April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Posietint

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very pretty and natural tint, and a versatile shade that goes well with a lot of colours. This is a creamier formulation than the Benetint, which gives you a little bit more working time on the skin and doesn't feel quite so dry on the lips. You do still need to blend it quite quickly though. The bottle features a twist off cap which houses a small brush, much like a nail polish bottle. I dab or stroke along my cheeks, quickly put the brush back in the bottle, but only to rest it there, blend out the product, and then once that is done, I twist the lid back on and close the bottle properly. Otherwise I apply with one hand, and blend with the other, without putting the brush down, or I apply holding the brush between thumb and forefingers, and blend out with middle or ring fingers without putting the brush back down. If you blend it while it's still creamy, it blends very nicely and doesn't give harsh lines, which gives a more natural flushed look than an obvious "I'm wearing blush" look.

It's a flattering shade for cheeks, works beautifully for pale complexions, and gives a barely flushed pale rose tint (and doesn't look anywhere as bright a pink as it looks in the bottle, once blended it's a lot more subtle).

I find the creamier consistency and pale shade means I don't quite use this all that much as a lip tint as it wears very pale on my lips with the initial application. I do find I can intensify the colour quite a bit if I layer it by applying a little bit, dab and smooth over until it's no longer wet, and add more layers as needed to build up the colour, though it is time consuming and is a lot easier to just reach for a lipstick. Its thin consistency means you won't be able to do one heavy coat, but will need to work up the colour. Also, when working up the colour, take care not to blend it out past the lip line as it is quite thin until it dries. I do like it as a base for pink lipsticks, just to help prolong the colour a little. Once it has dried, it's soft but can be a little sticky and slightly dry, especially with multiple coats.

For cheek use, it really does stay put all day, for lip use it is a little less longer wearing as it does gradually wear away with talking, eating, drinking and such. There's not much texture to it either once it's dry, so if you are looking to add colour to your face without it being obvious that you're wearing make up, this would be ideal.

I've taken marks off for the packaging quality on account of the brush applicator design, which doesn't encourage quick blending as you need to do something with the brush, and quickly, in order to blend it out well. A small squeeze tube, or even a padded applicator fixed to the top of the tube (such as the their Girl Meets Pearl packaging) would be ideal for this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of this product at all. I seem to have the same problem with all of the BeneFit 'tints' and 'beams' I have tried. This product disappointed me the most because the colour was just so pretty!

PROS
* Colour is gorgeous
* Packaging is nice and easy to use with a nail polish-like applicator
* Good for travelling and touch ups as you can use your fingers (don't have to use a brush)
*Multi-purpose. Can be used on cheeks and on the lips
*Very long lasting and hydrating on the skin
*Gives you a nice, natural flush
*Will last you a long time

CONS:
*Impossible to blend out! This goes back to the point I made about this being very long lasting. It sets almost immediately, which is good cause it makes it last long, but makes it such a pain to blend. Eg: I dot this on one of my cheeks, and by the time I close the bottle, which takes all of 3 seconds, the tint has set, meaning when I try to blend it out, it leaves dots (where I dotted it in the 1st place) Those dots never blend out and are clearly darker and more visible then the rest of the tint (looks very patchy on the skin, horrible!) Even if I blend immediately after applying it to my skin, it's still patchy. Nothing I have tried to make it look even has worked!
*Colour is so sheer (I understand that it's a tint), but it takes so much of this product for it to look like anything really on my skin, and I'm an NC20 by MAC.
*I don't think this will show up on anyone with deep skintones
*Sticky while you're trying to blend it (although when it dries it's no longer sticky, it's kind of annoying to blend it with your fingers and doesn't feel nice)
*Very expensive in Australia (over $50)

Even though I listed more pros than cons, the cons outweigh the pros for me. The fact that it turns out patchy and splotchy on my skin, even if I blend it in lightening fast speed, outweighs ANY pros that this product has. Cheeks with patchy, splotchy blush look horrible!
Definitely won't repurchase!
I can't imagine how anyone would be able to use this, maybe just on your lips. I think a lot of people who love this product, if they step out and look at their face in the sunlight, will notice the patchiness.
Gave it 2 lippies for the pros, mainly the colour as it is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

pretty pink pop of colour for the cheeks, i like this in winter, it looks like a healthy flush. easier to blend than cha cha.
Im nc15 and i love it on my skin, lasts all day, stains your hand! haha. I use a mac 128 or 187 to stipple it on and blend out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this in the "feelin dandy" kit and it does perk you up! Pretty cotton candy flush. Looks so pretty on my pale skin and does give a pop of color. If you have any sort of acne on your cheeks do not use. It will make them a dark pink for awhile bc this does stain. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't blend perfectly. The packaging is cute but I wish it had a different consistency. Anyways! After you put this on (three large dots across your cheek) blend them QUICKLY. Otherwise it will leave those 3 dots much darker than the rest of your cheeks. Overall more flattering on lighter girls that the other tints. I use this with minimal other makeup to make my cheeks pop, but dandelion on a daily basis as its more subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by chesso

Very expensive but worth it.
Applying it takes a little bit of getting used to as it dries relatively quick and stains so you have to get it right where you want to apply it.
Perfect pink colour, lasts all day and night whilst looking like a natural blush.
Lasted me nearly a year and i used it most days.
works just as well as a lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I nabbed this in a little mini size from my sister's stash. It gives my lips a flushed pinky tinge that works well with my fair complexion. It is a bit drying so I like to keep a lipbalm handy to put on top. Although I've given it a 4 I probably wouldn't go out and buy the full size simply because it's way too expensive for me right now. I'll just enjoy the dinky sized version until it's finished!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Posietint is my favorite color in the Benetint line. This is a very sweet, cotton candy pink cheek and lip stain. Posietint only shows up on my paler winter complexion. It's too light to notice on my slightly deeper summer complexion. That being said, I like the subtleness of this product. It really looks very natural and blends better than Benetint or Cha-ChaTint. I love this color on my lips too. The staying power isn't nearly as good on the lips but it is the only Benefit stain that doesn't dry my lips out. I only wish Benefit would lose the lame nailpolish-like brush. A sponge-tip applicator would make a world of difference. But I still love my Posietint and will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just. Don't. Unless you are applying at the local circus. Please. Do yourself a favor. If you want misses piggy pink stained the eff all over your cheek for the rest of the day, go right ahead and blow 30 dollars on this garbage. Not cute...unless it's the look your going for then more power to you I'm not judging, just not the look I'm going for most days..maybe halloween..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by electropop3545

Does get a little gloopy on the bottle after a few uses. But I like the colour. No delicious rosy smell like benetint sadly :( Again this does dry the lips like bentint but layer a vaseline right over it and you're good to go. The colour doesn't show up as much as I'd like it to but on the lips, very cute light pink colour. I would repurchase because I love tints and this is better than most I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products I'll always repurchase as it goes so well with my skin tone. It's a lovely light pink colour and is easily blendable on the cheeks, I particularly love layering it up as a lip stain though, it stays put all day and is very summery and pretty. I just wish they'd find a better way to package it than these stupid nail polish pots everything from benefit seems to be in.