Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Trusted the beaut Sephora lady wearing this. Glad it works for her... Although, I have no idea HOW.
Returned as soon as I saw horrible results and allergic reaction. This did NOT hold up in hot weather like Orlando throughout the day whatsoever. Completely melted and dried all screwed up on my face. When I would sweat, the foundation would move around and then re-dry in random places- completely clumpy and blotchy.
It also broke me out completely. Still recovering from the break out. Overall, do not recommend this at all. Even my mom tried this out and it doesn't do anything special for her. Just ordinary foundation for those of you who aren't in hot weather ever or do not have sensitive skin.
Not recommended for long lengths of time- especially in hot weather or for people with sensitive skin.

Basically, when it comes down to it, it's not worth it. Not even worth the try. I'm so sorry- I wanted to love this too. :(

on 4/14/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is actually a great foundation, in my opinion, minus one little flaw, it's OILY.

PROS:
Coverage - I love the coverage on this. It's only medium coverage (I prefer medium-full) but it's awesome because it actually hides my enormous pores, which no other foundation has ever done. It's also pretty buildable, and because it's not a dry/matte sort of foundation, it won't ever get cakey, even if you want to touch up with concealer.
Feel - I don't really know how to describe this, so I'm just gonna say it like this: this foundation feels super-light on the skin, but not so much that you don't really that it's there... in a good way? I sometimes feel like if I don't know I have foundation on I'll rub or scratch my face and the makeup will come right off (it happens with eyeliner and lipstick). This prevents that while still being comfortable to wear.
Doesn't Break Me Out - I have horribly acne-prone skin. I can get a pimple just by thinking about it. This foundation is one of the few that don't clog my pores or enlarge them.
Finish - When you just put this on (and I mean, RIGHT after you've put it on), this looks amazing. My skin looks flawless and radiant, almost natural (it's pretty hard for anything to look natural on me TBH). I just wish it stayed that way all day.
Shade Match - This is the ONLY foundation EVER to suit me PERFECTLY. I think it may be that it has such a wide range of shades (it even offers shades for deeper skintones, FINALLY). I use 123 Desert.

CONS:
Lasting Power - If you have oily/combo skin like me, this might not work for you. I take the stairs up to my apartment, and with this on, I'm an oily mess after six flights. Even if I don't take the stairs, it gets oily after about 4 hours, and I really am not a fan of touching up or blotting. If you do have my sort of skin type, I would recommend a good oil-controlling primer. If you have dry skin, BUY THIS, it would look beautiful on you.
Tested on Animals - At least as far as I know. This is a deal-breaker for me, and that's why I wouldn't repurchase.

Overall, while it is pricey, I think this foundation is pretty good. If you're on the fence about this, grab a sample from Sephora.and try it out. For reference, I'm something like NC30-35 (I would use a mixture of both if I ever cared to use MAC products).

I heard so much hype about this foundation being a really good one and it having a blur technology so I bit the bullet and splurged. First of all the color matches me perfect, I am in the shade 118 Flesh. The finish it not fully matte, its more like a satin finish. I have normal to dry skin. This foundation clings to my dry areas on my face!!! The coverage is medium but very buildable. I am disappointed with this foundation simply because I am more of a full coverage girl and not a fan of it clinging to my dry areas on my face!! I tried moisturizing days and even the day of that I put it on but it still clings to those areas!! I do not recommend this if you have dry skin!!

I really like this foundation. The coverage was on the heavy side but sometimes I need it. I wish it was cheaper cause i'd use it all the time. Packaging was no good though

on 4/12/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my first bottle which lasted me longer than any foundation I have ever had (bought in December, just finished now) I definitely liked this a lot, looks very natural and the colour was an identical match. Only issue I had with this was that it was basically gone by the time came home because of all the blotting I do through out the day. Other than that it's a great foundation to try and I even got my mom hooked on it!

on 4/9/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about over a month and I'm in love. First off, let my describe my skin. I have fair-medium (almost medium) skin with olive undertones. I have oily acne-prone skin and also have some redness and acne scarring. I was color matched perfectly at Sephora to shade #123 Desert which is a light with olive undertones.

1. Color selection
The color selection caters to literally everyone. Before I could never find the right shade for my skin & I finally have with this foundation. After raving about it so much, I made my mom test this foundation out too. Though she wasn't crazy about it since her skin is different than mine, she said no other foundation could match her skin as well as this.

2. Coverage
Having acne-prone skin, reoccurring pimples/whiteheads/blackheads, & acne scars, I look for foundations that give medium-full if not medium-buildable coverage. This foundation for me is medium-buildable; a good medium but not exactly full. It covers very well but every here and there some of my acne scars (dark spots) show through. For reference, I use half a pump to a full pump for my whole face. Everyday, I usually only use half.

3. Finish
I would definitely say the finish is Demi-matte which I love. I have oily skin but I also love a dewy finish. When I say dewy I mean like luminous not like slick with oil. Immediately after application, my skin has a very soft glow (I use L'Oreal MAGIC Lumi primer on high points of my face & smashbox photoready (clear one) everywhere else). A couple hours (2) in the foundation really settles and my oil starts to peak through a bit, giving my face a really nice glow. NOTE: I have not applied any powder at this point. At about 6 hours my skin gets slick-like and I apply Stay Matte Rimmel Powder (Silky Beige) and my skin looks great again.

4. No breakouts!
I have very acne-prone skin. Not so much cystic but lots of little whiteheads that sometimes grow into massive under-the-skin pimples. I am very careful about what I put on my face & I have had my fair share of foundations that break me out. Let me give you a list of a few: ALL Chanel foundations, Clinique Stay Matte, Clinique Acne Solutions, Maybelline BB Cream, Rimmel long-wearing (blue cap?). MUFE HD however has not broken me out!!! It's perfect. I wear my makeup literally all day (6 AM-10PM) and I don't break out from the makeup itself.

Tips: The formula is slightly thick so I like to use it with my RealTechniques expert face brush. Really blends everything in perfectly.

If you have any other questions about my experience with this foundation, let me know!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

SA matched me with shade #128. I have red undertones on certain areas of my face, and shade #128 highlighted those areas. Finish looked blotchy. Just now looked at Sephora's website and spotted shade #140, which I think would have been a better match.

Shade mismatch aside, HD fdtn didn't provide the hydration my dry, mature skin needs. My face felt tight and dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation looks amazing in phtographs..It almost looks like your skin is photoshopped, it has an incredible blur-effect..but I don't think that this is full coverage..I guess you could build it up but it won't look so good anymore. One point that I love in Make Up For Ever is that they have a color for every skin tone! I always had difficulties finding the right shade for me. The foundation were either top yellow or too orange/pink. So when I tried this foundation I was blown away. It was EXACTLY my skintone!! PRO: -looks amazing in photos - is very light-weight - looks super natural -didn't break out my skin - perfect match for everyone. CON; - isn't full coverage - won't keep oily skin "under control"

on 4/3/2015 9:28:00 PM

For my fair skin, the N115 works brilliantly. It is full coverage, lasts all day, and covers most imperfections. It doesn't leave a shiny cast, but also isn't drying. Works best with a primer.
One of my HG foundations.

on 3/29/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Oily acne prone skin living in tropical country, NC 30-35, MUFE HD shade 123 perfect match. Other foundations: Maybelline Fit Me 220 (A little bit too dark), L'Oreal True Match G3.

How did I wait so long to buy this? It has the perfect consistency (not too liquidy), coverage and shade! The only foundation that did not melt in this tropical climate! Also, the first SA that got the perfect match for me. Asked a friend who is NC30, and she said she uses 127, so I went to the store trying out 127 and it was too beige, so the SA suggested 123 AND IT WAS PERFECT! Love this! HG forever!