July 31, 2014 | 1312 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, received it in a swap and absolutely love it. It definitely lengthened my lashes and gave me that fake eyelash look. I thought Tarte's Light, Camera, Action Mascara was good...but this is equally good in a different way. So why the 4 stars? Impossible to remove. I dont like spending extra $$$ for eye make up remover or the extra step and hassle, usually my cleansing oils does the job fine. This one definitely requires it...so I only save it for special occasions when I want that seductive long lash look. Would I buy it again? Absolutely!!! It definitely doesn't smudge...lol...or go anywhere..even when I want to take it off...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by libbier

Nice packaging, nice mascara wand/brush, nice mascara formula which is not too runny and not too dry, nice colour, nice staying-power.
Maybe this did lengthen the look of my lashes just a little but doesnt give much volume.
Overall, good mascara :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I bought this trial-sized mascara which came hooked up to the trial-sized lash primer (which is my go-to primer and that I love). I have medium length/thin Asian lashes and this mascara lifted and lengthened my lashes and did not smudge on my oily skin. It also didn't flake and I liked the thinner bristles on the brush. I agree that it does take a bit of effort to remove - maybe that's why it's called "Double Wear" - lasts twice as long? I bought this at the Cosmetics Company Store in Seattle, WA and it was mega cheap, so I don't know how much it would be if it had been full sized, regularly priced. I found the results comparable to Cover Girl Super Thick Mascara (which is my go-to mascara and less than $7!) I would only buy this product again only if it's in the same configuration (trial-sized and hooked up with the primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Dutchgirll

I got this mascara as a present with so I dont know the price so I cannot judge if it is worth the costs.

This mascara is one of my favorites, the packaging is nice and pretty and the brush is simple with short 'hairs'. It applies easy and does not smudge a lot. If the price is reasonable I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lucyle

I got it as sample from Estee Lauder...Few first times used it did pretty good job, took longer to dry...

But now, after 2 weeks of using, it started clump and made my lashes look disgusting

Also, it's hard to take off at night, I have to use lots of eye makeup remover to remove it completely (I used Neutrogena Oil-free eye makeup remover)

FYI, my lashes is thin and long (asian lashes)

Still have another sample of this, but gonna give it away :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by esavage83

Sorry ladies..I did not see what people loved about this
Pros:
ummm

Cons:
- Spider lashes
- Clumps
-Smudges...really?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVED this mascara. I have tried them all: Dior's DiorShow, Lancome's Hynose, Armani's Eyes to Kill, and had so far been unimpressed. I had just resigned to the fact that I'd always be using Maybelline Great Lash. Then I was given a sample of this: it gave me super length and some added volume without smudge, and it's a breeze to remove, it just flakes off. My eyes are usually quite sensitive to makeup products, and I never had a problem with this. I wouldn't say it's a holy grail product, but I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara for its delivery on the promise of keeping me smudge free during the day and it provides a little lift too. This won't provide much added volume but I can use another mascara underneath this for that purpose. If I apply a thin layer of this as a finishing touch, I can rest assured that I can go through the day or have a nap without getting smudges on my brow bone. I wear a high PPD sunblock and the grease from that can break through and cause most mascaras to smudge on me but not this one! Estee Lauder has considered what irritates busy women and has freed us from the time consuming need to keep checking for smudges and wiping the smears away.

N.B: I've marked the packaging down a point as all wands should have something in the rim to wipe away excess and save the waste of
having to wipe it away on a tissue.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ellietabs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear contact lenses and I also swim daily. I have struggled to find a mascara that can cope with this! However, Estee Lauder's double wear (both lengthening and curling) have come to my rescue. Yes, they flake, so some work needed with the lash comb before I leave home and they are pricey, but hey, I'd rather spend the money on a product that meets my needs. No issue with my contacts and no panda eyes after swimming. Works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Gabbycabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really liked the blackest black colour, but it made my eyes sting and red so it's a big no no from me