Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

3.8

I like this mascara. After 6 hrs, you can see some slight smudging at the bottom. but it does lengthen and volumize my lashes a bit. Looks really natural and nice for one coat. ( Very light swipes ) I received this as a gift from the company. No more then 1 coat, it might clump. When it dried out, I think it worked better for my lashes. It's $20 it's good, but not holy grail. Spend the money on a cheaper mascara. Not bad at all. No clumping if used correctly.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice mascara. I'm a guy, and I don't like wearing mascara but sometimes I do for work (makeup artist here). I like this because it gives length and a bit of volume but looks natural. I like it also because I wear contacts and it doesn't bother my eyes, and is easy to remove.

I can't comment on whether or not this made my lashes longer, because it gave me horrible raccoon eyes the 2 times that I tried it. The formula seemed nice though, if you like a drier formula mascara.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE: 7/29 - If I were you I wouldn't believe me, but I'm going to write this anyways, and I know it sounds crazy. But I'm SURE my eyelashes are longer!! A few of them touch my eyebrows...(not that they have far to go, but they've never in my life done this.) I was thinking the last few days that after wearing mascara since 1980, I've finally got the hang of application. Then I checked my lashes without mascara& nearly flipped. They're a lot longer! I'm not naive enough to believe I'm getting new lashes from this mascara.I have the same number (sparse) and they're not thicker. I think what's happening is, like my hair, the lash ends crack and split easily. They crack off before they reach their regeneration time, making my lashes short. Something in this mascara,and its sister lash conditioner is keeping my lashes from splitting and cracking so they grow intact to their full length. I can't come up with a better reasonable explanation, but I just had to write about this in case it may work for others! Ceramides (in this mascara: Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11) are lipid molecules composed of sphingosine linked to fatty acid by an amide bond. They exist in hair's cuticle, and, applied topically, create a barrier around hair strands that prevents moisture and protein from escaping. They also help seal in the many other helpful ingredients like Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg Propyl Silanetriol, Panthenol, Phytosphingosine,
Cholesterol, and Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate. At long last, pun intended, I've found the perfect mascara for me!

5/24: This reminds me of the Original EL More Than Mascara (circa 1990), which has since been replaced by dyed Vaseline. EA Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara is just right for making lashes look longer, extremely defined, and fluttery. There's not a hint of clumping, no matter how many coats are applied, and this is so light it easily keeps curl. It gives my lashes a "feathery" appearance, and it keeps them silky soft. It doesn't flake, or smudge. It's a nice, rich black that never looks gray. I apply this mascara before all my other makeup, including eyeliner, and I find myself using less liner or shadow than I used to use, because my lashes are so outstanding. I LOVE the way this makes me look like I have long, fluttery lashes...because I so don't! If I want a dramatic look, I use this over a lash primer, but this mascara is the best for creating remarkably natural-looking, pretty lash enhancement. It removes easily, and thoroughly, with my regular facial cleanser.

I really like this mascara, I tried a sample size of it and really didn't expect it to be so great. It really lengthens and volumises my short lashes, even with a brush that is thin, I feel that I can easily control how much I put on.
Beside that, it is a mascara that is actually good for the lashes since it contains vitamins and other ingredients that helps strenghten and reinforce them. Only downside is the price, so I won't be buying it that often, only when I want to give myself a real treat :)
Definetly a mascara I will pick first over many other high-end mascaras!

I like this mascara because it conditions my eyelashes and stops them from breaking, it's easy to remove, and it definately makes my eyelashes longer, but the brush sticks them together and I have to spend time separating them. It would probably be my hg if it had a better brush that separated my lashes out properly.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing special, just like any ordinary mascra, I recommend using the money on a better mascra

I love the way my lashes look using this! I would definitely repurchase. The only thing is that it smudged on me, but all mascaras have. Now that I have Lancome's eyelash primer, I can't wait to try it with the mascara and see if it still will smudge.

Eyes: Violet

I used to work for The Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden and I have tried several products of theirs, but I must say that I was actually impressed by this mascara. It did improve the length of my lashes and it didn't clump. I would re-purchase this if it weren't so expensive.

This is actually really good as a primer for mascara. I use this first before putting on something else. This primes the lashes to help hold the curl of my lashes (after using an eyelash curler) so that whatever other mascara I put on after does not weigh down my lashes. However, I would really suggest the Bare Escentuals Buxom mascara because it's a "good-for-you" (for your lashes) mascara and really defines the lashes and holds curl like nothing else!

Popular Mascaras