September 30, 2014 | 1117 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. Goes on easy and is very lightweight. Helps makeup last longer and stay on my face throughout the day. Has helped reduce shininess as well. At less than $10, it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Smaller pores, more even skin tone, not greasy or slippery. I like the way that this reduces the amount of foundation I need. I have been wearing this with just powder and it gives a nice, natural, every day look. Progress in my search for the no foundation look, while at the same time evening it all out and reducing shiny redness and pores :) I'm happy 'cos its so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MUBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As many have mentioned, this comes out of a tube and is orangy- like a mix of apricot and dark orange. I have been in the search for a good primer that will hide the pores on my nose, which have appeared in a really expanded form the last few years. I have tried many brands just plainly alone as well as underneath foundations, even though I don't really need it to extend the life of my makeup, in the hopes that it would help my foundation cover up my pores. But I haven't been able to find anything. Sometimes, if I get lucky, I will run into a foundation that will help minimixe my pores, yet the nose pores are the most prominent. I tried this on and it covered up 95% of the pores on my nose - without foundation. Even though it is orange, it doesn't leave an orange stain, but it does leave a light "tone," which I am very fine with because I have found that with most primers, they get rubbed off when applying makeup So if you are trying to conceal pores, applying foundation or powder on top, whether by hand or brush just doesn't work. So I use only this on my nose and makeup on the rest of my face. Today, I walked out of my house with just this on my nose and some blush. I am so darn psyched.
The texture is not the slick silicone texture, but more of a light lotion. But when it dries down, I noticed my nose looked a bit dry(like in a cakey way) and the primer sunk into my pores. So I don't recommend this for dry skin types. Even though the result was not perfect, I am going to experiment with this, perhaps layering anothr primer underneath, of which I have too many, with this on top. This way, it won't settle into the pores, yet hide my pores better than any primer I have tried so far. No primer is perfect or will give you everything you want. I heard a MUArtist say that she mixes different primers to get the results she wants, so I am going to try that with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by leilaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer is awesome! It works very well with my acne scarring and fine lines. It has a orange tint, but it does not matter since it blends into your skin very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by livin4cafe

I use this primer under my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse to make it last all day. I'm a NC15 and the primer gives me a little base color which is much needed. It makes the makeup last all during my workday and smoothes out fine lines. Just purchased my second tube today and I really love it. Don't understand all the hating on this product. Only downer on this is it doesn't work well in super hot weather. Since I live in Chicago, it's a mute point.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Works for me. I see a lot of negative reviews but this is the only face primer I can find that doesn't break me out and it's helps my foundation (usually Studio Fix Fluid) last. Maybe it just really works well with MAC Studio Fix Fluid and not other foundations, I don't know. I would repurchase again. Just for reference I have super oily skin and I put on about a dime amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While i like rimmel products, this i dont. Im used to a clear primer, this was tinted a beigey orange like color. I figured id still give it a try. Well it evened out my warm complexion and blended to where it was visible. However at the end of the day i developed pimples on my chin. Nothing in my skincare routine changed but this. This stuff is a pass and may have find another drugstore brand that works.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by DeeRyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super average primer. Does nothing but make my skin feel a BIT smoother than before. Makeup had the same lasting power with or without it. Would not repurchase at all. I prefer the Maybelline Age Rewind primer to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty average primer in my opinion. The claims on the tube make it look like some kind of miracle worker, but in reality, it just makes my skin smooth. It has a makeup-y smell and comes out white. When applied to the skin, it thins out to be clear. It leaves my oily skin with a semi-matte finish, but doesn't control oil very well. I would not repurchase this because it's basically just average, and my Monistat chafing relief gel does a better job at smoothing and controlling my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I don't like this primer at all, mostly because of the coloring. I mean, it's orange. I bought it in 001, which is supposed to be a neutral shade, but it comes out as way too dark and warm for my skin. The color doesn't fade, either. It sticks around and oxidizes. I don't find it does much in keeping my makeup in place as long as my other primers, and for the overall look, it's just not worth it. I've been on the hunt for a great drugstore primer for awhile, and this is not it. If you want a cheaper alternative, try the Revlon Photoready version. It's colorless, smooth and will keep your makeup in place for at least half the day (on oily skin). I wanted to like this, but it was a HUGE flop for me. I'm giving it to a friend with darker, warmer-toned skin. On fair girls, it's a disaster.