love how it exfoliates my skin, I just couldnt stand the smell. Everytime my mom or my family use the soap, I feel like I wanna stick my nose so i'll not smell it.

on 4/24/2011 7:49:00 AM

Got Porridge as part of a BOGO Boxing Day sale - it was featured with Lemslip, which is why I bought the package. (Wash a Friend?)

Anyway, the problem with Porridge is the pin oatmeal. After only 2 uses I couldn't even get to the soap part. So here's a tip if you love the smell of Porridge but hate the oats. I got this from another forum.

Melt the soap in the nuke (5-10 second bursts) being careful not to burn it. Then put it in the fridge and the oats and soap will separate, leaving you with a soap side and an exfolliating side. I did it and it worked!

on 3/27/2011 10:38:00 PM

I first bought this soap as a present for my boyfriend, as I thought it was the best smelling of Lush's soaps. (It smells so amazing, like sugar cookies.) As it turned out, I fell in love with it and have already repurchased!

Ok, so it's quite expensive in Australia ($6.95/100g), it can get a little messy in the shower, and it does get used up fairly quickly, and if you scrub too hard it can get scratchy... but even with all those cons, this is THE BEST soap I have ever used in my life. My HG!

See, I have had Keratosis Pilaris for as long as I can remember- these little red bumps on my skin that just don't go away. I've tried literally everything- prescription creams, diet changes, alpha-hydroxy-acids... the list goes on. Nothing worked.

Until I discovered Porridge soap. After ONE use, my skin felt the softest it has ever felt. My bumps are gone.. like magic! I don't know what exact ingredient did this, but I honestly think this soap is a blessing from heaven.

I can't believe that something I have struggled with for my whole life could be fixed so easily with one product. I just rub the bar lightly on my skin until it lathers up (seconds!), rinse, step out of the shower, towel off, and.... BAM. Perfect skin.

I never really rated Lush very highly before I tried this product, but now I am a convert for life. Thank you Lush!!

on 3/16/2011 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Breakfast in a soap! I love to use this in the mornings, the oats go right down the drain. It's very soothing and yummy smelling. I love it! Really does smell like a bowl of oatmeal. :)

on 3/5/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love the smell, I bought it for BOGO sale at Lush during boxing day and I'm glad I did! This stuff is great exfoliator, feels nice when scrubbing, but it doest get a tad abrasive. Did I mention I loved the smell? It smells like sweet molasses.

on 3/1/2011 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I feel like this soap lasted me forever compared to other LUSH soaps. I like that it is creamy and my skin does feel moisturized afterward. Pieces of oats did exfoliate, not sure if it was my piece though but I felt like majority was oats. Then I had pieces sitting around in my shower. Smell wasn't anything special for me but it wasn't horrible either. I have come across other LUSH products I would rather purchase before this one.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

when i smelt this in the store i first thought this was disgusting, but as i went back, the smell grew on me more. i bought this because of the exfoliating oats and because of how cheap this was.
let me say, that once you are using this, the smell gets so much better and literally does smell like porridge. it's smells sweet but wholesome if that makes sense. no obvious vanilla or honey scents to it. just a sweet milky smell. the oats really get into your skin and gently exfoliate (not like a scrub), and this soap is VERY creamy. you don't need to work for that lather.
soaps are usually my least favourite Lush products, but this is very unique. i would definitely buy this again and i really love using it!