October 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Posietint

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Aphelion123

I love this product and with continue to buy it until I stumble across something better by accident as I'm not looking.

It stays in place all day, looks amazing with pale skin tones, lasts really well, can be used very precisely with the applicator brush to color and highlight specific areas on the cheek bones and the apples of the cheeks. The color can be as discreet or obvious as you want it to be as you can build up the color, it also dries very fast.

Cons:

- It does dry very fast but is also very drying in general, for example, I like to use it on my lips but it does dry them out so much! I use some Vaseline over the top to combat the dryness and keep applying this when I don't want the dryness, you could also use a wet look general, clear lip gloss over it to which has a really nice effect but when worn on it own as non shine tint, which looks best for me, it is dry.

- My mother in law tried to use it but she has a small scar/area of white pigment on her lip and it will not cover that so she can't use it.

- it dries and stains very quickly so it is possible to get a patchy/blotchy look if not applied fast enough or correctly so its best to blot the stain with the finger but it then stains your finger.

- If you rub instead of blotting it will rub off any make up underneath.

This will stay in my make up bag for a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to daily blush. I can't wear most powder blushes because my skin is very clog-prone and most of them break me out with daily use. I do much better with tints as they usually have very few ingredients. I first tried the red kind of tints but I could never get the color to work for me. I have fair skin with neutral undertones. Even though my skin is even toned and I don't have any break-outs, the red tints (like benetint, but I tried several others too) always made my cheeks just look irritated instead of giving me that nice rosy flush.
I was always put off by the bright pink color of posietint, thinking it would be too cool toned for me. But since the red ones never worked for me, I decided to give it a try and it was perfect! In the bottle it looks very bright and cool toned, but when applied it's more like a soft coral pink on me. It's not warm but also not that cool. Neutral probably. I think it's less cool than those red tints. Either way, it does not clash with my skin tone at all and it finally gives me that naturally flushed and fresh color. It also goes fine with the rest of my make-up which is usually more warm. I guess this is just a very natural blush color.
I think I am one of the few people who doesn't have a problem with the packaging or application. I just put a few dots of this on my cheek and blend it with my fingers. It's never uneven. I do work per cheek though, if I wait too long it will get uneven. I apply this after my skincare and before or after my powder (I don't wear foundation).
Overall I really like this product as a blush. It's a very natural looking color that doesn't break me out and it stays put all day. I will repurchase if I run out. Don't be put off by the bright cool color, it does not come out as bright or cool. Not on me at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Best natural glow blush ever. No glitter. A tiny bit is all you need. A super tiny bit on your finger with circular motion to your cheekbone ONLY and you have a shiny luminosity all day. I'm pretty much a cheapskate beauty product hold out but this is one exception! Just love this. Received as a trial size in a gift package years ago and just recently bought the full size version. Yes the tiny trial size lasted me years because a little bit goes a long way. It has worked when tanned in the summer ( surprisingly) and still works going into winter. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bonjourdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

$28, but lasts FOREVER. For those who have trouble blending or getting it to show up, use a brush!! It makes all the difference for me- when I dab it on with my fingers, it doesn't really show up, but when I put the tiniest (and I mean tiny, like less than a drop) on a brush and swirl it on my cheeks, it becomes crazy pigmented. I have no idea why that happens (perhaps the color ends up staining more of the fingers instead? hm), and I'm not particularly pale either, but I don't really care because it leaves such a bright, lovely, NATURAL flush. So pretty. Love it on my lips too. Lasts all day on cheeks, and the staying power for lips isn't so bad. But like everyone else said, packaging kinda sucks. It's so pretty but sadly it flakes off everywhere. Also do not know how I will get the remaining product out of the bottle when I reach the end of it, but I will deal with that when it happens- I've had mine for more than a year and still have a ton of uses left.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rizfav

I read about posietint on net and was pretty impressed with it.So when i went to a local drugstore, i got one.It is a bit expensive but i guess it'l last me long enough!
ive been using this tint for a week now and i find it pretty good.i mainly use it on lips and it delivers a nice flushed colour which give the effect of bitten-lip which i so love.
but the problem that i have with this tint is that the colour gets dim after sometime and u have to apply again and again especially after eating/drinking=(
also the tint stings a bit(only for a few seconds) if u have chapped lips=(
i havnt used it as a blush yet but i hope it wont disappoint me.
overall its a nice product and i would like to try it out in different shades
*ciao*

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wish Benefit made Benetint with the same texture as Posietint. The gel-like formula is soooo much easier to work with - it doest drip, it takes longer to dry so i acctually have time to blend it into my cheeks, the tint is sheer and looks natural on my face and there is no offensive fragrance to worry about :)
BUT - yes there is always a BUT with me lol Why did Benefit have to use the flaky foil on the Posietint bottle? Its a mess - the glitter-like flakes get all over everything in the makeup bag, on my hands which inevitably transfer the sparkles to my face...I hate it with a passion and i am not usually too picky with my packaging but this one just plain annoys me!!!
But the girly pink glow won me over so chances are i would buy it again..glitter mess be damned!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Posie Tint is a "poppy pink tinted lip and cheek stain that will let you paint the town pink". Benefit says that this "kiss of poppy pink brightens cheeks and lips." The "liquid gel formula blends to just picked perfection on all complexions and lasts for hours." I got a deluxe sample of Posie Tint in the Ulta exclusive "Sexy Six" kit which sold for $24. The full 12.5ml (.42fl oz) bottle of Posie Tint retails for $29. My mini size contains 4ml (.13fl oz) and has a value of about $9. This multi-use product was made in France. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, at Sephora and Ulta and their websites, as well as department stores with Benefit counters.
Posie Tint comes in a mirrored, round, pink plastic bottle topped off with a white cap. The name of the product is written in white lettering, partially overlapping a bright pink sixties looking flower. A brief product description can be found on the back of the bottle. Unscrewing the white cap reveals a stiff brush style applicator. I like this applicator for this product, it's good for painting product onto the lips and is also useful for dotting product on the cheeks. Hurray for cute and functional packaging. Not particularly hygienic but that's not much of a concern for me, personally.
Application for the lips is different, but easy. Posie Tint is pretty liquidy and thin. I apply it to the lips as if I were painting it on. Long, soft strokes. I then purse my lips together, and adjust the product a bit with a finger tip if I need to. Luckily this is a stain, because Posie Tint isn't really good for quick on the go touch ups. Posie Tint barely shows up on my fairly pigmented lips, it adds a sheer and natural, flirty light pink tint. It dries down to an almost matte finish. This lip stain feels a little tingly on the lips when first applied but that feeling quickly goes away. Posie Tint is surprisingly non drying. This lip tint would probably look lovely on someone with paler lips, but on someone with naturally pink lips, it's just too sheer. I get about 3 to 4 hours of wear from this lip tint.
I apply about five dots of Posie Tint on the apples of my cheeks, then blend in with my fingers. Posie Tint is a little tricky to work with, you must blend it in immediately after application, this stain dries that fast. This product must be applied before any powder products or else it will grab the powder and apply in a patchy, unnatural, and unattractive way. This cheek stain, when applied and blended correctly gives a natural looking blush. Posie Tint really lasts on the cheeks! I get more than all day wear from it, it stays on even after I wash my face. I'm pretty sure this is one of those stains that just has to fade on it's own, it can't be removed any other way. I guess that's the definition of a stain though, at least cosmetically speaking. The wear time is downright impressive.
You know what I forgot to do? Describe the color of Posie Tint. Woops. Not like that's one of the most important parts of the review. Last time I checked, poppies are usually orange or red. I'm no horticulturalist, but this is a fact I'm pretty sure of. Are posies even a real type of flower? Anyway, Benefit's Posie Tint is a bright, warm, yellowed, Barbie bubble gum pink. This is a super girly color that looks especially charming on the cheeks. Posie Tint might seem a little intimidating at first, but it's quite sheer and can be as subtle or intense as you want it to be, depending on how much or little you apply and how quickly you blend it out.
Benefit's Posie Tint is a very cute, girly bright pink lip and cheek stain. I feel like this is a generally flattering color, but it might be a little too much for the ultra pale, and might not show up super well on those with the darkest skin. Lip application is fairly easy but inconvenient, if you're looking for something quite to put on don't even consider any of Benefit's lip/cheek tints. The color won't show up much if you have pigmented lips. It does wear pretty well though. I much prefer to wear Posie Tint on my cheeks, the color is cute and it wears forever! Application can be a bit of a pain though. Benefit's Posie Tint is a good product, but honestly it's my least favorite product I've tried from this high end brand, mainly because its a lot of effort to apply. I hate effort. Posie Tint is a good lip and cheek stain, but it's just not for me. I recommend it if you don't mind working a bit more with a product, or if you enjoy liquid lip and cheek tints, but if you're more into practicality, skip it. As always I recommend trying Benefit's products via value kits before taking the plunge and investing in one of their pricey full size products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very pretty and natural tint, and a versatile shade that goes well with a lot of colours. This is a creamier formulation than the Benetint, which gives you a little bit more working time on the skin and doesn't feel quite so dry on the lips. You do still need to blend it quite quickly though. The bottle features a twist off cap which houses a small brush, much like a nail polish bottle. I dab or stroke along my cheeks, quickly put the brush back in the bottle, but only to rest it there, blend out the product, and then once that is done, I twist the lid back on and close the bottle properly. Otherwise I apply with one hand, and blend with the other, without putting the brush down, or I apply holding the brush between thumb and forefingers, and blend out with middle or ring fingers without putting the brush back down. If you blend it while it's still creamy, it blends very nicely and doesn't give harsh lines, which gives a more natural flushed look than an obvious "I'm wearing blush" look.

It's a flattering shade for cheeks, works beautifully for pale complexions, and gives a barely flushed pale rose tint (and doesn't look anywhere as bright a pink as it looks in the bottle, once blended it's a lot more subtle).

I find the creamier consistency and pale shade means I don't quite use this all that much as a lip tint as it wears very pale on my lips with the initial application. I do find I can intensify the colour quite a bit if I layer it by applying a little bit, dab and smooth over until it's no longer wet, and add more layers as needed to build up the colour, though it is time consuming and is a lot easier to just reach for a lipstick. Its thin consistency means you won't be able to do one heavy coat, but will need to work up the colour. Also, when working up the colour, take care not to blend it out past the lip line as it is quite thin until it dries. I do like it as a base for pink lipsticks, just to help prolong the colour a little. Once it has dried, it's soft but can be a little sticky and slightly dry, especially with multiple coats.

For cheek use, it really does stay put all day, for lip use it is a little less longer wearing as it does gradually wear away with talking, eating, drinking and such. There's not much texture to it either once it's dry, so if you are looking to add colour to your face without it being obvious that you're wearing make up, this would be ideal.

I've taken marks off for the packaging quality on account of the brush applicator design, which doesn't encourage quick blending as you need to do something with the brush, and quickly, in order to blend it out well. A small squeeze tube, or even a padded applicator fixed to the top of the tube (such as the their Girl Meets Pearl packaging) would be ideal for this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan of this product at all. I seem to have the same problem with all of the BeneFit 'tints' and 'beams' I have tried. This product disappointed me the most because the colour was just so pretty!

PROS
* Colour is gorgeous
* Packaging is nice and easy to use with a nail polish-like applicator
* Good for travelling and touch ups as you can use your fingers (don't have to use a brush)
*Multi-purpose. Can be used on cheeks and on the lips
*Very long lasting and hydrating on the skin
*Gives you a nice, natural flush
*Will last you a long time

CONS:
*Impossible to blend out! This goes back to the point I made about this being very long lasting. It sets almost immediately, which is good cause it makes it last long, but makes it such a pain to blend. Eg: I dot this on one of my cheeks, and by the time I close the bottle, which takes all of 3 seconds, the tint has set, meaning when I try to blend it out, it leaves dots (where I dotted it in the 1st place) Those dots never blend out and are clearly darker and more visible then the rest of the tint (looks very patchy on the skin, horrible!) Even if I blend immediately after applying it to my skin, it's still patchy. Nothing I have tried to make it look even has worked!
*Colour is so sheer (I understand that it's a tint), but it takes so much of this product for it to look like anything really on my skin, and I'm an NC20 by MAC.
*I don't think this will show up on anyone with deep skintones
*Sticky while you're trying to blend it (although when it dries it's no longer sticky, it's kind of annoying to blend it with your fingers and doesn't feel nice)
*Very expensive in Australia (over $50)

Even though I listed more pros than cons, the cons outweigh the pros for me. The fact that it turns out patchy and splotchy on my skin, even if I blend it in lightening fast speed, outweighs ANY pros that this product has. Cheeks with patchy, splotchy blush look horrible!
Definitely won't repurchase!
I can't imagine how anyone would be able to use this, maybe just on your lips. I think a lot of people who love this product, if they step out and look at their face in the sunlight, will notice the patchiness.
Gave it 2 lippies for the pros, mainly the colour as it is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

pretty pink pop of colour for the cheeks, i like this in winter, it looks like a healthy flush. easier to blend than cha cha.
Im nc15 and i love it on my skin, lasts all day, stains your hand! haha. I use a mac 128 or 187 to stipple it on and blend out.