October 20, 2014 | 2113 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I had this when I was 13 when I was just getting into makeup.
Living in the Wet Coast, I had to get the w/p. Being the newbie, I had no idea that w/p is haarder too remove. Even the remover from Maybelline took lile 5 min!
I liked how it seriously defined my lashes. It lived up to the name cuz u can see that the brush separates each individual lash. Good length bit not much volume. This was mediocre mascara at best.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by LilyKaminsky9

It was not clumpy, and it stayed water proof. It was hard to get off even with makeup remover for waterproof mascara. It ran out fast and came out very thin each dip.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by DeorcVal

I love this mascara for certain looks. I have longish eyelashes that are full. This mascara really lengthens them more and the great thing is that there's no clumps at all! It's really per lash. Each lash is lengthened and seperated. I love to use this with a light colored shadow and thin eyeliner, and curled to really accentuate each lash and it's length.

Usually though, I'm in the mood for fullness and volume so I use One by One. :)

For emphasis on one's lashes in a clean, sharp look; this mascara does the trick!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this mascara for my bottom lashes and I've found its the best mascara I've ever used for bottom lashes. It's hard to find a mascara for both top and bottom because when I use the wand on my lower lashes it tends to make spots and clump. This mascara doesn't do that which I feel is because of the small rubber wand. I also like that this lives up to its claims of being waterproof. Even when I wear this in the summer after sweating and being in the water it's still in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by bbandl026

I have long, thin, straight lashes and oily eyelids.

Pros: very lengthening, cute packaging, applicator slim enough for bottom lashes

Cons: lacks volume and fullness, gave me spidery lashes, smudged, lashes felt hard and brittle

Define a Lash is a mascara I will not repurchase. It provided lots of length but nothing else. Made my lashes look like deep fried spider legs. Not pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by xograciepie

pros: does quite a bit of lengthening
cons: CLUMPS, unnatural, and it's a sucker to get off
lash type: short and sparse
my take: I decided to buy this when I bought my Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume (pink bottle) mascara. I was excited to try the mascara, as my friend had been raving about the product. However, I was severely disappointed in its performance. The brush did a poor job in separating my lashes, and deposited huge amounts of product onto my lashes. Although I tried to wipe off the excess product from the brush, it was to no avail. I did see that the mascara managed to lengthen my lashes a bit after one coat. However, after I attempted to put on a second coat, the mascara again deposited onto my lashes in big clumps. My lashes looked extremely long, spikey, sticky, and just plain unattractive.... not to mention, UNNATURAL!
Although the mascara did a good job in lengthening, it sure didn't do a good job with separating. I did stay on for most of the day, but after about 7 to 8 hours, I noticed smudging under my eyes. Even though smudgy mascara = HUGE pet peeve of mine, there was another huge flaw to this product. Removal. I used a makeup remover and then washed my face, but saw that there was still a considerable amount of product left on my lashes (and I only had on two coats!) I again used makeup remover. However, when I woke up the next morning, I woke up with raccoon eyes (from MORE smudging) and saw a bit of product still clinging onto my lashes.
Okay, I realize it's a waterproof product... but mine was to the point where it was permanent. Huge, huge, huge, HUGE problem... for me at least.
Although I really wanted to love this product, I stopped using it after about three weeks of use - which was more than enough time to know it was not the product for me. I would probably not recommend this to anyone... unless they have extremely full, long lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I like this mascara because it does exactly what the name says. It really defines my lashes and makes them long. The brush combs through my lashes and doesn't clump at all. It separates them and fans them out. It really lengthens my lashes but doesn't do much for volume. I still like it a lot for length, though. It also holds a curl really well and doesn't smudge because its waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on a whim when Maybelline was doing a BOGO. I normally purchase The Falsies WP and love it, but I thought I'd try something new as well. I got home to see what MUA had to say before I opened it, and it didn't have great reviews. I was disappointed by that, and didn't even bother opening it. Luckily, I ran out of mascara before I had a chance to exchange it, and I'm SO glad I tried it. It does exactly what it says, which is a rarity. My lashes look nice and defined, and very black. Also seems to hold a curl very well. It looks more "natural" than The Falsies, and yet it's noticeable enough to not be a waste of time. I prefer dramatic lashes most if the time, but I love this look! My lashes look feathery and defined, and I haven't noticed any flakes, which is a huge problem for me with most mascaras. I think if I did a voluming mascara over this, I'd have TONS of drama, so I think it will be really versatile. Definite repurchase! Don't let the reviews deter you from this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mattebrat

pros- holds curl. defining. lengthening. flake-free. long lasting.
cons- not too buildable. somewhat hardens lashes. non-volumizing.
Overall- great everyday mascara, but if you're going for more of a dramatic/bold look you might want to consider something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dreamerrz

lovely green bottle, and i really do enjoy using this product. my eyelids are kinda puffy and covers up pretty much most of my lashes..which means i dont have any length really... this mascara does add some length but it doesnt do much for though. one thing i like about this mascara is that it doesnt have any clumps or smudge, and i really like the black color. i got this in waterproof and found it a little hard to remove, think i'll get another one..a better one.