April 20, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice mascara. I am extremely picky when it comes to mascaras and I use only the very best. This mascara is really easy to remove which is a big plus in my book. I also need a mascara which holds a curl, my lashes are thin and light and can get weighed down by heavier mascaras and this one holds a curl excellently. This mascara does lengthen decently although compared to other ones that gave my lashes extreme length, this one quite doesn't compare but still gives a really nice look. It is also provides a little volume, which surprised me seeing as it is a lengthening mascara, its not what you would use if your looking for a volumising one, but I was very pleasantly surprised as it volumised my lashes to the perfect amount for me. It doesn't clump either, unless you use more than three coats, but who really needs more coats than that. It also has a really deep black colour which I adore, I have tried other mascaras before which claim that they are deepest black or midnight and this one was just 'black' but is one of the darkest mascaras I have ever owned. It also defines the lashes well.

You must realise that it does not give a dramatic effect but it is not natural either, I would desribed it as being strikingly pretty. It does lengthen but don't get me wrong, but I was still a little disappointed by its lack of lenghtening compared to a few others I have tried, but even so I have learnt to truly love this one, even then I don't think I curl my lashes to such an extreme level like I used to, so that might reduce the lengthened appearance. I have constantly thought I have found HG mascaras previously, however I really think I might settle with this one. New HG? may very well be. It also makes your lashes feel soft when its on, which is unusual for mascara. I'm not sure what all the benefits of the ceramide treatment is, but it has reduced lash loss and reduced brittleness and breakage and keeps my lashes feeling soft. So it has obviously strengthened my lashes. This is a real highlight seeing as the lash serums I bought didn't reduce lash loss like this mascara did and the mascara isn't hard to remove and sticky like the lash serum.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not found a drugstore mascara that performs as well for everyday. I have used mascaras by Cover Girl, Maybelline, Rimmel London, L'Orel Paris, and Revlon. I decided to buy this when Elizabeth Arden had a BOGO. I have been using this product since July of last year and have noticed a subtle difference in my eyelashes. It doesn't clump even after several coats, so I will continue to repurchase but am still searching for an HG drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by soccermominsd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

6/9/10
I am revising my review. It seems once this mascara is used a few times it alters the way it goes on. It started becoming clumpy and difficult to use and smearing was also prevalent. To bad, I wanted this to work so much.
--------------------------------

I didn't give this mascara a 5 because that is reserved for the 'bomb' HG mascara when I find it.

I have stick-straight lashes and have been burdened with always having to curl my lashes and using waterproof mascara to make the curl 'hold'. This can take a toll on lashes...as it did mine. I recently started noticing my lashes on one eye was getting a little sparse so I started Latisse a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a 'good-for-you' mascara that would be gentle on my lashes as they mended and grew.

This mascara goes on easy, no overwhelming chemical smell that some have. I put on a total of 3 coats throughout the day and even the 3rd coat seemed to go on well without much clumping. My lashes were soft and taking this off at night was a breeze. I did not experience raccoon eyes that some other users did...which is a miracle since I have VERY oily lids.

This mascara is definitely a daytime, low-key mascara and you won't get a big voluminous look with it, but it seems great for every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

pretty good mascara, doesn't clump and lashes soft,a bit dry though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by diorshowgirl

I'm a big fan of this mascara. It's perfect for day time looks. It definately doesn't give the volume and drama that other mascaras provide, but it defines and lengthens. It never clumps, and leaves lashes feeling very soft. I'm not sure the ceramides provide any significant benefit, but I definately can't complain about the performance of this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by zauberlinda1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, a decent product but you really have to use the full size to know it. A few months ago, I swapped for a new, full size and instantly fell in love with the way the brush and product worked together. I got a nice balance of volume and length and minimal bottom smudging. When it was time to replace it , all I had was a gwp size so I started using it only to be very dissapointed. If these cosmetic companies want to sell/promote their goods by offering freebies or gwp items, they need to be more aware of the fact that if a gwp item presents itself as crap, not many people will go on to try or buy a full size. The wand on the gwp size is horrid and does nothing to promote a fairly decent mascara product. No lift, volume or lengthening but guarenteed smudging under the lower lid even though no mascara was applied.. Trust me, I would not have tried the full size of this mascara had I tried it first as a gwp. Generally, I like gwp mascara because of the freshness/sanitation factor but I will pass on this one. I would buy the full size because of the brush/product combo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by h2okolor

Really nice mascara - definite re-purchase. Not a dramatic result but lovely day-wear look. Lengthens and darkens. Minimal clumping, lashes stay SOFT and pliable (big plus!!!), no noticable odor. I would improve the brush a little (I think it needs more bristles) but otherwise a five star mascara.

Later: too clumpy, too globby. Too wet and gooey. Gave it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a bonue pack - love it, I'll buy the full size when this is done. It doesn't clump!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara accentuates my long lashes, while leaving them soft and looking natural. However, it also smears very quickly. Within an hour, I have raccoon eyes, even when I just apply to my top lashes. I don't mind paying a lot of money for a nice mascara, so I really wanted this to work on me because I like the way it makes my lashes look and feel. But because it smears so badly, I have to give this product a low rating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE/EDIT:
This started flaking so much, and sometimes smudging too. I'd come home some days and look in the mirror to be horrified that I had a black streak under my eye...To me this is a pretty average mascara, definitely not worth the price, and I didn't see any difference in my lashes as far s the "treatment" part goes. won't be repurchasing.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I've been using this every day for about 2 weeks, and I'm pretty pleased with it. it's good for a day time mascara, but it's not very dramatic so if you're looking for long flirty lashes this isn't it -- a pretty simple, basic mascara I guess, but it does look really nice for everyday wear.
I have had a little trouble with flaking but not too much - nothing like some others I have tried, and this is definitely bearable.
It volumizes pretty well, lengthens a little, and does stay on well.
As for the treatment part...my lashes do look a little more moisturized. But i have not noticed they are any thicker or longer. Oh well. I just like knowing i'm putting something healthy and conditioning on my lashes.