Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 11/28/2012 12:44:00 PM

I have 4 of these: for foundation, for blush, for powder, and an extra in case the other 3 are dirty. This is the best makeup brush I have ever used. Very versatile, dense, soft, does not shed. Perfection.

on 11/12/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i agree with all the good reviews on this nice little brush. I bought mine to use with cream blushes. Mostly, I use powder blushes but when the weather turns colder and my skin gets drier, I prefer to use cream foundation and cream blush. I never seem to get a smooth application of the cream blush so I went looking for a little, dense, flat top synthetic brush that did not have long bristles. This works really well. You have to be careful not to pick up too much product but the application is fast and smooth. Gives a natural, flawless look to the cheeks.

on 11/12/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great brush, especially considering the price. I haven't really tried any other flat tops like it, so I can't say this is any better or worse than the high end brush lines, but I'm happy with it. I use it to apply my liquid foundation regularly and have used it to apply tinted moisterizer and homemade facials. I go back and forth between this brush and my Lancome foundation brush and I like them both for foundation. I feel as though this brush may use more product than the traditional foundation brush and it takes a little more work to stipple the product on but it gives a nice airbrush look. I've never tried it with powder because it seems as though the brush would be too dense. It sheds a little (I've owned it for a few months) where as my Lancome foundation brush and other higher end brushes do not. I'm no make-up brush pro by any means, but I have other brushes from Lancome (as I already mentioned), MAC, Too Faced, and Sephora and I think this Sonia Kashuk is comparable in quality and an absolutely winner on price. Target has coupons for Sonia Kashuk ever few months or so another bonus. And it comes in a nice plastic case which I love when traveling with it. Overall, very happy and will probably buy another Sonia Kashuk pro brush in the future.

on 11/9/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the large Sonia Kashuk Tools synthetic kabuki flat top brush.
I absolutely love this brush and cannot imagine putting on my foundation with anything else.
I do own a paddle foundation brush and it streaks both liquid and tinted moisturizer on my face which drives me nuts.
I purchased this brush due to the glowing feedback on the smaller multipurpose brush, I had no idea that a larger version was available so when I saw it I immediately choose it over the smaller on.
The brush $17.99 vs $15.79 for the smaller one.
The quality is on par with higher end brushes so you cannot go wrong for the price.

on 10/13/2012 11:15:00 PM

This has totally changed the game of foundation for me. You just buff, buff, buff for about 30 seconds (probably half the time I used to spend using a flat paddle brush trying to get an even finish) and you've got a celebrity-status airbrushed face :). This cost me 12.99 in a cute travel set that came with the flat synthetic brush on a shorter handle (which I may prefer over the regular size?), an awesome little lip lining brush, and 2 shadow brushes. Makeup primer -29.00. Foundation -32.00. Perfectly applied foundation -priceless ;) lol

on 10/11/2012 10:07:00 PM

My acne scars are fading but still somewhat visible. I absolutely HATE the traditional "paddle foundation brush." It doesn't blend your foundation! Leaves you with lines... it's just awful. I thought I had no choice until I watched a YouTube guru saying this is the best foundation brush she's ever used and she can afford MAC and all that (I'm a drugstore diva). Bought it, tried it, can't live without it. It's also great for blending concealer. It can be washed often and it never loses shape, I've had it for a year. I also bought a second one to blend all powder, bronzer and blush together and not make it look cakey. You won't regret this purchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is heaven. Absolute complete heaven. I have the worst red and irritated, sensitive acne scars, and this product covers every spec of my skin flawalessly. my face looks airbrushed and i literally look like Kim Kardashian whenever i use this brush. I just really hope it doesn't get discontinued...

on 10/2/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Price: $17
Coverage: Full
Application: Blend Well...VERY DENSE BRUSH. Best For Mouse & Liquid Foundation
Upkeep: Wash With Shampoo In Cool/Cold Water Every 1-2 Weeks

on 10/1/2012 2:13:00 AM

I am in love!!! This is by far the best brush I own. I use it for my liquid/creme foundations and it blends beautifully. I wash it at least every 3 or 4 days and it has never shed or lost its shape (I've had it for a good 3 months now). All my other brushes are from elf because I refuse to spend a lot of money on brushes but this is so worth the $15. I will buy and buy and buy as long as they continue to make this.

on 10/1/2012 1:58:00 AM

This brush is AMAZING. It is so dense and the bristles are SO soft. I've used to put on my liquid foundation over a year and have washed it multiple times. It never has shed and it still as soft as the day I bought it. Amazing brush :)

Popular Makeup Brushes