April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh - doesn't do much at all - won't repurchase....no point.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer because I had never used primer before, and it was the least expensive option. The first thing I noticed was that it came out of the tube a peach/orange color. I knew from pictures of more costly primers that it should probably be clear. I don't understand why they sold it in this color when very few people are orange-skinned. Anyway, I tried it and just was not impressed. My foundation applied a bit more smoothly and some of my pores were masked, but there was no continued staying power. It was also frustrating to wait for the primer to dry and set in before using foundation. I kept it in my makeup collection, but I noticed that I almost never want to use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am fair skinned. I went to get a primer and found this. I knew there were a lot of good reviews on this so I wanted to try this out. When I saw the product out of the tube it was orange!! I am fair skinned so that is a big NO for me. I thought maybe it wouldn't look bad on my skin so I used it in tiny amounts. It looked like an oxidized foundation!!! It is not gonna work for me. Also, it has a strange smell to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this primer and only use it on special occasions as I found this primer to go on best on top of my concealer. As strange as it sounds it doesn't work that great under neath my concealer or tinted moisturizer. But I also can wear it alone on days when I'm running errands. But I wouldn't repurchase as it is my first face primer. Will be trying other primers when I use this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only foundation primer I used so far is Rimmel's Fix and Perfect. The colour of it is not to be a threat as it is an apricot shade, it does blend invisibly and leaves the skin feeling quite soft and smooth. It definitely holds on to the foundation well and keeps it lasting almost all day. The packaging is your standard cream plastic bottle and for some odd reason I like the light scent it has.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I give it a 3 instead of a 5 because when putting it on my face, it did take a few minutes to let it dry and set, why I took off 2 stars, also with the fact that the consistency is a lot like lotion and thinner..or less silicon-y than other primers which at first scared me and I thought it would not work and not cover anything. It's not as thick as some higher end primers that I prefer so it doesn't seem to last as long as an under eye primer, so if you have severe looking pores, or noticeable fine lines this won't do the job. It's pretty great, however- and does the job for me, not as thick and heavy duty and blurs imperfections like Avon Magix primer, or Smashbox Studio Finish primer, but this a great, light weight, non greasy, cheap, non pore clogging or acnegenic primer, doesn't coat with a layer like others but definitely leaves skin smoother. I used the shade 002 (non tinted, regular white/clear one) and this is a product I would and will definitely rebuy. It's cheap compared to other DS primer..this was $8 and around $7-$8 here, a lot of the other drugstore primers I see are $11-$13 a tube/jar, they don't do shit, smear off, and break me out or make my makeup oxidize, Fix & Perfect is also super kind on my super sensitive, acne plagued skin so I can't live without a primer, although a lot of primers irritate my skin. Will recommend this to anyone who needs a inexpensive primer that's effective on younger or more normal skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Srovenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so i got the 002, instead of 001 and its clear and instead of saying "foundation primer" it just says "primer". I like this product and its really nice on the skin, but i'm not sure if its making me brake out or if something else is..it can feel a little oily, but its not that bad. And it holds up foundation well! I don't know, i might have to use this a little more to see if its really braking me out or if its something else i'm using. I love the fact its so lightweight and clear!!:) I just sort of wish it had a pump like Mac Prep+Prime, but that doesn't make it a bad product! I would defiantly reccomend trying it out since its so cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Lulu1025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is ok for helping foundation blend easier. I'm not sure if it actually made my foundation last any longer than usual. It did not minimize my pores which is why I bought this primer. I will stick to smashbox photo finish light. It smooths lines and minimizes pores a lot better than this. The smell is a little to much also. This is really cheap so that's a good thing. Oh and I got the 001.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Amie1990

Really like this primer, makes my skin smooth and make up look better and last longer. really cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first primers I've bought (In 001 by the way) for overall face coverage, and I could live without it. I usually end up squeezing too much out of the tube, and while it moisturises and slightly shrinks my pores (Which aren't too bad to begin with), I don't think it makes any different with how long my foundation lasts. I will probably use it all until it's gone, but I will most likely not repurchase.