L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

I adore L'Occitane products and early in my product-shopping days, the L'Occ shea butter was the go-to shea butter... that is until I got with reality and realized I can get shea butter for 1/4 the price many other places. I appreciate L'Occitane's commitment to excellent quality and ethics, but as a smart consumer, there are way cheaper options.

The product in general is good, it solves a variety of skin issues, especially for spot treating since shea butter is a little thick and tacky.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

RIS and is now a holy grale product. I have very dry skin (even during summer). My forehead is constantly super-dry, and this is the ONLY product that has solved that problem!!! And It's the only product that has healed a dry eczema I've had on my right hand for 10 years. I am SO HAPPY i've got this. Use it every day, all year around. Amazing stuff! :) :) :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, super moisturizing and all-purpose as well.
I use it for my hands, feet, lips, my whole body when it feels too dry and even for my face!

I use it at night and when I wake up in the morning my face feels so much softer and it looks so much better.
The only thing I don't like it's the price but a tiny amount of product goes a long way so it lasts for months.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This Shea cream felt nice. That is about it. Nothing to write home about. I went into the store looking for a honey moisturizer that I really liked but it was discontinued. I decided to try something new so I picked this up. Not worth the price tag.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Why did I spend this much on basic shea butter? Oh yeah .... it's L'Occitane. I will always have a special place in my beauty arsenal for L'Occitane because I know that no matter what, they make products of outstanding quality. However, shea butter is shea butter. $40 shea butter isn't much different than $10 shea butter. I usually only go for shea butter when I'm obscenely dry, especially on those miserable days in the dead of winter. So I know I won't run out of this anytime soon. It's moisturizing and a little bit goes a long way, that is, if you can spread it a long way. This is best used in specific areas. Dry elbows, knees, feet, etc. It's far too thick for other parts of the body and does not sink in easily. But I must say, there's nothing like slathering some of this onto your feet and sleeping with cashmere socks on ( an incredible investment by the way!) then waking up with stunningly soft feet. Heavenly. I don't love the packaging. It's unsanitary to have to dig into it, but I do however like the vintage medicinal look of it. Will not repurchase, as I could stand to cut a few corners budget wise (who isn't right now?) and I can buy basically the same product for a drastically cheaper price elsewhere.

My aunt got me a tub of this in 2002 when I had dry skin from using Accutane.

Said tub is still around and the product inside is still good to use.

Intrepret that as you will. Great natural product that really works!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is really thick & sticky! I dont really like the smell too and in winter it gets really hard & really hard to apply. The packaging isnt the best since you have to 'dig' it out from the pot and when its hard it's just really tedious.

It is quite a good product though like it moisturizes quite well, but the smell & texture turns me off :(

I couldnít say this is a miracle product like other reviews. Iíve been using it on my dry finger tips and it does soften the skin but not to the best result. Also, the shea butter is so hard to apply due to its thickness texture.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Got a mini version of this as part of a gift set from a friend. I've looked into this & it's true this is way overpriced & on top of that I can't stand the scent. Another friend of mine gets generic shea butter from a health-supply establishment & it's super-cheap & smells naturally pleasant (unless it is specially scented), much like cocoa butter. The high-in-the-sky L'Occitane name is all well and good, but I don't buy it. I don't need a big brand name to enjoy a good product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do not recommend this product as you can easily purchase 100 % Shea butter from health / specialized / African food stored for a FRACTION of the price.

Shea butter in itself is a phenomenal product.