December 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

My acne scars are fading but still somewhat visible. I absolutely HATE the traditional "paddle foundation brush." It doesn't blend your foundation! Leaves you with lines... it's just awful. I thought I had no choice until I watched a YouTube guru saying this is the best foundation brush she's ever used and she can afford MAC and all that (I'm a drugstore diva). Bought it, tried it, can't live without it. It's also great for blending concealer. It can be washed often and it never loses shape, I've had it for a year. I also bought a second one to blend all powder, bronzer and blush together and not make it look cakey. You won't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by neeshaluvsmakeup212

This product is heaven. Absolute complete heaven. I have the worst red and irritated, sensitive acne scars, and this product covers every spec of my skin flawalessly. my face looks airbrushed and i literally look like Kim Kardashian whenever i use this brush. I just really hope it doesn't get discontinued...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MakeMinahUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: $17
Coverage: Full
Application: Blend Well...VERY DENSE BRUSH. Best For Mouse & Liquid Foundation
Upkeep: Wash With Shampoo In Cool/Cold Water Every 1-2 Weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Homiekfizzle

I am in love!!! This is by far the best brush I own. I use it for my liquid/creme foundations and it blends beautifully. I wash it at least every 3 or 4 days and it has never shed or lost its shape (I've had it for a good 3 months now). All my other brushes are from elf because I refuse to spend a lot of money on brushes but this is so worth the $15. I will buy and buy and buy as long as they continue to make this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING. It is so dense and the bristles are SO soft. I've used to put on my liquid foundation over a year and have washed it multiple times. It never has shed and it still as soft as the day I bought it. Amazing brush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rudizzlekizzle

I love this brush! I've used it for all kinds of foundations: cream, liquid & powder. They have all applied flawlessly. The brush itself is incredibly soft and has a weird grip that works well. I still keep it in the little case it came in & it helps to not get it all dirty and whatnot. Kinda gross, but I've gone without washing this brush for about a month and it was fine. It did not break me out or get crusty or hard. I do wash it every other use now. I've had it for about 10 months now & it's still going strong. Will definitely repurchase. It's a brush that is a steal, amazing quality for only $15.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in love with this when i bought it. I have now owned it for around a yr and a half and its just a so so brush to me. I really wanted to use this for liquid foundation.
PROS:
brush size
quality
price

CONS
bristles too long
too dense

the brush is almost too dense, so when you are smoothing on your foundation it tends to pull the already dry foundation and make your face look patchy. then i find myself reapplying and i look cakey. also, the bristles are just a bit too long and so bc it is so dense and has longer bristles, when i swirl it on my face it doesnt move and this contributes to the pulling as well.
overall, i use it when i dont have my mini flat top from eco tools which i love and wish they made a full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush from Target to use for foundation application. It was pretty pricey for me, but in this case the quality of the brush made it worth it. I do not use this brush every day, but when I do a full face of makeup with foundation AND concealer, I will use this to achieve a blended out, full coverage look. The bristles hold their shape well, and I love the curved handle. It is VERY soft, not at all scratchy or harsh on the skin. The box it comes in is very classy packaging and I like it for travel as well (also nice to keep the brush sanitary). All in all, it's a nice, high quality brush that is worth the money. However, I feel like it will last and I will not need to repurchase, but even if I needed to, I wouldn't because it just isn't a holy grail to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by fadingdreamland

I am so happy to see this brush getting the recognition it deserves! This is honestly one of the best multi purpose brushes I've ever used. Some days I'll apply liquid foundation with it, others a finishing powder, and on rare occasion pot rouge. The way this brush was designed makes it so versatile! The bristes are densely packed for medium to heavy coversage and the flat head makes it easy to spread the product over the surface of the face and evenly at that! I love the application of this brush and how easily it can be cleaned. All in all, this is a great inexpensive brush with a wide range of product that can be applied as the handle is user friendly and overall stylish

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On a suggestion from a co-worker, I would have bought some very expensive MAC or Sigma brushes - but I did my own research and found this Sonia Kashuk Flat brush had good reviews and was inexpensive. It has not disappointed! I have used it successfully with both mineral and liquid foundations. It is soft, the bristles do not poke, and have not shed yet. I wash it regularly with anti-bacterial soap to avoid acne breakouts. At this point, it has proven to be a great buy.