October 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

My aunt got me a tub of this in 2002 when I had dry skin from using Accutane.

Said tub is still around and the product inside is still good to use.

Intrepret that as you will. Great natural product that really works!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

This product is really thick & sticky! I dont really like the smell too and in winter it gets really hard & really hard to apply. The packaging isnt the best since you have to 'dig' it out from the pot and when its hard it's just really tedious.

It is quite a good product though like it moisturizes quite well, but the smell & texture turns me off :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I couldnít say this is a miracle product like other reviews. Iíve been using it on my dry finger tips and it does soften the skin but not to the best result. Also, the shea butter is so hard to apply due to its thickness texture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got a mini version of this as part of a gift set from a friend. I've looked into this & it's true this is way overpriced & on top of that I can't stand the scent. Another friend of mine gets generic shea butter from a health-supply establishment & it's super-cheap & smells naturally pleasant (unless it is specially scented), much like cocoa butter. The high-in-the-sky L'Occitane name is all well and good, but I don't buy it. I don't need a big brand name to enjoy a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not recommend this product as you can easily purchase 100 % Shea butter from health / specialized / African food stored for a FRACTION of the price.

Shea butter in itself is a phenomenal product.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by justinestella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the best thing for my lips. i have a slight sunburn now and this really soothes my chapped lips. fantastic. have been using this for years every night and in the morning lips are soft. i have the tiny tin and it lasts forever, so price is alright.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by wobblejelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Takes abit of getting used to as the smell of shea butter may not be too appealing to some (my hubby is one of them who hates it).
Was in LA last month and my hands were so terribly dry and wrinkled. This works wonders after the butter melts on my hands and cuticles. I 'melt' the butter by taking a small amt and rubbing in my palms before applying. Definitely a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed by this. There is nothing special about it other than it's produced by L'Occitane. You can get much better quality shea butter that is less refined for a fraction of the price. I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by svedija

I lve this product on my nails, hands,also my lips- feels very comforting, also has not got a strong smell, which is plus. i will be byuing again..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Count me on the Shea Butter bandwagon! This is a wonderful, scent-free product that comes hard packed in a generously sized tin. You need to warm you fingers and scoop it out then it melts onto wherever you apply it.

And you can apply it pretty much everywhere! I put it under my eyes and it is the best eye cream I have ever used. Lips? Leaves 'em smooth and a letting it sit whe you do the rest of your face then wiping off all but a trace guarantees that your lipstick goes on smoothly.

Got dry feet? Wash and pumice them, then generously apply the Shea Butter and cover overnight with cotton socks. Yowza! It makes a world of difference.

The most amazing place I tried it and was thrilled with the outcome was my hair. My hair is halfway down my back and the ends are pretty dry. I rubbed some Shea Butter into the ends of my wet hair, blew dry and they were so soft! Not sticky or hard at all.

I love this product and personally think everyone should have a tub! Sephora and Nordstrom both carry this and they have tremendous return policies, so what do you have to loose?