December 18, 2014 | 1556 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a while ago and it was the first primer I tried so I didn't really know what to expect from a primer. The consistency of the product was REALLY thick and it was a beige type of colour. It also felt too heavy on my face, since then I moved on to primer that was more light weight and with clear formula and I can't even imagine to going back to use this primer ever

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by elliezabeth22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh god, whenever I think about this product, I shudder at the memories. The liquid itself is very thick and orange, almost apricot-colored. As I've generally purchased shiny, clear primers, this came as a surprise to me. It glided on well, but the end result was less than satisfactory; I ended up looking spray-tanned and Oompa Loompa-ish. I'm a very pale person. It just made my skin look tacky. The distribution ended up almost universally uneven every time I re-used it, too.
Plus, if you're a person who cares about the synthetic materials put in liquid makeup, especially cancer-causing ones, this primer is rife with parabens.
Needless to say, it's still languishing in my makeup box.
Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. Goes on easy and is very lightweight. Helps makeup last longer and stay on my face throughout the day. Has helped reduce shininess as well. At less than $10, it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Smaller pores, more even skin tone, not greasy or slippery. I like the way that this reduces the amount of foundation I need. I have been wearing this with just powder and it gives a nice, natural, every day look. Progress in my search for the no foundation look, while at the same time evening it all out and reducing shiny redness and pores :) I'm happy 'cos its so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MUBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As many have mentioned, this comes out of a tube and is orangy- like a mix of apricot and dark orange. I have been in the search for a good primer that will hide the pores on my nose, which have appeared in a really expanded form the last few years. I have tried many brands just plainly alone as well as underneath foundations, even though I don't really need it to extend the life of my makeup, in the hopes that it would help my foundation cover up my pores. But I haven't been able to find anything. Sometimes, if I get lucky, I will run into a foundation that will help minimixe my pores, yet the nose pores are the most prominent. I tried this on and it covered up 95% of the pores on my nose - without foundation. Even though it is orange, it doesn't leave an orange stain, but it does leave a light "tone," which I am very fine with because I have found that with most primers, they get rubbed off when applying makeup So if you are trying to conceal pores, applying foundation or powder on top, whether by hand or brush just doesn't work. So I use only this on my nose and makeup on the rest of my face. Today, I walked out of my house with just this on my nose and some blush. I am so darn psyched.
The texture is not the slick silicone texture, but more of a light lotion. But when it dries down, I noticed my nose looked a bit dry(like in a cakey way) and the primer sunk into my pores. So I don't recommend this for dry skin types. Even though the result was not perfect, I am going to experiment with this, perhaps layering anothr primer underneath, of which I have too many, with this on top. This way, it won't settle into the pores, yet hide my pores better than any primer I have tried so far. No primer is perfect or will give you everything you want. I heard a MUArtist say that she mixes different primers to get the results she wants, so I am going to try that with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by leilaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer is awesome! It works very well with my acne scarring and fine lines. It has a orange tint, but it does not matter since it blends into your skin very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by livin4cafe

I use this primer under my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse to make it last all day. I'm a NC15 and the primer gives me a little base color which is much needed. It makes the makeup last all during my workday and smoothes out fine lines. Just purchased my second tube today and I really love it. Don't understand all the hating on this product. Only downer on this is it doesn't work well in super hot weather. Since I live in Chicago, it's a mute point.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Works for me. I see a lot of negative reviews but this is the only face primer I can find that doesn't break me out and it's helps my foundation (usually Studio Fix Fluid) last. Maybe it just really works well with MAC Studio Fix Fluid and not other foundations, I don't know. I would repurchase again. Just for reference I have super oily skin and I put on about a dime amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While i like rimmel products, this i dont. Im used to a clear primer, this was tinted a beigey orange like color. I figured id still give it a try. Well it evened out my warm complexion and blended to where it was visible. However at the end of the day i developed pimples on my chin. Nothing in my skincare routine changed but this. This stuff is a pass and may have find another drugstore brand that works.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by DeeRyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super average primer. Does nothing but make my skin feel a BIT smoother than before. Makeup had the same lasting power with or without it. Would not repurchase at all. I prefer the Maybelline Age Rewind primer to this.