April 17, 2014 | 1901 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownSista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read of this first on Amazon but purchased from saluxshop.com to keep from getting a fake version posters said they were receiving.

Like many of you, I fell in love instantly. I knew I would never use anything else the moment it touched my body. I bought my 16-year old daughter one this week and she is in love as well.

I use it all over, face included, but I do not scrub or apply any pressure at all... You don't need to.

And yes, with repeated use your skin does start to feel amazingly soft. The skin on my face is incredibly soft (avoid using on the delicate are under the eye) and those annoying bumps on my elbows are now smooth.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cheap and VERY good for exfoliation. I like that it is washing machine safe. Bought two and rotate them. Whilst I would recommend, I am sure there are alternatives out there, that you do not have to import all the way from Japan. e.g. a harsh shower loofah or rough flannel.

Definitely good for in-growing hairs, & dry skin exfoliation & as a cellulite scrubber.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by DarkAngel820

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received my Salux clothes in the mail Saturday and I LOVE THEM!!! They are 100x's better than loofahs and gloves. My skin has been plump and soft since Saturday. I don't think I will ever go back to gloves ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these for at least fifteen years. It's funny but sometimes I'll get bored of my bath and shower routine, and I'll buy some other method of exfoliation- loofah-like gloves, traditional back scrub brushes, those nylon poufs that unravel too quickly, sea sponges, tubs of gritty goop from Lush or wherever. Eventually I get impatient with the results- either they don't actually exfoliate well enough, or they just don't dry out quickly enough to stay sanitary, or they just fall apart, and I come back to the good old Salux bath towel, because even though a brand new one is so gritty that it makes me feel like I'm flaying myself alive, nothing else exfoliates quite like it. After a shower with one of these, lotions just melt in to my skin.

They're cheap at my local Uwajimaya, they dry quickly after use, and can be tossed into the washing machine. There's really no comparison, so just buy one. If you don't like it, you can find other household uses for it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great find thanks to MUA. I used to exfoliate in the shower using body brushes or rough sponges (e.g. body shop), but they used to take ages to dry so I always felt they were slightly unhygienic. This one dries very quickly and after doing a great job.
Lathers up wonderfully, long enough to use as a back scrub, and gives just the right amount of scrubbing.

Would not recommend using this Bath Towel on the face, neck or décolleté area because it is too harsh. I use it up to right under the breast, but once got carried away and swept it across the décolleté and came out in an angry red rash.
Other than that, perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how this towel can make my soaps and body washes last so much longer because you need so much less to get a good lather. Like others have said, it dries up quickly so I worry less about germs. It feels kind of like a loofah but is long and rectangular like a towel. It's great for reaching your back and gives a good exfoliation. Mine is starting to lather a little less but it's been around 6 months so that's still a pretty good run. I use it with Philosophy's Purity bar soap and then moisterize with whipped coconut oil and Shea butter. I'm a soft skinned lady! Reordering another Salux now!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

Can't live without this! I buy a new one every couple months and feel so incomplete without it in the shower. Leaves me skin feeling thoroughly clean and softened. Loofahs don't cut it for me anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

tbc asap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by TaiXiao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This towel is the best thing you could ever get! I got this towel at an oriental store near where i live. When I first used it. It hurt so much LOL but that's because there are these things on the towel that will exfoliate your skin, and remove and dead skins or dirt on your body. After I took a shower and dried myself, my entire body felt like a baby's butt. xD If I ever lose this thing. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by tmoney1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came across reviews for this product and had to throw my 2 cents in. I absolutely love this bath towel and have been using it for years! - literally since elementary school. My mom would get them from Asian grocery stores in the neighborhood. I left mine behind in a hotel once and was heart broken because I couldn't find a similar style towel. They leave skin silky smooth. When used gently on your face they give your complexion a healthy, smooth glow! Love it!