September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore MAC's studiofix in C4 before this. I've lost a lot of color over the winter, so needed to find a better match. I have darker Asian skin and I am using Almost Powder in "Deep." It looks nice indoors and in the sunlight. I was glancing a my makeup all day! And honestly, I love the marbled green packaging! It reminds me of my childhood, watching my aunts put on their Clinique powder! The one thing I dislike is that it doesn't have a separate compartment for your sponge. Oh well.
This brand has always been good for me. Very mild, fresh colors. I always come back to these products.

Good so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sarakelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this product for a couple of years and really like it. It's great over a light foundation to keep you matte and to add a little more coverage without looking heavy. It also offers good coverage alone over primer, and feels weightless and breathable. If I have a blemish or spot to cover, I use the sponge that comes with this product, dab on a little of the powder, and voila - the blemish is covered completely and without the gross cakey look concealer leaves behind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by leeni03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have bought this twice and have used it as a finishing powder rather than foundation. Loved this because no.3 (Light, I think it's called?) was the perfect colour for me! My make up was perfect!! Unfortunately both times, the make up in the case always fell out of its position and ended up cracking/ breaking and so I'd be left with pieces in the green case. Ugh. I got pretty sick of that because after the pieces was broken it was a mess to to open and put the powder on so stopped buying it- also because I stopped wearing makeup for a while. Other than that, it's a pretty awesome powder, I wish the fitting of the case was better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by chloe425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a BM wearer, but I wanted a powder foundation that I could travel with that was not so messy. I origninally bought this in medium, but with my summer tan, I had to go up a shade to deep. I really like this product, but I recommend applyng in layers. If you put too much on, it can look rather heavy. Also, I have rather oily skin, and it seems to do a decent job of keeping my from shining. I will contiune to buy and hope maybe on day BM will make a compact foundation. I find their product to be slightly superior due to the fact that they offer more color options and a more natural finish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow undertones.

No good match. Dior 021 or Shiseido O20 powder foundations have much complimentary tones (not pinky or peachy). Gave it 3 lippies cuz I can't give it worse since my opinion is only based on color, not real wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by nadiagee

I love this product! It gives my face very good coverage and hides my dark spots even zits. I apply it on top my concealer but i do not need to put on foundation. It is good for everyday wear and I definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for something not too light or heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by eanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally writing a review after years of using this!

A little background: I'm acne prone/combo, broken capillaries, sensitive to whatever I stick on my face. Also using Differin and Erythromycin 2% topical for acne. I use CeraVe moisturizer (no spf) as a primer, and cleanse with Cetaphil. If I need extra moisture, I use Clinique Moisture Surge Intense at night (too tacky for day use).

I use a very soft EcoTools Kabuki brush to apply. Almost Powder looks mostly natural and stays put for about 8 hours in the office, then I blot/touch up some shine before I leave or before going to dinner. It can settle in to lines a bit, but not enough to upset me. I prefer powders, light to medium coverage, and it does well. I can get away with very little concealer using it.

Overall, my only complain is the color matching. 03 Light is a smidgen dark/pink for me, and 02 is ok in the winter only (with lots of moisture so I don't look like a ghost with it).

After trying so many different powder foundations (my apologies to Ulta), I keep coming back to my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Very pleased with this purchase. I actually got this because my cousin (who was staying over) had gorgeous glowing and healthy skin--or seemed to have.
All days she had kohl on...but sometimes she looked incredible, and sometimes just normal. So she told me that she was using this Clinique powder and some eyeliner on the "awesome" days. So I got this and it's awesome. I thought Diorskin nude sculpting powder was great, but I think i prefer this. It makes my skin look good. My acne marks disappear, but there's no cakiness. It's finely milled, just like the Dior powder. I use the provided sponge.
Btw you need to get a good colour match. The lady matched me to neutral and neutral fair --but I tried on medium just in case, and it matched better than the other two. The other two looked kinda obvious and ugly, and this one was invisible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this pressed powder recently to set my foundation and I absolutely hate it. It is so powdery, not finely milled and leaves you with a matte finish- and not a nice matte finish but a literal dead looking matte finish. Even with a the lightest hand on a powder brush, using next to no product, this made me look so cakey and like I had so much foundation and powder on my face. Now I know Clinique is notorious for their hypoallergenic products but just as a warning, the second I put this on my face my skin got all itch and bumpy which has never happened to me with any cosmetic. Lastly though you could call this a low blow point, the packaging of this powder and basically all Clinique products is horrible. It makes me feel like I raided my grandmas reject makeup bag from the 1960's. Come on Clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by erappelt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just recently switched my powder after getting over the whole bare minerals fad. I love it. It has great coverage without feeling too cakey, and I'm glad that it does not at all contribute to acne, which I was concerned about when switching my make-up. So far so good, and it's the same price as a bare mineral foundation with smoother coverage.