September 17, 2014 | 1313 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by MRMoy

I can't say enough about the wonders this product has done for my hair. I am a bit of a product junkie and have tried many serums, but this is the most natural feeling one I have come across. Despite my affinity for trying new and different products, I have settled on this as "the one."

The other serums I have tried (John Frieda, Redken, Biolage, Chi, Bumble & Bumble, and Kenra) often left my hair feeling filmy with silicone, but if I use too much of this product, it easily rubs into my skin.

Getting down to it, the product is really argan oil with perfumes, which you can find in a number of different places if you don't like this product. I already use (and love) argan oil on my face, scalp, and cuticles, so it doesnt surprise me that I also love using it on my hair. The smell is great too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

I have been using this oil for years now. I like it best when used on towel dried detangled hair. It tames frizzies, adds shine and softness. I do not like using it everyday because my hair get's "used" to leave ins. I use it probably every other day. It also protects the hair when heat styling because it it an oil, it coats the hair shaft. Smells very good. At first I hated the scent but I have grown to love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i put the leave in treatment on my hair and it WILL NOT DRY. I washed my hair at 6, my hair normally air dries in 2-3 hours. it's now 12am and my hair is still half wet. my hair is suffocating in silicone! i used the TINIEST AMOUNT and my hair literally will not breathe or dry. this is awful. i can feel a slimy film on my normally super resistant hair. ugh dermorganic oil >>>>>> this overpriced crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This treatment gives my curls a lovely sheen and, while I've never had problems with flyaways or frizz, I do think the oil refines my curls. I apply one pump to my permed, wavy hair when it's half dry. (I do find that it helps my hair dry faster.) I follow with cream/gel/styling products when my hair is almost fully dry. This is my preferred method of use, though I occasionally mix the oil into styling products when I'm in a rush.

My hair is fine, but this oil doesn't weigh my hair down. I might explore the "Light" version whenever my bottle runs out, but until then I'm quite happy.

I keep this product away from my roots. (Actually, as with conditioner, I only apply it to the permed part of my hair, essentially from my ears down.) I'd be worried it might clog my pores or cause breakouts.

This product does contain silicones! I do think my hair is slightly less shiny and refined when I skip this product, but I try to give my hair a break whenever possible, as healthy hair = beautiful hair, IMHO. Besides, the Moroccanoil feels twice as effective after a day or two of not having used it.

The fragrance is incredible: gorgeous, luxurious, and seductive. The scent's what sold me, but I'll happily repurchase this product for its effectiveness.

I've had the bottle for half a year and it's halfway finished (at one pump a day, ~5 times a week). Good value in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this oil with the Moroccan oil travel kit. I have long, fine hair. I used it couple of times on my damp hair and did not really see any difference so stopped using it. But lately my hair has gotten more frizzy and dry especially after I've had an updo so I tried it last night on my dry firzzy hair. I must say I loved it! A few drops and it immediately made my hair less frizzy and tameable yet not greasy. And this morning when I woke up my locks looked much better and smooth maybe even shinier.
I will proably continue using this in the evening to smooth and protect my dry hair. As I got this part of the travel kit, I am still using the original oil treatment although someone commented that people with fine hair should use the light version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sturka

I found this product years ago & although I use it daily, I am only on my second bottle. A little really does go a long way. It smells divine & I have found it not only useful in taming flyaways & frizzy hair, but after using dry shampoo which tends to make my hair brittle. This tames it right down!

It is quite expensive but I find it cheapest on eBay by a seller named bestofblissteam

Xo

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LandCam180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only great thing about the product is it's packaging. You can never go wrong with an amber bottle. Its scent is alright though I am more into florals. Like finding "your perfume," this treatment is just not me.

The only lasting effect this product had on me was months and MONTHS of clogged pores (I rarely wear makeup) caused by the massive amount of silicone in this product.

The Moroccan Oil line is HIGHLY overrated and I would not recommend anything from it to anyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by LasVegasTia

Just Ok, not great, definitely doesn't worth the price.
Dozens of cheaper products out there work as same than this.
Macadamia oil is way better in my opinion so is their mask.
I tried the Morocan oil shampoo: just ok, nothing to rave about
Morocan oil conditioner: crap, not detangling at all, very hard to comb tru
Morocan oil deep conditioning treatment mask: pure garbage... total waste of money, I wish I could get my money back, leaves my hair in worst condition even if I condition it after like mentioned on the packaging.
what a desapointment with this whole line. I wont let those last two touch my hair again...

My favorite hair care routine so far:
1/ Carol's daughter Monoi Shampoo
2/ Macadamia oil mask
3/ Healthy Sexy Hair Leave in detangling conditioner spray (on towel dried hair)
4/macadamia oil (on towel dried hair)
5/ Coppola shine spray on fully dry hair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by gazh27

MoroccanOil - how I love this stuff. To be perfectly honest, when I first tried it I didn't like it at all because I thought it made my hair look dull, limp and greasy. However, over the past few months I've started to really love it. Works like a charm on damp hair, leaving it soft, shiny, great-smelling, and healthy-looking. I should note that I use the Light version because I have thin, fine hair; if you ladies with fine hair are debating which one to get, trust me on this: we need the Light version.

It IS expensive, but one bottle has lasted me for over a year. I don't use it every day - maybe 2-3 times per week - but a little goes a long way with this stuff. My mum uses the regular version, and it really calms her thick, wavy, flyaway-prone hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by katamanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. Hydrates and doesn't leave an oily residue.