August 22, 2014 | 1909 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by livin4cafe

I use this primer under my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse to make it last all day. I'm a NC15 and the primer gives me a little base color which is much needed. It makes the makeup last all during my workday and smoothes out fine lines. Just purchased my second tube today and I really love it. Don't understand all the hating on this product. Only downer on this is it doesn't work well in super hot weather. Since I live in Chicago, it's a mute point.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Works for me. I see a lot of negative reviews but this is the only face primer I can find that doesn't break me out and it's helps my foundation (usually Studio Fix Fluid) last. Maybe it just really works well with MAC Studio Fix Fluid and not other foundations, I don't know. I would repurchase again. Just for reference I have super oily skin and I put on about a dime amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While i like rimmel products, this i dont. Im used to a clear primer, this was tinted a beigey orange like color. I figured id still give it a try. Well it evened out my warm complexion and blended to where it was visible. However at the end of the day i developed pimples on my chin. Nothing in my skincare routine changed but this. This stuff is a pass and may have find another drugstore brand that works.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by DeeRyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super average primer. Does nothing but make my skin feel a BIT smoother than before. Makeup had the same lasting power with or without it. Would not repurchase at all. I prefer the Maybelline Age Rewind primer to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty average primer in my opinion. The claims on the tube make it look like some kind of miracle worker, but in reality, it just makes my skin smooth. It has a makeup-y smell and comes out white. When applied to the skin, it thins out to be clear. It leaves my oily skin with a semi-matte finish, but doesn't control oil very well. I would not repurchase this because it's basically just average, and my Monistat chafing relief gel does a better job at smoothing and controlling my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I don't like this primer at all, mostly because of the coloring. I mean, it's orange. I bought it in 001, which is supposed to be a neutral shade, but it comes out as way too dark and warm for my skin. The color doesn't fade, either. It sticks around and oxidizes. I don't find it does much in keeping my makeup in place as long as my other primers, and for the overall look, it's just not worth it. I've been on the hunt for a great drugstore primer for awhile, and this is not it. If you want a cheaper alternative, try the Revlon Photoready version. It's colorless, smooth and will keep your makeup in place for at least half the day (on oily skin). I wanted to like this, but it was a HUGE flop for me. I'm giving it to a friend with darker, warmer-toned skin. On fair girls, it's a disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a warm skin tone like me, do NOT buy this primer! I bought it after seeing '001' on the tube, thinking it was either white or clear. It is actually a dark orange/red colour. While it isn't too visible on the skin, it does add an even warmer tone to my skin, which I don't exactly need (I'm an NW25). In terms of staying power, I find that it doesn't do much in comparison to just using moisturiser alone. Overall, I'm not too happy about this primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sanaa3300

Okay so I'll make this short and quick; it really depends on which primer you're getting. The 001 is drying, sticks to every dry patch, the lasting power is slightly below average, and overall - not worth your money. The 002 on the other hand is definitely a better buy, smoothes well, it's not as drying, probably better for oiler skin types though, and has great lasting power. I still wouldn't rate the 002 as great as my brand primers (AKA lancome la base or smashbox). I'm more likely to use those primers on special days, but the Rimmel primer is good for casual long days since it's at such a decent price. And on that note - I'll also add that the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is an extremely good primer, slightly better than the 002 in my opinion but it is a bit more expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Oliviack

This product did somewhat help even out my skin tone, however it made no difference (if not worsened) the "lasting" foundation aspect it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh - doesn't do much at all - won't repurchase....no point.