December 20, 2014 | 920 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought this was a great bb cream. It did what it meant to do. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation and therefore gives a lighter coverage. It doesn't cover up my scars it just make them lighter. It evens out my skin and doesn't look cakey. I have not experienced any break out from this product. The smell is a pleasant fresh floral smell that goes away literally right after you apply it so it's not bothersome at all. I do have to set this with a powder because it will get oily throughout the day, or maybe that's just because I live in an extremely hot and humid place D: So I have no problem with this emphasizing dry patches on my face (b/c I don't have any). Anyway, I would def repurchase this when I run out. I like this better than the missha red tube bb cream!
Oh and for color references I'm about mac nc20-25 and I use #1

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to try this out after my friend started to use BB cream and told me the benefits of using them.

It soothing and smells nice with spf so it seemed good for normal use instead of foundation. Its suppose to help with acnes in some ways so that made me happy.

I've tried tinted moisturizers, but they have shown to break me out as I tend to be sensitive to certain things and this BB cream was alright on me. Although its suppose to be like a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is no where near it. It actually leans more towards a liquid foundation (?) Giving me a good coverage for acne scars and on my normal (non-sleep deprived) days I can even skip concealer.

Surprisingly its not extremely heavy like foundation and is easy to blend. My only major concerns are the shades in comes in. As #2 had a red undertone, this didn't work with me as I have a yellow undertone. My first tube was #2 and I had to even it out with a slightly more yellow powder which turned out ok, but still made me too pink. Well I went for #1 after my first tube and the main reason I didn't go for it first even if it was for yellow undertones was that it was too light.

Although I really like the BB cream, the colour would probably be better for winter as it suited my face better (still a little to light to my liking), but its no good with my tanned arms -___-

Overall its still a good BB cream, not very expensive either and the tube lasts for a very long time (also because you don't need a lot of it).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this for days when I know I'm not going to meet anyone important, like when I need a light cover-up for quick errands and such. I also like using this during the weekends, not because of its good coverage (it barely has any), but because I like my skin to breathe a bit during the weekends (I wear heavier makeup during weekdays/special occasions-- I can't not wear makeup or else my bad skin will show up). Basically I'm just using this BB cream until I run out. I won't repurchase because it gets me really oily. Be prepared to buy a ton of blotting sheets alongside this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mzzstylish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this because few people were telling me that it had good oil control and my face is VERY oily. Like whenever i put on foundation or powder after 5-10 min my face is already shiny. Wel anyways back to the makeup I actually like the smell of it. However when i use this it just makes my face shiny, coverage isn't that good for me. Other foundations or bb cream doesn;t make my skin as Shiny as this one. I look horrible in it. Also its not so easy to blend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first bb cream I used. I started out using shade 1 and it looked very pale on my NC25-30 skin.I then switched over to shade 2 and found it to have a pink undertone which didn't work well on my skin. I mixed it each time with my MUFE HD foundation in 123 which is too yellow on my skin to balance out the pink int he bb cream and it turned out to be a good match. The bb cream does oxidize during the day and by the end of the day it matched my skintone perfectly. It does not offer much for oil control, but I use powder during the day and blotting paper to keep it under control. During a normal workday i don't have to blot or powder more than once.

I only won't repurchase this because I have found I like the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by hinako442003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also bought this because of the BB craze a while ago (you'll know if you follow Asian trends). They only have two shades, a light shade with yellow undertone, and a medium shade with pink undertone. Well that doesn't do any good for someone with medium yellow undertone skin - aka me. It looked alright back when I was religiously using my sunscreen and was pale as a ghost. But nowadays using it just makes me look like I've got a mask on. There's also no oil control. The only good thing is that it didn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lewheir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised at how much I liked this product. I don't normally wear foundation as I find it too heavy. However, since moving to Korea I noticed that my skin was getting dull and oily (I think it is environmental damage from the cold weather and pollution). I bought this on a wim and my skintone is looking more even and radiant, with fewer breakouts. It's helped a bit with my oily skin, but not drastically (I wouldn't want it to completely dry my skin out afterall). It provides perfect coverage for me, and I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by angxiuyi

I've been using this product for over a year. It was my first bb cream and I liked it because it gives a very natural coverage and because of the spf that comes with the product.

About a few months into using the product, I started to have some clogged pores.My face used to be very clear with a few occasional pimples. However, i did not realize that it was the reason and continued to use it! :(

Currently, I have a very bad breakout. I had to see a doctor for my condition! I've read on a few other forums that skinfood bb creams are especially pore-clogging and quite a number of people have already had breakouts. This has made me very convinced that I should stop using bb creams, not just skinfood bb creams! Perhaps this will not be same for other people, but generally, bb creams are just like foundations. It is essential that we double cleanse at night (for example use a cleansing oil first and then a mild cleanser) and also do exfoliations about twice a week.

I've now switched to mineral makeup while my skin is healing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this BB Cream, in shade 2. Shade 1 is too pale for my complexion. It looks pale the first minute or so after application, but it adapts to your skin tone quite fast and doesn't cover too much, just enough. A little bit goes a long way, don't use too much. I put a pea size amount on my hand, rub my hands and spread it evenly on my face. Putting small dots here and there doesn't do it for me!
It gives a nice glow to my skin, albeit a 'tad' pink, but with a thin veil of powder, it looks great.
Wears well in Seoul's hot sticky summer, and does a good job at keeping skin nice and moist in the winter (how can it do both, it's a mystery.)
I tried many other BBcreams but this is the one I'll repurchase for sure. It seems to calm my skin and doesn't smell at all, so no watery/burning eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by AnaarGula

Love it, packaging is pretty, scent is nice, feel is great, coverage very minimal so more of a moisturizing tint. I bought almost every single thing from skinfood....just so pretty to pass up...:)