Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

3.8

I love the way my lashes look using this! I would definitely repurchase. The only thing is that it smudged on me, but all mascaras have. Now that I have Lancome's eyelash primer, I can't wait to try it with the mascara and see if it still will smudge.

on 11/25/2010 7:45:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I used to work for The Red Door Spa by Elizabeth Arden and I have tried several products of theirs, but I must say that I was actually impressed by this mascara. It did improve the length of my lashes and it didn't clump. I would re-purchase this if it weren't so expensive.

on 11/10/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is actually really good as a primer for mascara. I use this first before putting on something else. This primes the lashes to help hold the curl of my lashes (after using an eyelash curler) so that whatever other mascara I put on after does not weigh down my lashes. However, I would really suggest the Bare Escentuals Buxom mascara because it's a "good-for-you" (for your lashes) mascara and really defines the lashes and holds curl like nothing else!

on 9/25/2010 3:07:00 AM

I haven't tried any Elizabeth Arden mascaras before, I just bought this because it was on sale as I was going through the duty-free at the aiport. I found it pretty smudgy, and the look on my lashes was just average. Also, the bottle seems to dry out really fast, so it's getting clumpier and clumpier, and I haven't had it that long. I haven't noticed any 'lash extending' effect from the ceramide treatment. The pluses are that it doesn't flake, and it's easy to remove. I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been always looking for that one mascara that will truly lengthen my eyelashes. After a couple of weeks i noticed a tremendous change in the length of my eyelashes!! The treatment had actually worked, and my eyelashes had grew longer. Now, heres the gross part: After using this mascara for a month i realized my eyes and the area around my eyes looked much darker then usual and just blacker. When I looked closer I realized that the mascara had actually made me grow small dark hairs underneath my eyes!! That mascara went straight to the trash!!!!!!!!!! gross! I will never purchase any type of "lengthening treatment" again!

on 8/28/2010 12:31:00 PM

As much as my love Elizabeth Arden's makeup I have to say that I am not a fan of this mascara. I had high hopes but unfortunately I was let down. I was given a sample size along with my purchase to try. I don't like the formula of this mascara. It took several coats to actually be visible on my lashes. It didn't make my lashes appear longer or thicker either, in fact it did a poor job compared to less expensive mascaras. The worst part is that it irritated my eyes making them red and even itchy around the lash line. It just didn't work for me. I'll be sticking with my Lash Blast.

on 7/31/2010 3:07:00 PM

Best mascara ever.

on 6/18/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am a pretty strong believer that high-end mascara is junk. I find that most drugstore brands of mascara are better then high-end, and I would rather save the $40 something (AUD) for a high-end blush or foundation, however this is an exception. This is amazing! It gives perfect definition to lashes, I have found it virtually impossible to clump and its lengthens like a dream. I have pretty nice lashes, long and always curled, and with this mascara on my eyes, my face just brightens. I love this mascara, the only downside is that it's not very good a volumising, so I use this paired with a mascara aimed at volume and my eyelashes are perfect. I think if your looking for a mascara thats not too boringly natural but not too dramatic then you should definitely pick this up.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Like many others, i have tried many mascara, expensive, cheap, you name it. I was given a sample of this mascara and fell in love with it at first use. Apply after curling eyelashes really makes them stand out. lashes are definitely longer, no clumps even after several strokes. Would definitely reccomend it! source it out online, its much more cheaper than over the counter and drugstores.

on 5/28/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice mascara. I am extremely picky when it comes to mascaras and I use only the very best. This mascara is really easy to remove which is a big plus in my book. I also need a mascara which holds a curl, my lashes are thin and light and can get weighed down by heavier mascaras and this one holds a curl excellently. This mascara does lengthen decently although compared to other ones that gave my lashes extreme length, this one quite doesn't compare but still gives a really nice look. It is also provides a little volume, which surprised me seeing as it is a lengthening mascara, its not what you would use if your looking for a volumising one, but I was very pleasantly surprised as it volumised my lashes to the perfect amount for me. It doesn't clump either, unless you use more than three coats, but who really needs more coats than that. It also has a really deep black colour which I adore, I have tried other mascaras before which claim that they are deepest black or midnight and this one was just 'black' but is one of the darkest mascaras I have ever owned. It also defines the lashes well.

You must realise that it does not give a dramatic effect but it is not natural either, I would desribed it as being strikingly pretty. It does lengthen but don't get me wrong, but I was still a little disappointed by its lack of lenghtening compared to a few others I have tried, but even so I have learnt to truly love this one, even then I don't think I curl my lashes to such an extreme level like I used to, so that might reduce the lengthened appearance. I have constantly thought I have found HG mascaras previously, however I really think I might settle with this one. New HG? may very well be. It also makes your lashes feel soft when its on, which is unusual for mascara. I'm not sure what all the benefits of the ceramide treatment is, but it has reduced lash loss and reduced brittleness and breakage and keeps my lashes feeling soft. So it has obviously strengthened my lashes. This is a real highlight seeing as the lash serums I bought didn't reduce lash loss like this mascara did and the mascara isn't hard to remove and sticky like the lash serum.

Love it!