July 24, 2014 | 1951 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess whether it can remove makeup or not depends on what kind of makeups you use, this cleansing milk definitely does not clean non-natural based makeup. It works well on DH's cosmetic products. I normally do not use makeup and it works well for me, usually use it in fall/ winter, because it leaves the skin with a slight oily coat after rinsing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It has taken me some time to get used to this cleanser. The smell, texture and price were initially not its most positive factors but over the last 6 months I have grown to love the clean healthy feeling of my skin, the lack of breakouts and the calming effect on my rosacea. This cleanser does not dry out my skin or leave an oily residue on my (already oily) t zone. It has become my hg cleanser and along wih Dr H's Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive has become my foolproof night time routine. Couldn't recommend this cleanser highly enough but as I found it does not work overnight, stick with it for at least a month to let your skin get used to and respond to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by martagreen

I thought I would love this product, but I was disappointed. It's supposed to be good for dry skin, but it dried my skin out even more. It smells like bug spray. And, it didn't do a very good job of removing makeup, even though it claims to. The ingredients are wonderful, but it does contain limonene as a naturally occurring compound in the fragrance, which I've read is a possible carcinogen. Also, I found it a bit pricey (I paid about CAN$40) for a cleanser, even a natural one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this with a Clarisonic -- no press and roll for me -- and it works great. My skin has gotten sensitive since I started on Juice Beauty Apple Serum, so I have to move on due to the alcohol content in this. I still like to use it with the clay mask though and will go back to it if I ever stop using AHAs. Unfortunately, due to my combo/acne skin, I have got to use those.
FYI - to enjoy this product, you must use a moist washcloth to rinse off completely. For Haushka, I had a great experience ordering from Dusson and Beautorium which often have great sales. Regularly, this retails for 36 USD..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by wisienka76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product, so gentle, does not irritate my sensitive eyes, will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the HG of all cleansers, I think its one constant in my bathroom. Although expensive the next best thing is Weleda. The cleansing milk, does a thorough job, I dont use make-up so I normally alternate this between the cleansing cream. Gentle and refreshing for my sensitive skin. Go get some! EDIT: unfortunately this is not a cost effective product for me any more, as much as I like this! Dr Hauschka is a high end range and although does wonders for my skin I simply can't maintain a routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jstastny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a very bad experience with this product that literally left my face itching and burning (the burning would wake me up at night) worse than when I started with it (to address an irritation from another product). I read one of the reviews below and now wonder if it was the grains (I am usually good with products that have no lanolin or paraben and could not figure out why I had this reaction).

I even used the sensitive skin ampules to try and soothe my face, but after a few weeks of use I figured that the product was irritating my skin (duh).

I ended up trying the product again maybe a month or so later (after my skin calmed down) and the problem started all over again, so I tossed it.

While I know of two other people who had the exact same reaction that I did, I also know others who have used this product and loved it as much as some of the reviewers here.

Ultimately I switched all of my skin care and make up to other organic lines (Suki, Talulah, Nvey Eco) and have never had this problem again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ks123

I dont use this as a cleanser per say, but mixed with the Dr H Clay Mask to stop it drying out (which it is not meant to). A Dr H esthetician recommended that i use 1 tsp of the clay mask, 2 pumps of the cleanser, 4 sprays of the clarifying toner and a couple of pumps of the lavender bath to make the perfect mask for my acne prone and inflamed skin. Works an absolute treat and really calms the skin, reduces pores - i have seen a great improvement in my skin since using this combination once or twice a week. As i am only using it in my mask it lasts ages making it really cost efficient!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is nice light cleansing milk,with smooth light texture.Also it makes so gentle feeling when You use it on the face,but I think this doesn't remove make up the way it should.It is not strong enough to remove foundations.I think this milk is good for cleansing face when You don't use make up,as well for people who has very sensitive skin.But,I expect from cleansing milk to make my face CLEAN,but this one doesn't do that good enough.So,I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lammtron

Smells nice enough but very expensive considering it is compleetly ineffective at removing make-up.