October 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I was looking for a fairly inexpensive but good quality blush brush with synthetic bristles and ended up getting this by itself at Walgreens. I know they also sell this as part of a set so I don't know if the individual brush is any different. Anyhow, I bought the Mac 116, which is quite a bit smaller in size than this one but it sheds a little, which I wasn't so keen on. I also wanted to use it with cream blushes and I don't know about doing that with a natural hair brush that sheds a bit even with powder. This brush is rather dense with a head large enough to be an all over powder brush. The bristles are fine and very very soft. I really wish the head was maybe 1/3 smaller since I don't have a very big face and I would work with a smaller size head like the Mac 116. The only thing that makes it still work as a blush brush is that although it's rather large for blush, it tapers to a tip at the end so that you could easily just use the tip and blend out with the rest. The brush is well put together-good weight to the brush, the handle feels very sold, the connection to the farrel and bristles seems secure. I love how well this works with my cream blushes as well as powder. I would buy this again if I ever needed an extra.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Like most of Ecotools' brushes this is great quality for the price. It's sturdily made, and the bristles are soft. I've had mine for over a year and it hasn't shed or started splaying yet. It's a bit too floppy for anything more than a light dusting of finishing/glow powder, and that's what I use it for. Doesn't take forever to dry. Definitely worth being in anyone's beauty arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by melo0u3e

I loooove this brush to apply my Rimmel stay matte powder ! It works great !

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I bought this brush to replace the really crappy brushes that come with the Bare Minerals kits.

So far, it works pretty well, if not better, in picking up the powder and depositing it on my face. I seem to have to use more with this brush, but unlike the BE brushes, this doesn't "shed" all over my face. It looked like I had wiped my face with a horse's tail the last time I used the BE brushes. It was AWFUL.

I'm still on the search for a really GOOD replacement, but this works just fine in the mean time.

It even washes pretty well. I noticed when I was wetting it that it retains a LOT of powder in the center of the brush base. I guess if you spread it out more than I do, you might get better coverage. But, once soaped up, it also retains the soap in the center of the brush-- make sure you thoroughly rinse.

It dries REALLY quickly. I could have used it after about 20 minutes, letting it air dry. By the time I got the other 4 brushes I was washing, I noticed that it was almost dry after a quick towel rub. I put my blow dryer on it (on cold) for a little bit and then let it air-dry on a towel.

I rate the packaging a 3 because it is difficult to get out of the package without breaking/bending bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Ecotools brushes, and this is no exception. The bristles are super soft, and don't irritate my sensitive skin. This applies powder, blush, or bronzer evenly onto my skin. This brush was also really affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Before purchasing this brush, I had the retractable kabuki. I noticed the bristles weren't as dense as the kabuki. And because the brush was encased in a small ziploc-like package (note the picture) for some time, it made the brush flat. I was hoping it would maybe poof up as a nice fluffy brush overnight, but it did not. As a result, this brush failed to pick up my loose powders (considering its strangely flat shape, I didn't bother trying it on compact powder). It does make a perfect brush for light blush application; that's basically it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by redvelvet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

How soft is this brush! I actually enjoy using this to set my foundation with powder. I've only used it with MAC pressed powders but it picks up product amazingly and distributes it evenly. It was a tough decision between this and Quo when I went to Shoppers. So glad I picked this! PS. I love the clothy, reusable packaging it comes in. Definitely makes it easy to travel with instead of sweeping up dirt from my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by SockDrawerDemon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love Ecotools, never had a bad brush from them. This is really great for putting a light covering of powder, to matify your face or set your foundation without getting cakey. Easy to clean, nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. It works as nicely as much more expensive powder brushes I've had in the past. I can't give it a five because it loses some of it's softness as it gets washed, but otherwise it works very well. I like the packaging, I love that it is cruelty-free and also ecologically responsible. I might just repurchase a new one when this one gets too stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by RiceBom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't think I needed a powder brush until I bought this to be honest. I used to use spare blush brushes but finally just gave in and bought this darn brush and I'm really glad I did.
Pros:
-extremely soft
-quite affordable at around $12 CDN
-washed it many times now, hasn't shed or bled ink once
Cons:
-I'm honestly being picky here but the 'reusable' packaging really isn't that reusable.

I usually use this with my physicians formula talc free mineral wear powder to set my foundation and it does a great job.It gives a nice light dusting of powder to set makeup and never scratches or irritates my sensitive combination skin. However, I would NOT reccommend this for mineral makeup however as it's not dense enough to buff mineral foundation in. All in all, it's great at what it's advertised to do and I would highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone.