Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)

3.6

on 2/17/2011 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like that this is a real black eyeliner, deep black and is matte. This has a nice texture and glides on well for easy application. It stays quite a long time on my lids, but a bit strange that it budged under my eyes. I think this is not waterproof enough. nevertheless, i still like it as it does a great job staying put on my upper eyelids. would repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Does not last on water line or any other line.

Fades on top.

Moves to corners of water line in less than an hour.

on 1/28/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down best eyeliner I've ever used and I've tried EVERYTHING from MAC Fluidline, Stila Paint Pots, BB Gel liners, etc etc, the list goes on. I have very oily lids and most pencil liners smudge and smear on me within a couple of hours. This stuff stays all day, even on my waterline. It glides on smoothly with no tugging and comes in a range of gorgeous colors. LOVE!

on 12/31/2010 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

pro: the color is ok
con: definitely not for my super oily eyelids, it smears right after I put it on.

on 11/25/2010 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with how waterproof it is! I had tried washing my face with the eyeliner on & it doesn't even move. It's also smooth to glide on & highly pigmented. I would say it's worth buying!

on 11/13/2010 11:30:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE these eyeliners- I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews. I was thrilled to find these. Daily, I either wear these or Bobbi Brown's gel liners. These come in an amazing array of colors (though I have not found the perfect brown for me). I found a gorgeous purple, subdued blue, and nice gray-black. Only downside I found is they seem to sharpen down quick, so I feel like I repurchase relatively quickly. They go on easily, last all day, and you can get a fine point or smudge them out. Love and will keep repurchasing!

on 10/30/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I line my upper and lower waterline and it does smudge in both corners. I bounce between this liner and MAC automatic liner. Both smudge and neither is fantastic. Still looking for something that will last 12 hrs in my waterline.

on 10/24/2010 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought Aqua Eyes in a dark brown color (2L) and it's by far my favorite eyeliner I've tried. It goes on very smoothly with no tugging, looks great on, and doesn't wear off easily. I normally have a LOT of trouble with keeping eyeliner on. I do it at home, walk out my door satisfied, see my reflection somewhere and wonder what happened. But this doesn't smudge/ fade/ mysteriously make you ugly. I tested it out on my hand to see what would happen if I did my best to smudge it. Of course after a while it faded, but it never smudged to other parts of my hand. Hooray!
Anyway, it's a little expensive ($17) and I was very reluctant to buy it, but I'm very glad I did. I'll go drugstore with anything else, but I'm definitely sticking with this eyeliner.

on 10/22/2010 2:11:00 PM

Color is decent and does last but the actual pencil dries out after a few months and tugs on the eye like nobody's business. Considering the price, I don't see how it's a value. Also, after sharpening, the tip breaks off, leaving the pencil useless. I'm going with Urban Decay next time.

on 8/14/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tough this is as a good as advertised. But, it doesnt. It is smudge all over my eyes. Difficult to be cleaned and easily broken.