Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 9/28/2014 11:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this oil! it is a life saver! it transforms a bad hair day into a good hair day. I massage this onto my wet hair and also any time im going to go out somewhere. it transforms your hair immediately. I highly recommend

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I think this is worth the price. I say that because I buy it whenever I run out. I have tried pure argan oil which is a bit cheaper but it does not make my hair look anywhere near as good as this product. I know this has cones in it but I can not deny the fact that my hair looks better when I use this product than with ANYTHING else and I have tried it all.

So after using this for a long time, i've decided to write the review. I have very fine, soft, and straight hair. however, b/c it's really long, it does get tangled a bit after a shower and so sometimes can be hard to comb through. I've kept a small bottle of this in my toiletries bag when I travel (I travel a lot so i keep a travel toiletries bag in my carry-on bag at all times). I always find that whenever I use this, my hair always looks and performs great and is much easier to comb through when wet. Meanwhile at home, I use the loreal oleo serum (the one in the thick yellowish glass bottle) since it looks like it has the same basic silicone ingredients. after about using that for a bit over 6 months, i realized that it simply does not perform as well as whenever i use moroccanoil during travel. It never gave it extra slip so combing through my wet hair was difficult, and it never seem to leave my hair as smooth and sleek. I had stuck with it b/c i was intent on using it all up and b/c i didn't want to spend the money on a full sized bottle for home use. I finally bit the bullet 3 days ago and bought the full sized one and this entire week my hair has looked great. definitely recommend it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and also that the pump worked better (the loreal pump is GREAT b/c you can control how much you pump out).

on 9/23/2014 10:21:00 PM

This is bloody good stuff. I have been struggling with dry, damaged hair for years - because my hair is both fine AND lightened. I have purchased countless hair products and treatments from high-end brands that claim to repair the condition of my hair....but none make my hair feel anywhere near as soft or healthy as Moroccan Oil.

As many other reviewers have mentioned, the effects are noticeable from the first use. I apply a very small amount through my mid-lengths to ends and voilà: soft, shiny, healthy looking locks right through until the next shampoo.

The formula does add a teensy (not overly noticeable) bit of weight to my fine hair, which I don't mind because I only use a small amount of product. On that note, the dispenser pump tends to pump too much for a single use on my hair so I have taken one point off for packaging.

I just bought the large 125ml bottle which will last for ages....however when it runs out I definitely plan to repurchase.

on 8/23/2014 1:11:00 PM

Great for my ombré bleached hair. My ends get very dry and tangly, and this oil takes care of that. It also smells incredible! A bit expensive though.

on 8/15/2014 10:58:00 AM

At first, I apologize for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. But I'll try my best.

After 9 months use of Moroccan oil, I think that I can give you all my honest opinion.
On the website, I got a 50% discount on the products, so I chose the Moroccan oil.
After the regular price I previously would never have chosen the product. Now I think differently.

For 100 ml of Moroccan oil I paid € 20, which I think is an excellent investment. I think that I will have oil for at least 4 months before it completely consumed it. I have a long bob hairstyle for about 2 years.

Let me start with the smell-it is great. I can not describe the smell, but it's wonderful.
The texture of the oil is smooth, yellow, and not heavy. I only need 2 pumps.
It makes the hair shiny, fragrant and eliminates dryness of the tips soooooo god!!

It will not eliminate split ends. WILL NOT! I do not have split ends because I'm trying to take care of my hair better than I used to.
Apply the oil only to the tip of the hair, not the scalp. Otherwise the hair will be greasy and you will need to re-washed hair. After use my hair is shiny, hydrated, and I believe that truly helps to maintain healthy hair.

I suggest to all who have split ends:

* Trim destroyed hair ends (I think that there is no product that can magically repair split ends).

* Buy hair products with quality (appropriate shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and appropriate hair brush). Products should be suitable for your hair type!!

* Reduce blow drying your hair.

* Take vitamins, especially biotin, yeast, and the B complex. All this helps your skin and nails too.

I hope that reading was not too difficult, once again I apologize for spelling mistakes. This product is definitely one of my top 2 products, so I advise you to try it at least at the hairdresser and then decide it for yourself.

God bless!

on 7/27/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

There is nothing wrong with this hair treatment oil. It adds moisture and slip, offers heat protection, and protects ends. I've tried a few other silicone-oil hybrid serums, and while I don't really have any major complaints about Moroccan Oil, I will not replace my bottle once I use it up. My biggest complaint is that the oil is quite heavy and does not suit my fine but dense hair as well as a lighter-bodied oil, such as Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil. This is not the MO's fault and does not make it a bad product - it's simply not right for me. The serum is quite viscous, almost like warm honey or castor oil, and it always leaves my palms greasy no matter how little I use. I only ever apply this to the ends of my mid-back length hair, damp or dry, as a protection against mechanical damage (brushing, putting up in clips, dragging across my pillow at night), and it does the job just as well as any other silicone-oil serum on the market, and therein lies the "meh" factor for me. I get equally satisfactory results with less greasiness and significantly fewer dollars spent from L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-Sleek product, which has a much lighter body and a scent I prefer. I bought my MO when it was pretty new to the market and I was very happy with the results, but now that I've found a product that better meets my needs, I don't need to rely on MO anymore. It does look pretty on my shelf, although I would have appreciated a pump top on my glass bottle. I can take or leave the scent, but many/most people seem to love it - I'd describe it as very sweet, milky-nutty, and vaguely "exotic." The scent lasts for hours but stays pretty close to my hair.

FWIW, the closest product I've found to MO in terms of performance is Bumble & bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, which also has a thicker, heavier texture, and a fragrance that is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit. I imagine they cost about the same.

on 7/25/2014 3:32:00 PM

Smells amaaaazing and makes my hair feel stronger. I put about 3 pumps in my hair after a shower. I have very long but not the thickest hair and it doesn't weigh it down. Will always repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing and lives up to the hype.

Yes, a bit expensive and yes, maybe it's a 'rare' resource in Morocco but hey life is too short. I bought this for $38 off Amazon, didn't like it at first, tried it again a year later, did it right this time. Don't apply on hair that's too wet nor too dry. I usually wrap my hair up in a towel for 20 minutes and then comb it through, apply a dime sized amount on my bust length hair, comb through again and blow dry out.

Before this product, I was heaping tons of stuff in my hair. From volumizers, root lifters, heat protectants, shine glosses, shine sprays, you name it! All that gunk in my hair!

This replaces all. Acts as a heat protectant. Fortifies hair. Makes it shiney without being greasy. Strengthens the cuticle.

HG Hair styling product. You need to use a good conditioner though for max effect. I like Revlon.

on 6/28/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I don't know what they put in this stuff and I honestly don't care, but it is awesome! Like magic, it completely changes my hair texture and appearance.

At first I was skeptical about the hype over this and turned off by the astronomical price. But my sister got the small oil treatment and I got to try it. Next thing I know, I was leaving the salon with a full size bottle of Moroccanoil.

I don't know what else to say other than that this stuff is amazing. My hair was in terrible condition when I started using the oil treatment, but somehow it always managed to make it look smooth and shiny. I used the oil combined with Redken Extreme Anti-Snap for over a year and this combo sure helped in my hair's recovery.

I really don't have any complaints about Moroccanoil other than the tanning oil scent, but that's just me. A lot of people like it. And even though my hair was damaged, it is fine, oily and I didn't think it weighed it down either.

Finally, I think Moroccanoil is amazing and I definitely recommend it if it's in your budget. Personally, I won't be repurchasing it anytime soon, since there are so many cheap (and good) argan oil products out there now... I haven't found anything as good to my hair as Moroccan, but the price difference is just too absurd.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products