Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush

4.3

on 8/24/2010 11:02:00 AM

I have been using this for about 2 years now. I actually like it better than my MAC 187, except for one crucial point: IT SHEDS LIKE CRAZY! Ugh, it makes me nuts, because it applies my foundation so beautifully (I stiple and use either liquid or, lately, the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse) and I love how my face looks, until I have to sit there and scrap off the stray bristles that the brush has left behind. This is incredibly frustrating and disappointing as it spoils my application. Otherwise, I love this brush, as I said it applies foundation beautifully and I also have a seperate one that I use for blush. When I use it to apply blush I notice it does not shed the way it does when I use it to apply foundation. I like how soft the bristles are and how bouncy and firm the head of it is when I am applying product. Price is great and, ironically, it doesn't shed when I am cleaning it. For me the tops of the bristles become white again when cleansed. I have actually repurchased since I bought a second one for blush after the first one. I was hoping that perhaps the shedding was just related to the one I bought 2 years ago, but I bought the second one about 2 months ago and it does the same exact thing. I think that I am going to look into the Sephora HD brush for foundation and see if I like that better. It's more expensive but hopefully it won't shed. I will still use these for blush, however.

on 8/19/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use this to apply foundation only and its awesome. Mine dosent shed and the tips stay white after I wash it. Great affordable brush!

on 7/20/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a great brush. It is my designated bronzer brush because it picks up just the right amount of product. It is hardy, does not shed, soft and well just wonderful. Stippling/highlighter/skunk/duo fiber brushes are great for multiple uses--such as applying very pigmented blush/bronzer, highlighting portions of the face or applying liquids and creams. I have used this brush only for powders and enjoy it. I think everyone should have at least one skunk brush.

on 7/6/2010 1:06:00 AM

I use this brush everyday for my foundation application &I honestly don't know how I could ever live without this! It makes my foundation look so flawless on my skin! Only negative thing I have to say is that the white tip of the brush does turn light brown after a while, but it's fine cuz I'd usually just buy another one. It's great for it's price too. If any of you have tried the 187 duo fibre &think it's better than this please do tell me!

on 7/3/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this brush. It takes seconds to stipple on an airbrushed face (EL DWL) and using less product than sponges/fingers. Minimal shedding and great handling.

on 6/30/2010 6:48:00 PM

This brush had the potential of being amazing but sheds way to much. I have been using this brush for over a month and I am returning it to Target because I have lost about half the amount of hair.
The brush applies foundation really flawlessly but I am tired of always picking up several hairs off my face every morning...just not worth it to me. I was surprised that this brush was such poor quality as I have a few other brushes from sonia kahuk and they don't shed as much. I am going to just try the mac 187 next.

on 6/22/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this brush! My first ever brush for applying liquid foundation and I'm sticking to it. Some say that it's a tad scratchy but after washing it several times everytime I use it, the bristles have become nice and soft yet still remain somewhat stiff which I like, preferably for applying liquid foundation. I've also found it great for lightly apply pressed powder products, like my HC blush and MAC Blot Powder. This seldom ever sheds on me and when it does, it's normally one this bristle anyway. I's definetly repurchase and/or buy another!

on 6/22/2010 8:27:00 PM

This brush is love! haha that's all i can say about it. I don't quite understand how to use it though at first, i bought it because the mac 187 was really popular. However the mac 187 costs $42.. i don't know about you, but that is a really expensive brush... this is only about $12...
The quality is great! the white part is so so so soft, and i love putting products on my fact because of this brush... I now use it for highlighter (duh) such as mac msf, or bronzers, or anything really, except for foundations.... i find it too.. loose, maybe the mac one is denser, but heck, that's 30 dollars more.
Very happy with purchase =)

on 6/11/2010 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

ok I have traveller's size MAC 187 so I can't compare Sonia Kashuk's brush to the full size MAC 187.

The traveller's size 187 is very soft and easy to apply pigmented blush w/o looking like a clown. It's easy to build with the traveller's size 187.

SK's version is not as soft and I can see that it deposits more color onto my cheeks so the actual color of the blush appears better on my face.

I think I'll use this when I have to pack on the blush to make some color show on my face.

on 6/1/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've tried using this for applying blush, since I don't wear foundation, and to be honest, I don't know what all the rave is about. It's not that soft, and is kind of scratchy in my opinion. I have another Kashuk blush brush which is way softer, and the E.L.F Studio Line brushes (Complexion and the flat top) which are WAY softer. This might be good for stippling foundation, but I just don't think I like it. Will stick to softer brushes!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products