Smashbox O-GLOSS

3.6

on 9/10/2010 10:39:00 PM

This is one MU haul that made me very happy but could be a hit or miss with others. I like that it's really shiny when applied and the trick of it turning to *your own shade of pink* is really cool. I got a beautiful rosy pink which lasted me throughout the day. It really does stain your lips so even though the shine may be lost after a while, the color stays put.

Another wonderful thing is that it looks sticky, as if you have sugar syrup on your lips, but in fact it is not. It's very smooth and when you put your lips together, it doesn't glue on.

I really like the lasting color, the ease of using this product and the way it makes my lips feel.

Would definitely repurchase but only in the summer. The pink would be a tad much for colder months. It's a fun lip gloss that should see the sunlight more often!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I got this lip gloss as a bonus with my Sephora points for $10.00. It was originally like 22-25 bucks.. I don't remember the exact price as I wasn't really listening to the lady. I am NOT a gloss person but this was not as terrible as I expected it reminded me of the Mary Kay Time wise lip balm. The consistancy sticky but not too sticky for my liking. The pink shade I was left with was acceptable (I don't wear pinks. I'm a red gal) as other reviewers said, it does leave a nice tint to my lips. I let my girlfriends give it a shot. One has more olive toned skin and one more caramel toned. The olive skin looked very nice, like a light pink. The caramel skin tone looked like a nude gloss. All in all this is a nice gloss but the price is not worth it in the end.

on 8/22/2010 3:34:00 AM

I find it difficult to rate this product as sometimes it is perfect and sometimes it is terrible! When my lips are moistured and happy, I apply this gloss and get a gorgeous pale ballet pink perfect gloss. But when my lips are dry then this goes a scary bright fuschia colour a la Barbara Cartland! I guess I just have to pick my time when I use it, but when its good, its worth it.

on 8/5/2010 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is an amazing lip gloss. The color is transparent but upon applying on the lips, it turns into a natural shade of pink. This is great for outdoor when you want a gloss that is natural, gives some color to the lips and not sticky. It's a bit ex for such a small tube but a little goes a long way. I would definitely buy this again!

on 7/22/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

the price is a little bit much for lip gloss, i think because i could run through two to three tubes in two weeks. Bummer, I love the texture, smoothness, color (shades), and the taste, well doesn't have much taste. But to be honest, I like it because it was not annoying and you can wear this with lip stick as well and this gloss on top of it for more glossy finish. I really like it, the color is clear and when it hits your lips, it turn color immediately, simply love it

on 6/22/2010 9:49:00 PM

turns a beautiful bright pink on me but looks completely natural somehow! its amazing!
nice texture too

on 6/17/2010 1:32:00 AM

I'm on my 4th tube of this stuff. I LOVE it! I wear it everyday ... because it's a lovely shade that's flattering to me. My friends all tried it and it looks DIFFERENT on all of them. Some it looked pinker, others a more coral color. It's not that moisturizing, but it's also not that drying either. I love how natural it looks, but with a bit of a POP. I like that it's not heavy feeling on the lips.

on 5/24/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this is one of my favorite l/g from smashbox...i am actually on my second tube of it...i have pretty fair skin and when the clear changes to pink, it goes very well with my skin tone..i also like that it is a stain, so when the gloss actually comes off, my lips still look the pinky fresh color...o-gloss, for me, is not sticky at all...the product is in a tube, so you can pretty much get everything out of it..

on 4/28/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a sample recently and i can't wait to buy the full size product even though people are saying it's expensive. It's the perfect natural pink gloss, which makes your lips look glossy and plumped without that obvious wearing-make-up look. I am a bit curious about the way the colour works, as this product is clear in the tube yet adapts the colour once it is exposed to light. On one occasion it turned quite a bright cherry on my lips, but other times it was a rosy pink. The texture is great - moisturizing and smooth without any of that sticky/greasy feeling.

on 4/19/2010 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it seemed to be a combination of a lip tint and lip gloss. I'm usually pretty happy with all smashbox products so I was also pretty happy with this product.
But because this gloss works as a tint too, it will react differently on you then on others. When I put it on, my lips turn more red than pink while when my co-worker who happens to have naturally lighter lips than I do, seems to get a pinkish color from this.
Anyways, it's a nice natural, go-to gloss with a slight pop of color.
It's a little pricey but worth a try.
I like it.