November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Blend Eye Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by fromsmithwlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly run of the mill eye pencil. I have it in black brown, and have used it as both an eyebrow pencil and eyeliner. The smudger is fairly useless, I've found that a moistened q-tip works a good deal better. Definitely keep this liner sharp, as it tends to smear if you let it get dull. I like to keep this in my bag, since I wouldn't be heartbroken if it broke, and it comes with a cover on the end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is by far THE best eyeliner pencil I have ever used. I have other Cover Girl eyeliners that aren't nearly as good as this one.

I didn't actually buy this product; my sister gave it to me the other day because she's had it forever and she doesn't use it. I tried it and fell in love. It goes on sooooo much smoother and darker than all my other eyeliners. The one that I have is very black and it truly is very dark when applied, plus it doesn't fade.

It is so easy to use because the pencil is soft, kind of like kohl; I don't have to force it on or stretch the skin around my eyes in order to apply it. Plus it has a little sponge on the opposite side so that you can create a smokey eye look. I don't use the sponge because I have black eyeshadows for that but it is a very nice idea.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I just looked at the CG website in hopes that they still make this liner - and thankfully they do! I am definitely purchasing this when I run out. I seriously just threw away a couple of other eyeliners because I love this one sooo much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by CrazyDaisy06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first eyeliner I ever tried when I started wearing makeup, and I haven't found anything better since. Here are the main points of this eyeliner...

*It is easy to apply
*It works for all types of makeup looks (from smokey eyes to natural school looks)
*Blends, well...perfectly!
*Lasts for a long time
*Good colors (I bought it in Mink and Very Black)

Overall, an amazing product! I give it 4 out of 5 stars!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by niecie2k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cobalt Blue - If you open it up and attempt to use it, forget about it. It's hard. Talk about tugging.......BUT BUT BUT. I lit the tip and put it on after I blew it cool of course and WOW. What a gorgeous blue and it stayed on AND DID NOT SMUDGE all day. Not bad for cheapy cover girl. This was on my waterline too. It wasn't perfect - did bunch up in the corners of my eye and had to touch up a teensy bit of smudging on the ends BUT the blue was stunning and it did stay on surprisingly well. I will keep it in the make up bag and use it again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are great for smokey, smudgy looks. I have them in Black/Brown and Charcoal. I like the built in smudge tip. They're still pretty durable even though I've had them forever. I get good color with these, but I recommend setting them with a powder if you have oily lids. The liner can travel a little bit, but I usually don't wear exact lines, so that's alright with me. They sharpen well and I always seem to lose the caps, but overall I'll continue to repurchase these liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by lissb

I bought this in 'Basic Black'. The colour is not pigmented enough for me.
You have to tug a lot to get any sort of line out of this, and the formula is way too hard. I have never got a straight line from this eyeliner, and I hardly ever use it anymore!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For some reason I had it in my head that these were decent pencils and I was just terrible at applying pencil eyeliner, because no matter how often I practised, my eyeliner never looked any good. Now I've tried a different brand, I realise it's these pencils and not me! The pencil is so hard that you really have to push and drag to get some colour payoff...but because of the forceful application, the line becomes uneven and jagged. Why I bought three of them, I have no idea! I think I quite liked the smudger on the end. But that doesn't make up for the terrible pencil. I'm glad I've found the reason why pencil eyeliner never looks good on me, but I'm grumpy that I've wasted my money...thankfully not too much though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

This is eyeliner is meh. The colors are nice, but they don't glide on very easily. I really have to work to get the color payoff I want. It also doesn't go on well over shadow at all. Instead, it picks up the shadow and I have to wipe off the pencil and try again to get a line. Not good.

The sponge smudger on the other end is nice, though. I like to use it to apply powder eyeshadow as liner since it has a nice point.

I'd buy a different liner if I were you. There are better pencils out there for even cheaper, like WetnWild or Jordana.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this eyeliner and that surprises me. I usually don't use Covergirl products becuase I generally think they're junk. Anyways, I only picked it up because I can't seem to find the Physicians Formula Talc Free Eyeliner pencil anywhere and gave up and bought this.

I like to use pencils for my lower lashline rather than cream or liquid and this stuff worked great. I was skeptical, but I've had it on for almost 9 hours and it looks the same way it did when I first put it on. I'm truly impressed.

The smudger on the end works great.

My only complaint is that this pencil does not seem like it will last line. I think I will have to sharpen it in no time and it's already a small pencil. I think I paid $3 for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner because it has a built-in smudger and because I can create soft lines. You kind of have to work at it a little because the formula doesn't "glide" on. I have been using this liner in black for over 6 years and I still prefer it over many other brands. To prevent smudging, I apply primer to my eyelids and lower lash line. I recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.