April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by voodoomilk

I'd asked the MAC staff for a sheer foundation that would give a dewy finish because the matte look is just too made up for me. Under the lighting in the store, this looked fine, even at home in front of the mirror this looked fine. However, once you step outside, your face transforms into a million tiny glittering pieces. It's amazing how this only shows up under certain light! It's way too sparkly for work. I've only been using this for more casual days, and even then, not on my whole face. It didn't break me out or feel heavy or anything like that, but going to work with a glittering face is just not acceptable.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by xlouderplease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While visiting my MAC counter on the search for a great foundation, a MUA recommended this. I was looking for something quite lightweight with good coverage and one that wouldn't oxidize. He applied it with a 187 and my skin looked dewy, natural and I didn't feel like I was wearing anything at all. I purchased this along with an MSFN (My HG!) and 187 brush and couldn't wait to wear it out. After wearing it nearly everyday for two weeks I was wondering why I could feel bumps around my chin and mouth. I went here, Makeup Alley, and read a few reviews and realized it had broke me out. It took a while for my skin to clear up as they were probably cystic, eh, and it sucked - I really did like this foundation! I think it was about $80 in New Zealand, expensive for a foundation that caused acne, but I did get about $50 back from selling it on Trade Me. The packaging was was nice, it came with a pump and I love anything in glass. Unfortunately I wouldn't repurchase. ):

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the sparkliest foundation EVER. I look like a vampire from twilight! It looks like I put some normal foundation and dumped glitter on my face! So unless you're going to a twilight screening or Kesha concert, I don't recommend this. It only gets 2 lippies because Mac does have awesome shade selection.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by horseygocrazy

i bought this foundation toward the beginning of my freshman year as the first foundation i ever used. my young little self heard raves of MAC on youtube, and assumed that if my favorite guru loved MAC's eye products, then surely that would be the place to go for foundation. big mistake. i didn't even think to look at reviews. i used quite a bit of the product until i realized how bad it made my skin look. i personally didn't like the finish of it, the coverage, or the way my skin reacted to it. it broke me out between my eyebrows and on my chin, problems which still won't go away. i recently switched to BareMinerals makeup, and hopefully that will help clear up my skin. the product was way too expensive, considering the damage it did to my skin. the one good thing i can say about it is the packaging. it comes in a clear bottle with a pump, which i liked, but that's about all i liked about this product. DEFINITELY not a repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by arielelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation broke me out. It also oxidizes on the skin quite a bit, so it can go a bit orange.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bagella

Wow i am so so surprised this has such horrible ratings. Its HG for me!! Yes, the coverage is light and relatively sheer but that is what its SUPPOSED to be. The girl at the MAC counter suggested this when i asked for a natural finish. I have good skin to begin with, normal, no acne, no scarring, no wrinkles. I like to use foundation simply to even out my skintone and give myself a dewy glow, which this does to perfection. I want my skin to still look like skin after makeup application. Its very moisturizing, on some this translates to oily, but on me it just makes me glow. Coverage is light, my skin is even and absolutely flawless in the most natural looking way possible. You seriously can't tell i am wearing foundation, I just look radiant.

Basically, if you have relatively good skin that doesn't need heavy coverage, give this is a go. If you're looking for a heavier foundation, this probably won't be to your liking as much.

Edit: This broke me out HORRIBLY in places I have never broken out in my life! Not cystic acne, but those little pimples that look dreadful and take forever to get rid of. Plus, orange. People actually started asking me why I was orange. Don't bother with this one, I think my initial good review was due to the fact that I haven't tried that many foundations and therefore was impressed with my skin after using this. After trying others though, NEVER AGAIN. Shame on you,MAC.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never went to MAC before so yesterday I decided to go. I bought this foundation with high hopes because a man who worked at the store told me that it blended well, has a beautiful shimmer, has medium to full coverage, and it is moisturizing. I bought this foundation and decided to give it a go. The first thing I noticed while applying it using a foundation brush was that it wasn't covering any of my acne marks. I put a lot on hoping that the coverage would get better but it didn't. Then I realized after applying it was that it was moisturizing (I had dry skin before putting it on and now, a day later, my dry skin is gone.) HOWEVER, it gave the illusion if oily skin. It made my face look so oily that I put a Fair Bare Minerals Foundation I bought at Bare Escentuals over the oily-looking parts (Just a tiny bit) and it looked better

LIKES
    -Natural looking foundation
    -Dewey Finish
    -Moisturizing
    -Matches my skin tone
    -Looks beautiful in sunlight

DISLIKES
    -Makes skin look oily
    -Not much coverage

In general, if I buy a good powder from MAC to cover the oily shine of the liquid and to add coverage, I would buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by blairbe21

I found this foundation very drying on my skin. After a few hours of wear, there would be dry flaky patches on my faces. I was surprised at this because the make-up artist recommended it for dry skin. It's also very shimmery, like a discoball.. won't re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by pretty7212

This foundation totally does the job for me. It makes my skin glow and fresh...I have dry skin..and it is perfect for my skin type. This foundation is not for you if you have oily skin. I put this on with the Mac 130 brush and I don't need much..just one pump of it....and i set it with Mac blot powder...light coverage and it just right for me because I don't like the feel of a heavy mask on my face. I highly recommend this foundation if you have dry skin and you're looking for a fresh , dewey look :) I cannot live without this product-my HG for liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I sampled this in NC42 (i wear NC40 in Studio Fix Fluid & NW35 Pro Longwear). Regardless of all of the negative reviews, I really like this. I actually like the fine sparkles in this. It's not overpowering. I like the consistency. It's almost gel-like and very like. It's not heavy like the Studio Fix Fluid. The Pro Longwear kind of reminds me of the Revlon Colorstay (consistency wise-- i do like Colorstay better). This is not full coverage. It's more on the light-medium side. This is easy to blend with fingers. I will be purchasing this. This does run lighter, in my experience, than the Studio Fix Fluid. When in doubt, go to the counter & get matched. I'm giving this a 4/5 because of the price. It's $29.50 for one oz. There are a lot of drugstore foundations where you get 1oz for half of the price of this or less. Other than the price, I do like this foundation.

update 10/2/11- I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. My skin is somewhat oily/somewhat dry (more oily in the summer, very dry in the winter). I LOVE this foundation. I set it with my Studio Careblend Pressed Powder. I'm different shades in different MAC foundations. In this NC42 is perfect. This gives a luminous glowy finish and lasted me all day. I will purchase this.

update 10/23/11- still loving this. i still have plenty of product left in the sample size. I will be purchasing this. This looks so natural. The color NC42 blends in so perfectly, that you can't tell I have foundation on (a good thing). I don't get a white cast in photos either.

Update 11/27/11- so far, this is the most photogenic foundation i've tried. this looks the best and most natural in photographs than any other foundation that I have. doesn't give a white cast with the flash or anything. has a nice glow to it.