November 22, 2014 | 1516 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by IntDesignerGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product for two reasons: to exfoliate my skin and prevent the appearance of fine lines. This scrub is gentle enough to use daily, but I cannot say the same thing for the apricot scrub. There has been noticable difference in both the texture and appearance of my skin. Blackheads are diminishing, especially around my nose and my complexion has improved overall.
    I will definately continue to use this product and recommend it to anyone with problem skin who at the same time wants to prevent fine lines from appearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by searchanddestroy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic face wash. It is perfectly fine to be used daily because it isn't overly abrasive and lathers up nicely with water. I have the occasional break out and this wash has kept them at bay. It has also kept my skin soft and smooth.
    I have recommended it to my 60 yr old mother, and she too has enjoyed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

This was an awesome product, it gently exfoliates my skin, doesnt break me out, makes my skin feel soft and has a healthy glow afterwards. I have sensitive skin, this did not irratate my skin what so ever (which most scrubs do) I absolutely love this product and it smells great too :]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 6:24:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

This is my HG of exfoliators. I have oily sensitive skin with an occasional beakout. I used to ude Caudaile grape seed exfoliator but it is a lil pricey. I heard raves about the apricot scrub by St Ives but when i went to get it, noticed it was so grainey and harsh. I say this product next to it and thought "why not"..and i am SOOOO glad i made that decision. I have been using it now for three months and it is so super gentle and really does a good job. I use twice a week. Dont be fooled by the "little grains" as i read someone posted. HELLO, you are not trying to sandblast your skin away people!! lol....just get rid of dead skin cells.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I got this product pretty much because it said microdermabrasion on the product. Well, the beads in this product don't exfoliate enough. They are way to gentle that i really don't feel my skin any smoother or softer. If you have super sensitive skin and find most other scrubs to harsh then i definitely recommend this for you. But otherwise it just wont do anything

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pretty sure I was going to love this, but it clogged my pores and made me break out pretty bad. The big reason I hate this scrub is that it's very hard to get all of the little beads off of your skin, which means I had the painful experience of getting them in my eyes every single time I used it (they would be stuck to my face all over the place and fall down into my eyes as the day progressed). It was almost impossible to get out of my hairline as well so it was either don't exfoliate my temples and forehead, or walk around looking like I had dandruff all day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by kusanagigirl

I have oily, acne-prone skin with uneven skin tone and red blotchiness. I'm also getting older so I've noticed larger pores and fine lines starting to make a home for themselves under my eyes and on and around my nose. When I saw this product, I thought I might as well give it a shot. St. Ives has always done me good, even if their other scrubs are harsher on my skin.

I'll list my results first, then go into details later. Results: 1) minimized size of pores and fine lines on my face, 2) was drying to the skin after using it in the shower, but easily solved by proper skin care, i.e. toner, moisturizer, etc., 3) smoothed and softened my skin, 4) improved the appearance of my skin tone, and 5) if used before bed, I did wake up with oilier skin the next morning, but 6) after doing my morning cleansing with warm water and towel, my skin had a just-had-a-facial glow the entire day and for the next 2-3 days.

I've gone through a tube of this product already. Like other reviewers have said, the smell is pleasant and not overbearing. There are a lot of fine crystalline particles in the gel and a little definitely goes a long way. I would buy this product again. The only reason I haven't is that I wanted to try out another St. Ives product.

This particular product was tough on my eyes. After washing all the product off my face, there would still be 1 or 2 particles hanging around my eyelash/waterline. It wasn't so bad on my eyeball, but if I didn't look carefully and put my contacts in, then...pain and tears.

When I first bought the product, I used it twice a week. After seeing such great results with the just-had-a-facial glow, I used it every night in the shower before bed. This new cleansing regimen lasted 2 or 3 weeks because I started to feel the sting of the scrub, so I relaxed the cleansing to every other day. This worked on my skin and left me with clean, soft, and glowing skin.

I'm not sure if this product is particularly helpful for acne-prone skin. I wasn't suffering from as much acne as I am now when I first used this product (I have a much more stressful job now that is literally making me lose sleep - a recipe for disaster). The reason I want to go back to this product again is to see if it will be helpful for acne, more specifically for reducing the frequency of my breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this gel on my face, but moved on to a glycolic acid peel that works better for me. This is still a great product, just not right for my complexion. However.. I swear by this gel for my manicure. It is exceptional as a scrub for my hands, to keep lines and discoloration at bay. I good moisturizing hand wash and then this scrub keeps my paws youthful looking and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by AutBot3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this scrub. It has fine particles and smells good. I use a circular brush thing from Sally's Beauty Supply to scrub it into my skin relatively lightly. It kind of foams up which also feels nice. Leaves my skin very smooth and doesn't seem harsh or scratchy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Ayustar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub, it is really gentle. I picked it up because I liked the packaging and I was looking for a new and more gentle scrub. I use it every other day, I use it along with The Body Shop tea tree oil cleanser, it is really awesome! You only need a tiny bit of the product and it isn't very expensive. It doesn't smell bad either, which is always a plus! I will buy this again!