July 30, 2014 | 2201 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush from Target to use for foundation application. It was pretty pricey for me, but in this case the quality of the brush made it worth it. I do not use this brush every day, but when I do a full face of makeup with foundation AND concealer, I will use this to achieve a blended out, full coverage look. The bristles hold their shape well, and I love the curved handle. It is VERY soft, not at all scratchy or harsh on the skin. The box it comes in is very classy packaging and I like it for travel as well (also nice to keep the brush sanitary). All in all, it's a nice, high quality brush that is worth the money. However, I feel like it will last and I will not need to repurchase, but even if I needed to, I wouldn't because it just isn't a holy grail to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by fadingdreamland

I am so happy to see this brush getting the recognition it deserves! This is honestly one of the best multi purpose brushes I've ever used. Some days I'll apply liquid foundation with it, others a finishing powder, and on rare occasion pot rouge. The way this brush was designed makes it so versatile! The bristes are densely packed for medium to heavy coversage and the flat head makes it easy to spread the product over the surface of the face and evenly at that! I love the application of this brush and how easily it can be cleaned. All in all, this is a great inexpensive brush with a wide range of product that can be applied as the handle is user friendly and overall stylish

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On a suggestion from a co-worker, I would have bought some very expensive MAC or Sigma brushes - but I did my own research and found this Sonia Kashuk Flat brush had good reviews and was inexpensive. It has not disappointed! I have used it successfully with both mineral and liquid foundations. It is soft, the bristles do not poke, and have not shed yet. I wash it regularly with anti-bacterial soap to avoid acne breakouts. At this point, it has proven to be a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy batman. This brush is probably my favorite make up brush! And believe me. I own A LOT of make up brushes. I discovered this a few years ago when I was in Target with my best friend, she knew nothing about foundation brushes and we came across this jewel. I convinced her to buy it, and since I didn't have the 16$ to shell out for it, I had to pass. Thankfully we lived together at the time, and I always found myself borrowing this brush for my foundation! and for my concealer, and for my powder, and for my mineral foundation, and for my bronzer, and my highlighter. LOL. This brush definitely lives up to the "multitasking" name. I began to use it almost more then she did! haha. (I washed it before I used it :P) Eventually, I bought my own, and it's my most used brush in my collection. It's sooooo soft, I absolutely cannot get over it...sometimes I just rub it on my face because it's just so darn soft...I adore it. Yes, it's very expensive for a drugstore brush, but honestly it's well worth every penny. 16$ is a fraction of a MAC brush, and in my opinion, this is a better quality brush. My personal favorite use for this is for liquid foundation....something about this brush just blends it out so beautifully, and it doesn't leave terrible streaks like a stippling brush sometimes does...I love how dense it is because it gives superior coverage, and you can buff out every imperfection on your face. I also really love the unique handle. Go buy it! You won't regret it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by MMDLS

Ok..this..brush..is..AMAZING! I bought it a week ago at Target (duh!) for 16 bucks. Yea...thats the only downside in my opinion lol yea im really cheap. But it is well worth the price let me tell ya! It applies liquid foundation so smoothly and evenly and the same goes for cream product. All u have to do is dip the brush, stipple onto ur face, and then lightly buff in to blend but since the brush is so good it pretty much does the job for u. The bristles are really soft so they dobt poke u at all and its smaller size allows u to get into those nooks and crannies around ur eyes and nose. The brush handle is pretty unique, its fits pretty good into the shape of ur hand when ur using it and its this cute shimmery black :) so pretty much what im trying to say is: this brush is BA u and I totally recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

I really love this brush - so much so that I ever forsook my beloved Real Techniques Buffing Brush!
I have used this with liquid and cream foundation and it works brilliantly with both.
At first I thought it would be way too small and it would take me ages to do my whole face, but it blends my foundation so effortlessly that it looks perfectly natural and it doesn't take me any more time than usually.
The bristles are very dense, but flexible enough to be gentle to the skin and they are so soft! Blends everything beautifully, it really does all the work for you.
The handle looks odd but it fits in my hand perfectly and it makes the application easier because it rests very securely between my fingers.
Because it the brush is so dense it is, of course, a bit harder to clean, but that's the case with all dense brushes. After lots of uses and washes it hasn't shed a hair or bled.
If I ever lost this, I would definitely repurchase it :-) I bought it on a blogsale for $12, I think, but it's totally worth the original price ($16ish).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

**UPDATE**
Okay, I've been playing around with this brush for the past couple of weeks, and I can honestly say I'm starting to REALLY like it. I've bumped it from a 2 to a 3.5 (4). I use this mainly for applying foundation (liquid, cream textures). Instead of brushing across the face, I lightly (emphasis on lightly) stipple and glide outwards in small quick strokes. I don't 'swirl' it. It's fast becoming my go to foundation brush, moving my MAC 188 aside (which I might just use for bronzer/blusher). It's almost on par with my Sephora Mineral brush. Bottom line: don't give up on brushes because I might just miss out on something as awesome as this. :)

I don't really like this brush...it's soft, and the handle is awesome. But, I just don't. Although I've only ever tried it for foundation, maybe I'll give bronzer & blush I shot. I don't want to write it off just yet, just haven't found the best way to use it yet, or best products to use it with. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite line of brushes hands down! This flat top synthetic in particular is my fave. I use it to buff and for blush and bronzer. I have had no shedding, or other negatives whatsoever compared to other MUAers. Have purchased Chanel, Lancome, Prescriptives, Benefit, Body Shop, Mac, and other brands of brushes and these Sonia Kashuk black handles are affordable and are long lasting. I have purchased the white handles and they are not as great as the individual black handles which are the higher end of her line. Only these! I also adore the ergonomic handle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like using this brush for bronzer (specifically, Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick). Traditional blush or powder brushes seemed too soft to pick up the shimmer brick makeup, but this brush is the perfect texture for it. It also is a good size for contouring with bronzer. It applies and buffs along the temples, cheeks and along the jawline very nicely. The flat shape allows great control of product placement and gives definition, but you can also buff and blend it out well. I have never tried using this for liquid foundation, but I did not like it for mineral powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by byrd813

This brush is a great brush,don't get me wrong it blends foundation like a dream, but two problems...the brush I feel is a little too small for an all over foundation face brush, its perfect for cream blushes though, number two, its very cheaply made, I've bought cheap brushes from Walmart and elf that have lasted me linger than this brush has, after the second washing the glue completely gave out and no matter what I do to put the bristles back on the ferrule, it just doesn't function correctly like I would like it too... So I'm basically looking half retarded with just the bristles and no hankde when I do my foundation and powder....I'm getting the new sigma sigmsx brush, it basically the same price and none if my sigma brushes have eve came apart.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No