April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:59:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a small-ish face, and my cheekbones aren't very prominent so when i apply blush, i like bring precise. I feel this brush is too big for my face for blush, but it's perfect for powdering, especially for my small face. I don't powder everywhere - only places I get oily, and over where I want to apply other powder products over my foundation. And I don't like when I powder around the hairline and I imagine the powder getting all over my hair because the brush is too big and bristles splay.
I don't know how well it'd pick up loose powder, but I find brush works very well with pressed powders. The product transfers well, unlike with many natural-haired brushes.

This brush is super soft. It could have more give, but is much better than some of the other brushes I use to powder where i just feel it's taking product off my face while I swipe over my face.
It being cheap and environmentally-friendly will definitely keep people buying them.
I'm curious about the "new improved" shape some people have written about here. I'm currently using the Sigma equivalent of the MAC 109 for blush, which I love, but I want to be able to use it for contouring. My ideal blush brush would be the MAC 116 or the Shu Uemura blush brush and Suqqu cheek brush (but obtaining that is far from my reality). But they both use natural hairs.
Would just be great if ecotools made a brush of similar shape and size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! They are super soft and apply any product very well. And a bonus they aren't expensive. Will repurchase if anything ever happens to them

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by 2unknownhaven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
cruelty free
soft bristles
applies blush smoothly

Cons:
none so far

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush last week, for no major reason really but I fancied a change from my usual MAC 116 brush. I have a rounded, slightly heart-shaped face with chubby cheeks so I need a blush brush that applies colour to the apples of my cheeks only otherwise I end up looking like a clown! The MAC 116 has done that pretty much perfectly for the last year but due to its small size, the application can sometimes be TOO precise, meaning that with certain blushes, ie. BeneFit Dandelion, I can get a slightly harsh line where my blush begins instead of a natural fade-in. I felt this was perhaps due to the hardness of the bristles on the 116 and maybe I should try something slightly softer and a teeny bit larger. I didn't want to fork out for another MAC in case it didn't do the job so I decided to try this as I'd read the reviews and the price was more than affordable. I tried it yesterday and I already know now that my 116 will become my spare brush as I much prefer this one! I wouldn't say it's more superior than the 116 but for me, it's better for my face shape and for the kind of finish I want on my cheeks. Regardless of whether I'm wearing something very natural, like Dandelion, or something more noticeable like Coralista or Nars Orgasm, I do not like any harsh lines. I'm certainly no fan of contouring, I don't have cheekbones full-stop so I see no point in trying to fake them! My false eyelashes are pretty much all I do where fakeness is concerned! I like a flush to my cheeks, like a natural blush, and this brush does the job perfectly. I no longer have any harsh lines and this really does make the job effortless. I have recently purchased the new BeneFit Hervana blush and whilst still a natural colour, it requires a little more care when applying than Dandelion as it is more pigmented. I was really struggling to get a good finish when applying Hervana with the 116 but with this brush, it's literally the most perfect and natural flush I have ever managed to achieve. I think I will repurchase this brush again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to face brush; I use it for foundation, powder, and blush. I find that it doesn't work well with concealers and cream products, but it works wonderfully with liquids and powders. Great price, great quality. I've been using it for over a year now, and it shows no sign of falling apart. Whenever it does, I'll run out and get a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush. Originally I bought it to apply blush and while I like it for a light application of blush I found my favorite use for it... I use this brush to apply my loose powder. Whereas some people may use the Sigma F80 or ELF Flat Top brush to stipple (or push in) their powders (though I know alot use these for applying foundation but I used it for applying my powder) I use this brush to apply my loose powder by not pushing into the skin with the pointed tip of brush BUT pushing in the powder with the flat side of the brush. This brush is so soft (and dense), making the bristles splay to get the job done very well. If you still have the brush and didnt quite like it for applying blush then I would highly recommend trying it to apply powder in the way I explained.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetnlow30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Eco Tools brushes! The are my go-to brushes for daily use. My set is three years old and it still looks great. I gave this brush four lippies because I do find it to be a little too wide for blush so I use a smaller E. L.F brush. I still use this one for bronzer and powder every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Great brush, really soft and dense. Hasn't shed a hair. Excellent for the price but I prefer the Real techniques blush brush so I don't use this every day any more. I would definitely repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush brush and find it very versatile. It's angled in such a way that I can use it for bronzer/shader and as a blush applicator. It is soft, resilient and has not shed a single hair! It also cleans easily and well. I wish with all my heart that eco tools would increase its range of brushes - because buying eco friendly, quality products will always be my priority.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great blush brush! It is really really soft and picks up just the right amount of product. I think the price is what makes this brush even better! Great quality at an amazing price.