August 30, 2014 | 1162 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by 3lizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't buy this. I was looking for something to give me an allover glowy look, and this seemed like it would work. I tried mixing it with my foundation wich is water based, and I think this is oil based, so it just looked cakey and wierd and wasn't even noticable. I also noticed it broke me out around my nose, so I stopped using it there. And on the rest of my face my pores would be really clogged and I would start to get pimple, but they'd go away once I washed my face. There's a few oils in this, and since it's going right onto your skin with or before foundation, it can very easily get into and clog your pores. Once it started to get really hot it also made my cheeks break out, and eventually the only place I could use it was my forehead. And $30 is too much for a forehead product so I took it back. The color is nice though, very brightening. Wouldn't recommend unless you have dry not break out prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this when I want a subtle dewy/glow to my skin. I use two pumps all over my face after applying my primer or use it as a highlight over my blush. The packaging is great and easy so it doesn't get all over the place. I have combination skin so this doesn't make me look greasy. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is what i was looking for in a highlight. quite subtle compared to some highlighters and can be mixed very nicely with foundation, etc. package is nice as you can click it to a no-pump setting therefore no surprise pumps when travelling. i have had this forever and never had to repurchase, but i probably would. it isnt chunky glitter like SOOO many highlighters, and doesnt give a great giant SHEEN just dewy and wonderful

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by dechamps

Strobe Liquid Lotion is far too white to flatter any skintone. As a highlighter on small areas of the face, eg below browbone etc it could be useful though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by wildkurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i said i woont buy again because this bottle will last me a really long time, i only use it at night if im going out and i mix it with my tinted moisturizer. i mean i use less that a pea size amount. overall, it's not something i reach for often. i still don't know if i like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

This product hardly showed up on me. It had such a subtle effect on my cheeks, and I dont think it was worth the high price tag that was attached to it. I thin by mixing in other pigments into your moisturizer, such as Vanilla or Pink Opal, you can achieve the same effect without the high price. Not worth it IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product! Hands down the best highlighter I've ever tried. Only takes a little to do its thing, and it makes your skin GLOW in a way that looks lovely and natural and not like you're ready to hit the clubs. Doesn't make you look glittery, shimmery or shiny, just perfectly luminous. I mix it in equal parts with liquid foundation (just a little pump of each) on the back of my hand and then apply it all over my face. Then I might apply just a bit extra on the sides of my nose right next the inner corners of my eyes as that's where my dark shadows tend to show up if I haven't been sleeping well. Then I'll apply whatever concealer, bronzer, beauty powder, etc. I had planned for the day. My skin just looks great. I've been getting so many compliments.

The product itself is very light, so much so that I can't see it being used as a moisturizer. It's so thin it's a bit runny, and I'm thinking it must have a high water content. I have combo skin that leans toward being oily, especially on my cheeks and nose, and this hasn't caused any problems. It should work just as well on oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product gives my face the extra ooommph it needs on a daily basis. It does Not leave me greasy looking at all as i have very oily skin which is a major plus as i use to neglect any highlighting products bc i thought it would only add to the grease, but this does give a lovely glow and as other reviewers mentioned it is a pink opal color. I am nc45 in mac, caramel in revlon colorstay foundation and this looks great on my skin color despite the lightness of it. I prefer to apply it to my face after foundation and msf powder bc to me it shows up better and you need very little of this product after each application. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Where has this been all of my life? I love to mix a little bit of this with my foundation. Then I use my Mac 187 brush to lightly brush it on. I don't use this mixture on my forehead; however, because it will leave me looking a bit too glowy. Like to use it under my eyes, too to camoflouge darkness and puffiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a moisturizer! I even asked the SA if it was considered one, and all three of them said NO! Now that being said, I never thought it was a moisturizer and got this purely on the fact that it was a liquid highlighter. Now on to the review...

I LOVE this! It is so pretty! I get a nice dewy glow all over my face without looking like a disco ball. I tried this on top on moisturizer without foundation and it looked like a soft sheen. I put my foundation over it and I had a "glow". And when put over foundation, it gives the perfect amount of night time glitz.

I also love to mix this with TM and I get a perfect summer dew all over my face. I just wish it would show up a teensy bit better, but overall, I am so happy I paid the $28.50 for this.

A big plus is the fact that I don't break out from this!