Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 8/23/2014 1:11:00 PM

Great for my ombré bleached hair. My ends get very dry and tangly, and this oil takes care of that. It also smells incredible! A bit expensive though.

on 8/15/2014 10:58:00 AM

At first, I apologize for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. But I'll try my best.

After 9 months use of Moroccan oil, I think that I can give you all my honest opinion.
On the website, I got a 50% discount on the products, so I chose the Moroccan oil.
After the regular price I previously would never have chosen the product. Now I think differently.

For 100 ml of Moroccan oil I paid € 20, which I think is an excellent investment. I think that I will have oil for at least 4 months before it completely consumed it. I have a long bob hairstyle for about 2 years.

Let me start with the smell-it is great. I can not describe the smell, but it's wonderful.
The texture of the oil is smooth, yellow, and not heavy. I only need 2 pumps.
It makes the hair shiny, fragrant and eliminates dryness of the tips soooooo god!!

It will not eliminate split ends. WILL NOT! I do not have split ends because I'm trying to take care of my hair better than I used to.
Apply the oil only to the tip of the hair, not the scalp. Otherwise the hair will be greasy and you will need to re-washed hair. After use my hair is shiny, hydrated, and I believe that truly helps to maintain healthy hair.

I suggest to all who have split ends:

* Trim destroyed hair ends (I think that there is no product that can magically repair split ends).

* Buy hair products with quality (appropriate shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, and appropriate hair brush). Products should be suitable for your hair type!!

* Reduce blow drying your hair.

* Take vitamins, especially biotin, yeast, and the B complex. All this helps your skin and nails too.

I hope that reading was not too difficult, once again I apologize for spelling mistakes. This product is definitely one of my top 2 products, so I advise you to try it at least at the hairdresser and then decide it for yourself.

God bless!

on 7/27/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

There is nothing wrong with this hair treatment oil. It adds moisture and slip, offers heat protection, and protects ends. I've tried a few other silicone-oil hybrid serums, and while I don't really have any major complaints about Moroccan Oil, I will not replace my bottle once I use it up. My biggest complaint is that the oil is quite heavy and does not suit my fine but dense hair as well as a lighter-bodied oil, such as Paul Mitchell's Wild Ginger styling oil. This is not the MO's fault and does not make it a bad product - it's simply not right for me. The serum is quite viscous, almost like warm honey or castor oil, and it always leaves my palms greasy no matter how little I use. I only ever apply this to the ends of my mid-back length hair, damp or dry, as a protection against mechanical damage (brushing, putting up in clips, dragging across my pillow at night), and it does the job just as well as any other silicone-oil serum on the market, and therein lies the "meh" factor for me. I get equally satisfactory results with less greasiness and significantly fewer dollars spent from L'Oreal's drugstore Nutri-Sleek product, which has a much lighter body and a scent I prefer. I bought my MO when it was pretty new to the market and I was very happy with the results, but now that I've found a product that better meets my needs, I don't need to rely on MO anymore. It does look pretty on my shelf, although I would have appreciated a pump top on my glass bottle. I can take or leave the scent, but many/most people seem to love it - I'd describe it as very sweet, milky-nutty, and vaguely "exotic." The scent lasts for hours but stays pretty close to my hair.

FWIW, the closest product I've found to MO in terms of performance is Bumble & bumble's Hairdresser's Invisible Oil, which also has a thicker, heavier texture, and a fragrance that is a dead-ringer for the drydown of Burberry Brit. I imagine they cost about the same.

on 7/25/2014 3:32:00 PM

Smells amaaaazing and makes my hair feel stronger. I put about 3 pumps in my hair after a shower. I have very long but not the thickest hair and it doesn't weigh it down. Will always repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing and lives up to the hype.

Yes, a bit expensive and yes, maybe it's a 'rare' resource in Morocco but hey life is too short. I bought this for $38 off Amazon, didn't like it at first, tried it again a year later, did it right this time. Don't apply on hair that's too wet nor too dry. I usually wrap my hair up in a towel for 20 minutes and then comb it through, apply a dime sized amount on my bust length hair, comb through again and blow dry out.

Before this product, I was heaping tons of stuff in my hair. From volumizers, root lifters, heat protectants, shine glosses, shine sprays, you name it! All that gunk in my hair!

This replaces all. Acts as a heat protectant. Fortifies hair. Makes it shiney without being greasy. Strengthens the cuticle.

HG Hair styling product. You need to use a good conditioner though for max effect. I like Revlon.

on 6/28/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I don't know what they put in this stuff and I honestly don't care, but it is awesome! Like magic, it completely changes my hair texture and appearance.

At first I was skeptical about the hype over this and turned off by the astronomical price. But my sister got the small oil treatment and I got to try it. Next thing I know, I was leaving the salon with a full size bottle of Moroccanoil.

I don't know what else to say other than that this stuff is amazing. My hair was in terrible condition when I started using the oil treatment, but somehow it always managed to make it look smooth and shiny. I used the oil combined with Redken Extreme Anti-Snap for over a year and this combo sure helped in my hair's recovery.

I really don't have any complaints about Moroccanoil other than the tanning oil scent, but that's just me. A lot of people like it. And even though my hair was damaged, it is fine, oily and I didn't think it weighed it down either.

Finally, I think Moroccanoil is amazing and I definitely recommend it if it's in your budget. Personally, I won't be repurchasing it anytime soon, since there are so many cheap (and good) argan oil products out there now... I haven't found anything as good to my hair as Moroccan, but the price difference is just too absurd.

on 6/19/2014 8:40:00 PM

i have fine blonde hair, this stuff beats kenzi, argan, keratin, etc.. I went to school for cosmetology and believe me, this line will fix even the finest over processed hair better than a keratin treatment w/o breaking it, buy their paddle brush even if you've never used one and all that hair you've colored that's been falling out or you've been losing from stress, give it a week, it won't be in this brush at all, volume shampoo and conditioner light mask once a week oil each time you wash, use a wet hair comb, then dry and style with their paddle brush. You can move over to sham pure or pureology purple or something more volumizing later even lanza and kenzi oil. I'd rather see you morrocan and shampure forever and fyi i went to paul mitchell and teach dance so i'm not selling.
You're not imagining it you're losing less hair and seeing regrowth, it's not just less stress in your life in fact your life probably hasn't changed at all but this stuff will change your hair forever. give it a little while to get the oil amount right etc..

on 6/19/2014 8:10:00 PM

My holy grail hair product, this oil completely saved m hair! My hair was in a pretty poor state after years of dying and heat damage and this oil has bought it back to life, it's a miracle worker! I bought the small size in the light version and it has lasted me so long, I'm about half way through the bottle and I got it about 4 months ago, I use it every time I wash my hair! It is quite expensive but for me it is worth it, will defiantly be repurchasing it!

on 6/14/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

UPDATE* great great great. Just after a week of using the product my hair was softer!! Went to my salon for my 8 weekly relaxer and the first thing she said was "your hair feels really soft what have you been using" :D this is funny bcos the last time I visited her I spoke to her about wanting to buy this and she said "no don't, it's not great" and she showed me some silly Mythic oil to buy instead. Glad I went with my instincts, I know my hair better than any professional :)

on 6/11/2014 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to use Chi's Silk Infusion before I tried Moroccanoil Treatment, but MO's is better and I won't go back. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering. This oil softens my hair and adds shine. I wish it didn't come in a glass bottle because I'm always scared I'll break it, but the pump works well and dispenses a good amount. MO products are expensive so I wait until they are on sale. I also use their Moisture Repair shampoo and conditioner. Will repurchase.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products