July 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have some seriously oily skin and the fact that I live in hot, humid climate where it is summer 9 months of the year does not really help. But now thanks to De-Slick my makeup lasts the whole day, the color and texture of my foundation does not change or alter when I put this on top. Sucks up the oil but remains invisible even on my NC 42 skin. I use a normal foundation (not Oil-Free) and with De-Slick it looks fresh and flawless all day long. For people like me who have enough oil production on their face to supply 3 continents, this is a God sent product.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG of setting powders. I've tried a lot and the finish this powder leaves is beautiful. Does it keep my uber-oily skin oil free for hours upon hours, no. However it does a better job then most. Further more, I can reapply this without the caking problem I get with other powders. I use blotting sheets before reapplying. For those oily girls who are looking for a miracle powder/foundation that keeps you oil free for 8+ hours on a hot humid day without maintenance or reapplication, dream on. If you read this and say "hey I've found that product(s)" then you have normal/combo skin.
I've been battling my oily skin for years. I have tried countless products and techniques. The fact of the matter is, oil breaks down makeup. The key to dealing with oil is finding ways to remove it without disturbing your makeup. Oil blotting sheets and fine milled silicone powders are your friends. Just make sure to remove your makeup well before bed if you are acne prone (well period).
This compact is very pretty. I get compliments on it. However it is very heavy and the included puff is crap. I attempted to wash it and it fell apart with water and gentle manipulation. Once I hit pan on this sucker, it has a tendency to break apart. I have empty sifter containers from Sephora. I transfer the powder into one once it breaks.
Sadly this is overpriced because of the intricate packaging. What can I say? UD is not known for their practical packaging but damn they make good products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hollyferocious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works very well for me. I use it over Cargo Tinted Moisturizer. I take an E.L.F. complexion brush and get a good amount of product on it, then I kind of stipple it onto my skin, T-zone first, then swirl a little bit around the spots I already applied. At the end of the day, there may be a little bit of oil on my forehead, but it's much, much, much less than there would be without it. I use it every day and will repurchase when it's gone. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Worthless times a million

I have fairly oily skin and when i would pat/dust this stuff on it would make it non-oily for about 15 minutes top and then the oily would breakthrough again.

Talk about a huge waste of money. I'll stick to my oil blotting sheets meanwhile

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is the only translucent one that does its job. I used it for a photo shoot recently, and my look was perfect. No oil, no obvious trace of powder! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just got this baby and I only got to use it one but it's been a while now since i put it on and my skin is just as matte and non-greasy as it was when i first applied my makeup.
i'm really excited with this product and hopefully i won't have to come back and change my review.
LOOOOOVE!
god it's beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

Definitely one of the top mattifying powders that I've tried. The powder is a light purple color that is completely translucent on my tan skin. I always apply it with a brush so that I can easily just get rid of the excess. It works, but it's not a miracle product, my skin is just too oily and I have to use several blotting sheets a day. It'll keep my skin matte for a little while, but the oil will eventually seep through.

The fact that this doesn't come in a skin tone color is a plus, because those that I've tried and worked were never REALLY translucent. Also, it doesn't break me out which is always great.

Bottom line, I would repurchase because it's completely translucent, doesn't break me out and works for a short while. However, because it doesn't last as long as I would like, I don't think the price is justifiable, so I will continue my search.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I have very oily sensitive skin and this stuff works WONDERS!

I put it on over top of my tinted moisturizer & powder & it doesn't change the color at all. Just sucks up all the sebum & DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT! HOORAYYYY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tammyfayeFOTD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is actually pretty great. I've had it in my collection unused for quite a while, but today I decided to put it on over my regular cream foundation. All I can say is wow! The difference is definitely noticeable. As a translucent powder that's white in the pan and goes on white but can be blended out sheerly, it's perfect. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by mooidness

My face is slickest than the shiniest oil pit, and those stupid oil blotting sheets were expensive and useless considering how many of them I went through in a day. I also don't wear makeup because my skin freaks out in unsightly reactions when exposed to most foreign substances. After a bit of research, I concluded that I needed a gentle transparent powder that was as close to unscented as I could hope for, and I stumbled upon the newly released Urband Decay Mattifying Powder. It was a couple bucks cheaper back then, I think, and to me, something under $30 sounds more enticing than a product waffling in the 30 dollar range.

Anyway, a bit pricey, but the cost was worth shine-free skin. When I first started using it, I thought it was the best freaking thing since sliced bread because it managed to keep the oil at bay for a couple of hours. I thought this was the definition of succes and was absolutely overjoyed. Also, it didn't seem to irritate my skin too terribly after the first week, the scent was fairly light and neutral, and the powder was completely transparent. I also thought the case fairly pretty, hefty, and sturdy--until it broke a couple of weeks later.

A fluke, right? Nope. The next one I purchased also broke in a similar fashion--around the plastic hinges near the screws. Then another after that. Then the one after that. Then, because I hadn't learned my lesson yet and southern humidity was creating a mirror effect on my face, the one after that. It breaks, I bandage it up with some tape, and curse the stupid overpriced flashy case. And before someone gets the wrong idea, I'm not abusing the case or throwing it around carelessly. I very gingerly place it in the most undisturbed portion of my purse or leave it on my dresser if I'm not going out. Inevitably, though, it breaks. OH, and once you reach the point where a little bit of the bottom metal plate shows through because you've used it for so long, the powder cracks and crumbles, leaving you with a mess of perfectly good powder that you feel awful wasting because of those hard-earned dollars you invested in it and so, you don't and deal with the mess instead.

To summarize: the couple hours of oil-free skin is not worth the cost and awful packaging that can render it useless if you don't have the patience to handle it with utmost care. I certainly don't anymore. I'll leave the rating at 3 stars though, since the actual powder itself isn't completely useless. If you don't have to carry it around with you or the company has updated the design in any way for durability, then you'll probably really like this powder.