December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by minicapybara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A confession here: I bought this for no other reason than I wanted the GWP from The Bay. I don't use any foundation at all. After getting my rosacea skin treated with Gemini laser 2 years ago, all I wear is the Shiseido SPF 38 sunscreen for face and some concealer. Sure I have a powder for my extra-oily T-Zone but that's about it. However, as I was browsing for something that'll qualify me for the GWP without going ridiculously over the minimum purchase ($28.50 CAD if you want to know), I saw this product off to the side. It's basically a sunscreen powder, with 13% titanium dioxide and 2% octinoxate, and it's $31. Any additional physical sunscreen is good for me, so I took a closer look.

Have to say the colour selection proved a bit disappointing for me; I'm on the light-medium side in terms of skin tone and there was literally ONE shade for me - 03 Light. Fair was too light and Neutral was too dark. Ultimately, this being a powder, I figured it wouldn't be too big an issue if the colour is a bit off. Time to go home with this little green compact and the coveted GWP (so cute - but that's another story).

I applied this powder with my EcoTools bamboo bronzer brush - a dab of powder, lightly buffed on. I was a bit surprised to see some coverage coming out of this...granted it's sheer, but overall it definitely evens out my skin tone some. I DID notice there is a slightest white cast due to the titanium dioxide, but as someone who wears 9.4% zinc oxide daily, what's another bit of white cast? Nevertheless if that's not what you like, do keep in mind this potential.

How does it wear? Not too bad, actually. It keeps shine at bay for my T-Zone for about 3 hours (and yes, for an oil slick like me, that's "not too bad"). It's a better record than the powder I was using, which is Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. No clogged pores from this, either...but then again I tolerate physical sunscreen ingredients remarkably well. To reiterate, if you haven't had good experiences with higher percentage of zinc oxide or titanium oxide, go for another powder.

Overall I'm quite happy my desperation for the GWP brought me to this. I wish it were cheaper but hey, then I wouldn't have gotten my GWP (ha). Toss the sponge and use a good quality brush, and this is a "heavier" powder that just might give you enough coverage if you're going for a sheer finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by victoriaarcher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely textured powder. I use this over my BB Cream or over a light foundation like Aqua Lumiere to set and mattify. Perfects my skin and takes away any shine, never leaves a cakey or over-made up look. Keep it in my handbag all the time and use it every day. A great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

I bought this powder on a whim and I am thrilled I did!

I bought Neutral Fair (a shade darker than I am supposed to wear) for a little more color. I use a buffing brush to get more coverage and it is certainly more coverage than the marketed sheer coverage. I never receive as many complements as when I wear this powder as a foundation.

I also love the 15 spf in this makeup. I feel like you can never have enough spf on! The only thing I wish they did was provide a brush with this as I felt the sponge was more than uselss with this product.

I will repurchase soon as I have hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AngelaMarie77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS STUFF!! I think it gives better than the sheer coverage it promises. It's light weight and lasts the whole day! I have combination skin, so I do have to either use oil absorbing sheets or touch up my nose and forehead with powder through out the day. But this gives your skin an even, natural look. It's so easy to apply! I have to say, this is probably my all-time favorite foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by lreed89

I've been using this product for over a year, and it's the best powder I've tried so far. I like Clinique products, and this was actually recommended to me as a product that provided good coverage - despite it being advertised as "sheer".

I use it over my regular liquid foundation and it definitely finishes off of the look well, an almost flawless finish. It can look flakey if your skin isn't moisturized, but used the right way, this is a great product.

The price could be better, but beggars can't be choosers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore MAC's studiofix in C4 before this. I've lost a lot of color over the winter, so needed to find a better match. I have darker Asian skin and I am using Almost Powder in "Deep." It looks nice indoors and in the sunlight. I was glancing a my makeup all day! And honestly, I love the marbled green packaging! It reminds me of my childhood, watching my aunts put on their Clinique powder! The one thing I dislike is that it doesn't have a separate compartment for your sponge. Oh well.
This brand has always been good for me. Very mild, fresh colors. I always come back to these products.

Good so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sarakelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this product for a couple of years and really like it. It's great over a light foundation to keep you matte and to add a little more coverage without looking heavy. It also offers good coverage alone over primer, and feels weightless and breathable. If I have a blemish or spot to cover, I use the sponge that comes with this product, dab on a little of the powder, and voila - the blemish is covered completely and without the gross cakey look concealer leaves behind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by leeni03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have bought this twice and have used it as a finishing powder rather than foundation. Loved this because no.3 (Light, I think it's called?) was the perfect colour for me! My make up was perfect!! Unfortunately both times, the make up in the case always fell out of its position and ended up cracking/ breaking and so I'd be left with pieces in the green case. Ugh. I got pretty sick of that because after the pieces was broken it was a mess to to open and put the powder on so stopped buying it- also because I stopped wearing makeup for a while. Other than that, it's a pretty awesome powder, I wish the fitting of the case was better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by chloe425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a BM wearer, but I wanted a powder foundation that I could travel with that was not so messy. I origninally bought this in medium, but with my summer tan, I had to go up a shade to deep. I really like this product, but I recommend applyng in layers. If you put too much on, it can look rather heavy. Also, I have rather oily skin, and it seems to do a decent job of keeping my from shining. I will contiune to buy and hope maybe on day BM will make a compact foundation. I find their product to be slightly superior due to the fact that they offer more color options and a more natural finish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow undertones.

No good match. Dior 021 or Shiseido O20 powder foundations have much complimentary tones (not pinky or peachy). Gave it 3 lippies cuz I can't give it worse since my opinion is only based on color, not real wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No