September 19, 2014 | 1911 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good mascara but not the best. Definetely separates the lashes and makes it long but nothing really special. Defo keeps the curl of the lashes last all day. I've noticed when I use this before I apply my false lashes, I don't need to apply the mascara again because it just looks flawless and keeps it's position.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, despite the fact that it's overpriced. i have long lashes, but this mascara makes them jump off my face. The classic brush easily separates and volumizes lashes and gives impressive length. My lashes feel very soft and the mascara lasts all day. it's water resistant, too. It comes off easily with a water soluble cleanser. I love this stuff. best mascara i've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara without much research here but I am glad I did. The size of the product is smaller than the other HE mascaras I had before. What the product really get me is the promise of no smudging and I have to say it keeps its promise very well.

I did not get any smudge after a full day of wear. With careful application in the morning, there is no clumping, smudging or flaking throughout the entire day. I am really surprised by the result. As much as I enjoyed Lancome and Dior, they always give me a bit smudge at the end of the day.

I have medium length straight asian lashes and this mascara lengthens quite well. It does not weight my lashes down and is able to hold the curl for a satisfying period of time.

I use SAO to remove it and it comes off easily. Also, during the entire process of removing it, there is still next to none smudge. The mascara comes off as little black bits. Even with gentle rubbing around the eye area, I do not get racoon eyes, maybe a little bit of color but this is so much better than other mascaras.

I am very impressed by the formula itself and its ability to keep its promises.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by icing78

Got it in a GWP and love it! I have Asian eye lashes yet I don't have to use lash curler withi this product to lift my lashes. It lengthens and doens't smudge. I think this is comparable to EL's Sumptuous, which is my favorite mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, received it in a swap and absolutely love it. It definitely lengthened my lashes and gave me that fake eyelash look. I thought Tarte's Light, Camera, Action Mascara was good...but this is equally good in a different way. So why the 4 stars? Impossible to remove. I dont like spending extra $$$ for eye make up remover or the extra step and hassle, usually my cleansing oils does the job fine. This one definitely requires it...so I only save it for special occasions when I want that seductive long lash look. Would I buy it again? Absolutely!!! It definitely doesn't smudge...lol...or go anywhere..even when I want to take it off...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by libbier

Nice packaging, nice mascara wand/brush, nice mascara formula which is not too runny and not too dry, nice colour, nice staying-power.
Maybe this did lengthen the look of my lashes just a little but doesnt give much volume.
Overall, good mascara :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this trial-sized mascara which came hooked up to the trial-sized lash primer (which is my go-to primer and that I love). I have medium length/thin Asian lashes and this mascara lifted and lengthened my lashes and did not smudge on my oily skin. It also didn't flake and I liked the thinner bristles on the brush. I agree that it does take a bit of effort to remove - maybe that's why it's called "Double Wear" - lasts twice as long? I bought this at the Cosmetics Company Store in Seattle, WA and it was mega cheap, so I don't know how much it would be if it had been full sized, regularly priced. I found the results comparable to Cover Girl Super Thick Mascara (which is my go-to mascara and less than $7!) I would only buy this product again only if it's in the same configuration (trial-sized and hooked up with the primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Dutchgirll

I got this mascara as a present with so I dont know the price so I cannot judge if it is worth the costs.

This mascara is one of my favorites, the packaging is nice and pretty and the brush is simple with short 'hairs'. It applies easy and does not smudge a lot. If the price is reasonable I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lucyle

I got it as sample from Estee Lauder...Few first times used it did pretty good job, took longer to dry...

But now, after 2 weeks of using, it started clump and made my lashes look disgusting

Also, it's hard to take off at night, I have to use lots of eye makeup remover to remove it completely (I used Neutrogena Oil-free eye makeup remover)

FYI, my lashes is thin and long (asian lashes)

Still have another sample of this, but gonna give it away :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by esavage83

Sorry ladies..I did not see what people loved about this
Pros:
ummm

Cons:
- Spider lashes
- Clumps
-Smudges...really?