November 22, 2014 | 1465 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by tmking

This stuff is fabulous! I will agree, the 'creamy' side should not be used under your eyes, it's too dry. But it does work very nicely on the face, and is especially good for dry skin you don't want to emphasize, and larger areas you wish to cover (like beside your nose). You can easily use this with just your finger for touch ups on the go, enough coverage for most jobs.

The extra coverage side is truly extra coverage and works great for spot concealing difficult blemishes. There is no longer anything I can't cover up with this stuff, a good brush, and enough time. You do need a concealer brush for this side, though, IMO. It's too thick and dry to easily transfer/apply without one.

This stuff is pricey, but by far the best concealer I've ever tried. I love that they have a perfect color match for me! For a PPP less than NC15 with yellow tones, that's often difficult (I have this in Meringue). Nice packaging too, I like that it comes with a mirror. Would definitely buy when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

I got two of these during the Sephora sale in Sesame to cover my dark under eye circles. I really hate it. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dry for undereyes and terrible to blend. I thought it would be great for blemishes, so I only sent back one. If you want to use this undereye, I think you'll be disappointed :( NC 20

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by stephel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had used Laura Mercier's concealer for years, but tried this after reading the raves on this site. I was beyond pleased with this concealer. The color range is fantastic (I can actually use any of 4-5 different shades). It stays put during the day, doesn't turn orange, and hasn't broken me out. .

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Monisha

I love this concealer! I have it in Pecan, and its slightly orange tone makes light work of the bluish dark circles under my eye and lifts the entire area. It also provides a superb base for my eye make up. I have repurchased this several times and can't see myself looking for elsewhere for another product when this one fulfils my needs so perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently ran out of my HG concealer (Cle de Peau), so I picked this up in Mallow (a yellow-based shade) during the infamous Sephora sale. It comes in a compact and contains two separate concealers; one for heavier coverage and one for medium coverage. It is definitely one of the better concealers I've tried; it covers beautifully and stays on all day long. It does not smear or settle into fine lines. My only complaint about this product is that the texture is on the dry side so it is a little hard to blend. It would be great if it was just a little creamier. I would definitely buy this concealer again: Even at full-price ($35), it is a much better bargain than the Cle de Peau concealer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Meringue, a very fair yellow based shade. This is one of only 2 concealers I have ever tried that felt like an exact match for my skin (BB Porcelain being the other). The compact is similiar in design to Becca's larger powder compacts but smaller. The concealer duo consists of two half-size pans - 1 full coverage and 1 medium coverage and a mirror. I use the full coverage for blemishes and other discolorations and the medium for undereye circles. For undereye application, this should be applied after a good eye cream. I always apply with a concealer brush. This product lasts better than any other concealer I have tried. I have been a big fan of Becca products, even prior to the Sephora sale so I would repurchase. For reference, lighter than NC15 / Becca Sand LSC/ BB Porcelain with dryish sensitive acne prone skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by floridanurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My local Sephora had some of these left at 75% off. Normally $35. I couldn't resist as I found the perfect color. I usually use Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer but decided to try the Becca. I have horrid undereye circles and it did an excellent job of covering but it is a little difficult to blend. I found blending the two sides worked better for me. It also did a great job covering a few brown spots on my cheeks. I said that I wouldn't buy again because I wouldn't at regular price. I will use this until it's gone though then go back to my beloved Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by dropsofJupiter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! It comes with two coverages, one is a bit heavier than the other and the compact is divided in half for this. The color matches I got is excellent and I had a hard time picking because there were so many shades with subtle differences to let you get the perfect one. It felt like a dry thick cream, and seemed at first like this would be only for special occasions but I used it under my eyes and was amazed at the way it blended and did not settle into any lines. I used it with the Stick Foundation which I also love. If you can't find a concealer to match, you must see this brand and give it a try. I am PPP with normal to dry skin but the color range covers many deep tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I have ever tried BECCA. This line has a huge selection of shades. There's bound to be a shade for almost anyone. I have very oily skin and contrary to what others have posted, I don't feel that it applies very thick. I like the coverage that the one on the left gives, but I the lighter -coverage one on the right just seems to slip off. I will not be repurchasing this because you already don't get much for your money, then if I only use the left half....guess I'll have to go back to MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reason why I love this concealer is because it lasts all day on my oily skin, looks very natural when applied properly, and the color match is great. I have never come across a natural-looking concealer that stayed on me all day without fading or smearing off except for Becca. I use Tahini for my fair, untanned yellow based skin. You will most likely find a good match if you spend the effort to explore the many different shades and try out a few. I still need to use a moderate amount of moisturizer on the spots where I put this concealer beforehand (the product is very thick and dry compared to most concealers). This thickness is both a pro and con, because it provides good, layerable coverage, but at the same time can be hard to blend and control sometimes. The application takes practice, but once you master it this concealer is fantastic. I recommend this for those with oily to normal skin. I find it best for discoloration, acne scars, etc. It is not ideal for undereye use because of the thick formulation, but I have used it as undereye concealer before with decent results. On the bad side, it is expensive and you don't get a whole lot of product for your money. Still HG!