December 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I love this product! Doesn't remove or smudge my makeup, but I really only wear moisturizer, a tinted primer, and a little bronzer or blush. I do have oily skin, though, so this is my new go-to product. Definitely makes my face matte, but not fake-looking. Can't see the powder; doesn't make me look white. Love it! Love the packaging! I wish it wasn't as pricey, but it seems like it will last a good long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

Very pretty purple packaging.. love the mirror, BUT DO not love how this looks on.. very sheer but still somehow seems to make my make-up look cracky. i even tried to apply it several ways.. PAT it on, BRUSH it on, Smear it on.. NO SUCH luck.. I hate how the powder is so stiff.. cause you can see the brown from my foundation coming off on this extremely ghostly white product.
only maintained my shine for about 30 minutes..
THE thin CHEAP puff is a downer.. unsanitary cause the bacteria can build up and its all over the powder..

ive used it probably 20x since ive had it.. and It will most likely go back.. probably switch it out with blotting papers from Palladio OR TARTE clay powder I read good reviews about..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MissB18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was gifted this product ages ago and really haven't used it very much in the past. I've kept it in my purse more so just for the mirror and emergency touch-ups but I've recently been trying it out as a setting powder after getting fed up with messy loose powders.
I'm absolutely blown away by the finish it leaves behind considering it's just a translucent powder. My face looks like flawless porcelain.
It seems to smooth out my liquid foundation perfectly to the point where I almost get a bit more coverage out of it and I'm not as concerned with looking cakey as I sometimes am when I use my mineral powder as a setting powder.
It absolutely controls oil and shine throughout the entire day, even after rushing around a muggy mall.
The packaging is gorgeous but heavy and the accompanying puff is utterly useless, though that's quite standard with most compacts.
My only gripe is that the product is so solid in the pan that using my MAC 187, which is my go-to powder brush, doesn't quite work. It doesn't pick up enough product so I have to use the same super dense flat top kabuki brush that I use for my liquid foundation for the powder. I'm then worried about rubbing my foundation off while trying to apply the powder. I end up stippling it on, which is fine, it just adds a bit more time to my makeup routine.
That mere annoyance aside, I'm so glad I decided to pull this out of my purse and actually put it to use. I highly recommend this powder and will most likely repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mattifying powder is awesome!! I have combination skin, so I really only get oily in my t-zone. I lightly pat/buff this onto my t-zone with a kabuki in the morning and my face stays shine-free for at least 8+ hours!! For me, that is unheard of. Usually by 3:00 my t-zone is super shiny. Now it's matte (but not too matte..it just looks like I have naturally perfect skin!!) I love that it's actually translucent AND that it doesn't give a white cast in person or on camera. I bought this after I realized my MUFE HD finishing powder gave me a terrible white cast on pics taken with a flash!! This does not and it keeps the oil away way better than the MUFE HD. Love the compact!!I highly recommend this! (Just fyi, this is also one of Carlene K's (Kristen Cavallari's MUA) favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have some seriously oily skin and the fact that I live in hot, humid climate where it is summer 9 months of the year does not really help. But now thanks to De-Slick my makeup lasts the whole day, the color and texture of my foundation does not change or alter when I put this on top. Sucks up the oil but remains invisible even on my NC 42 skin. I use a normal foundation (not Oil-Free) and with De-Slick it looks fresh and flawless all day long. For people like me who have enough oil production on their face to supply 3 continents, this is a God sent product.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG of setting powders. I've tried a lot and the finish this powder leaves is beautiful. Does it keep my uber-oily skin oil free for hours upon hours, no. However it does a better job then most. Further more, I can reapply this without the caking problem I get with other powders. I use blotting sheets before reapplying. For those oily girls who are looking for a miracle powder/foundation that keeps you oil free for 8+ hours on a hot humid day without maintenance or reapplication, dream on. If you read this and say "hey I've found that product(s)" then you have normal/combo skin.
I've been battling my oily skin for years. I have tried countless products and techniques. The fact of the matter is, oil breaks down makeup. The key to dealing with oil is finding ways to remove it without disturbing your makeup. Oil blotting sheets and fine milled silicone powders are your friends. Just make sure to remove your makeup well before bed if you are acne prone (well period).
This compact is very pretty. I get compliments on it. However it is very heavy and the included puff is crap. I attempted to wash it and it fell apart with water and gentle manipulation. Once I hit pan on this sucker, it has a tendency to break apart. I have empty sifter containers from Sephora. I transfer the powder into one once it breaks.
Sadly this is overpriced because of the intricate packaging. What can I say? UD is not known for their practical packaging but damn they make good products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hollyferocious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works very well for me. I use it over Cargo Tinted Moisturizer. I take an E.L.F. complexion brush and get a good amount of product on it, then I kind of stipple it onto my skin, T-zone first, then swirl a little bit around the spots I already applied. At the end of the day, there may be a little bit of oil on my forehead, but it's much, much, much less than there would be without it. I use it every day and will repurchase when it's gone. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Worthless times a million

I have fairly oily skin and when i would pat/dust this stuff on it would make it non-oily for about 15 minutes top and then the oily would breakthrough again.

Talk about a huge waste of money. I'll stick to my oil blotting sheets meanwhile

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is the only translucent one that does its job. I used it for a photo shoot recently, and my look was perfect. No oil, no obvious trace of powder! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I just got this baby and I only got to use it one but it's been a while now since i put it on and my skin is just as matte and non-greasy as it was when i first applied my makeup.
i'm really excited with this product and hopefully i won't have to come back and change my review.
LOOOOOVE!