Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 5/12/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is truly a soothing cleanser. I prefer cleansing milks over any other type of cleansing product and I have tried dozens, but this is by far the best of the bunch. I am on a complete Hauschka regime and I use this in the evening to remove the little makeup I use and cleanse the skin it does the job perfectly. I am prone to allergies, and this does not irritate my skin at all, even if I get it in the eye, I can just gently rub it out and my eyes don't even tingle. So reassuring!

I know Hauschka receives a lot of mixed reviews, but I am so happy I decided to try it. As some of you know, according to the Hauschka dermatologists this is supposed to be the second last step of your night regime before the toner (ie. you are not supposed to use any moisturiser at night) and I really feel it is adequate even for my dry skin. I now wake up with glowing skin even though I used no night cream. Amazing!

The only con is the glass bottle. The pump has a closing function, but Im not sure it is reliable enough to take the bottle with me travelling. But they sell small travel versions of this one at a low price. The travel minis are quite cheap, about 2-3 bucks for a 10 ml bottle that is an excact duplicate of the standard container, and they can be refilled, so I plan to get on of those.

on 5/2/2010 5:07:00 AM

i love how rich (yet not oily) this cleansing milk feels on my skin! Removes every bit of makeup (even the waterproof eyeliner & mascara) !!

On days when my skin feels a little dry, using this cleansing milk simply replenishes the moisture! I LOVE IT!!!!

on 4/19/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am almost at the bottom of this product.Well I have dry skin,so it was comfortable to use during the winter,it lasted me 4-5 month only for night time cleaning.But I wouldnt buy again for 2 reasons,first I think it doesnt clean well,I dont know if only me have such feeling,and the other reason is pump it is striking and I have problem to get product out of bottle,it is annoying.
Also I dont like heave glass bottle. I much more like Ahava cleaner milk.

on 3/27/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Great moisturizing cleanser!
It does contain Limonene, however it is not a carcinogen, (as mention in a prior review), actually quite the opposite.
Limonene Properties:

Studies have shown that limonene have anti- cancer effects. Limonen increase the levels of liver enzymes involved in detoxifying carcinogens. The Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a system which eliminates carcinogens. Limonene seems to promote the GST system in the liver and small bowel, thereby decreasing the damaging effects of carcinogens. Animal studies demonstrated that dietary limonene reduced mammary tumor growth.

on 2/7/2010 9:06:00 AM

In my view this cleansing milk is the best that I personally tried. It leaves my skin very moisturized and baby-soft. I even leave it sometimes (when I feel like that) overnight instead of the cream and the effect is gorgeous!

I actually did it accidentially the first time - one evening was so tired that, after washing and cleansing my face, just had strength ehough to reach the bed and fall asleep. :) And, to my surprise, the nest morning I woke up with a very fresh glowy complexion!

Also must say that, in spite of the fact that I am very allergic since childhood, almost all Dr. Hauschka's products match my skin perfectly. The only problem is... a bit pricy.

on 1/11/2010 5:13:00 PM

I used this cleanser for several months, but in the end it was a little too rich for my skin and I started to get pretty oily. It doesn't work at all as a make-up remover. It is very gentle and not at all stripping, but not the right product for me. I will probably give it a try again down the road if my skin begins to dry out as I age.

on 1/11/2010 4:42:00 PM

Yes, it takes a while to get used to this and to see results, but I love how it has calmed and soothed my skin. Really feels like it's feeding my skin and also removing mineral makeup/dirt off my face. I've used it morning and night for over a month now and I'm still happy. Sometimes at night I also use the cleansing cream on my oily Tzone and that has helped too. Gentle but effective. And I still have over 3/4's of the bottle, so it will last a long time! (normally just use 1 squirt for my entire face). My sensitive skin does a little dance at night after using this!

Edited to say when the weather warmed up this cleanser was not powerful enough to keep my pores clean. My rosacea flared up and I ended up switching to a different product because this just wasn't doing the job well.

on 11/5/2009 10:27:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of scrubbing my face up with cleansers. Don't preach either, because I'm getting old & people are guessing that I'm 10 years younger than I really am... SO...
Momma always said, "Never use soap on that face, or you'll wrinkle!" So I didn't & I don't... Mostly I keep it sparse... Warm water followed by rose water, or sometimes a rose water & witch hazel duet. I use an occasional mask & exfoliate, too. But sometimes I just need to slather my face with a product to feel happier & satisfied & this product is it for me. Helps remove traces of my makeup without turning me into an old hag.

Not much of a smell, not much of a pleasure, but seems to work great with my skin.

on 11/5/2009 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I guess whether it can remove makeup or not depends on what kind of makeups you use, this cleansing milk definitely does not clean non-natural based makeup. It works well on DH's cosmetic products. I normally do not use makeup and it works well for me, usually use it in fall/ winter, because it leaves the skin with a slight oily coat after rinsing.

on 10/19/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It has taken me some time to get used to this cleanser. The smell, texture and price were initially not its most positive factors but over the last 6 months I have grown to love the clean healthy feeling of my skin, the lack of breakouts and the calming effect on my rosacea. This cleanser does not dry out my skin or leave an oily residue on my (already oily) t zone. It has become my hg cleanser and along wih Dr H's Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive has become my foolproof night time routine. Couldn't recommend this cleanser highly enough but as I found it does not work overnight, stick with it for at least a month to let your skin get used to and respond to it.