November 28, 2014 | 1014 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by clarefp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

love the rosey-ness of this blush, like the little mirror on the inside which is handy. lovely smell!

its not expensive and i find it works for me, but have not tried liquid/cream blushes so may not be the best out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by isap0007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best thing about it: the smell!! it's really good, i've never had a blush that smelled so good.
Now the colour itself is really pretty, it's a shimmery light pink and it is very flattering on light skin. The only problem i have with it is that you have to put a lot of it to actually show. And I also would like it to have a little less shimmer, but it's ok for nighttime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

the brush is terrible, very prickly and hard to handle.
the blush itself is really nice, it has a faint rose smell
at first i thought the shimmer was too intense, but once i blended i out, it gave me a nice glow
i have pale sensitive skin and this blush looks nice on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shade of blush is gorgeous! I am a massive fan of the Bourjois brand, mostly of their powders. The smell of their products are so lady-like and rosey I can't understand why some people are turned off by it. The size of this blush is probably the only real gripe I have with the product. It's very small and like others have said, it's difficult for a normal-sized brush to absorb any of the product. Also, the brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Can't comment on the quality of the casing, however, I've had Bourjois powders before and have not had any problems with the product drying out. Drop it on the floor, however, and your pwder will be smashed into a trillion bits. The shade is very pink with a lovely dusting of gold shimmer. I'm extremely pale, but the shimmer doesn't actually overpower me at all. It gives me a healthy, "glowy" look when applied to the apple of my cheeks. If you're in the market for a girlish, true pink I highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product but to me it is way to glittery, I am nw35 so it really shows up on my cheek bones like a shimmer powder but not in a good way, I have photo's of me wearing it at night and I look like a disco ball. The texture and the smell of this blush are pretty, and love the packaging, maybe I'll try it again when I'm going to a costume party.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

The reason I'm not giving this a higher score doesn't reflect badly on this brand or shade, but has more to do with the overall problem of all powder blusher--tricky in terms of application, can sometimes be hard to get a really natural finish with powder blush. Also, noticed a slight tightening of my skin when I was wearing this with a lightweight moisturizer, but didn't have a problem with a heavier moisturizer.
With all that said, this brand does such pretty, pretty colors and this particular shade looks very nice on fair skin. Have to give respect to a blusher brand that actually looks pretty on fair skin. Am really curious if this brand does shades for women of color. Hope they do, because this brand seems so good at fine tuning shades, that if they focused on making shades for women of color, bet they'd come up with some really nice colors. Also, suspect this single container will last me a long time, so the slight priciness is evened out by it lasting a long time.
With me reviewing an actual cosmetic, this gives me a good opportunity to give a useful context regarding my reviews. One of the reason why I often have fours and fives with the products I use is that I deliberately make a point of wearing makeup rarely and as little as possible in amount when I do. I love wearing makeup, but it can cause so many problems with your skin--even great moisturizers can seem less-than when every day you put something on your face that does not do anything truly beneficial for your skin. So, one reason I'm so satisfied with so many of the skin care products I use is that I avoid makeup whenever I can (other than a little Labello or Lipstick Queen) and my skin is in much better condition than it would be otherwise. So, I especially say to twenty-something women on MUA(an age when you feel especially insecure about letting blemishes and flaws show), as much as you may love this blusher(and I myself think it's darling), do yourself a favor and try to give yourself as many makeup free days as you can and your skin will be in so much better shape that you won't need lots of coverup/enhancement in the makeup department.
Update: my skin is usually pretty clear, but some major stress(moving into a new house) caused an outbreak on my chin. True to my word, have been avoiding makeup even w/acne. However, when I was seeing my in-laws at Thanksgiving, my resolve weakened and put on some makeup. Noticed with the cooler weather that the blusher was tightening/drying even with a generous application of rich moisturizer on my cheeks. So, if I have better luck with another blusher in the future, will probably not repurchase this to avoid the drying/tightening, even though it's such a pretty shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

.......AWESOME.
I wanted to find something like this ever since i watched an episode of Sex and the City and Carrie had a gorgeous pink blush that made her look 10 years younger....fresh raspberry-candy cane pink, absolutely beautiful, perfect for the cheeks of a Disney character.
And when i saw this little box i fell in love. It is one of my favorites, with two problems:
-it is pigmented, meaning that a little goes a long, but you have to rub the brush on the pan to get a decent amount
- it is too small....fortunatelly, as i said, a little gives you a lot but still....and i remember to me it was rather pricy.
The color is fantastic. I don't think you can compare it with Nars' Orgasm since Orgasm is more on the verge of peachy and this one is pure light electric pink. Apart from the beautiful gold shimmer in it (which isn't of too much use since it barely transfers on the skin, but looks good in the pan), the color goes with every skin tone, you just have to be careful if you're really pale since it can look too strong thus fake.
And i will repurchase....whenever i will have to. This means in a couple of years maybe. I've really had mine for two and a half years and it's barely noticeable that i've used it. Looooves it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by jlwil2

Love the smell of this blush! Really pretty colour, a little on the pricey side if you can't get it on sale. Packaging is very cute

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rysskayaprincess

I purchased this blush due to an offer in the shop (3 for 2 on selected bourjois lines) I never tried any drugstore blushes and gave it a shot. I wanted to compare how different they are to a high end brand. I took a while to pick the right colour and swatched a few shades on the back of my hand. When applied onto the cheeks, the result is gorgeous. It is a light pink with a glowing golden shimmer which enhances the cheeks and makes them appear healthier. It also looks matte but the shimmer is very sheer and just highlights the cheeks perfectely. I must say that applying the product is abit trickier as it doesnt glide as smooth as other blushes I have tried in the past. You have to make sure you blend abit more and use a light hand when dipping the brush into the pan of the product as it seems like the blush will harden up within a few uses. If that happens then it might start to annoy me as I have to spend extra time geting the product out of its base. Overall the packaging is very cute (small and pink) what more can you ask for :) Comparing the bourjois blush to a more expensive brands is not hard to do and I truly believe that it doesnt look any different to any high end brands when applied onto the cheeks apart from the packaging ofcourse. Finally I believe this blush would suit any skin types as its not greasy nor very matte and so far didnt break out my super sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the favorate Bourjois blush among the 8-10 that I have. Its light pink is melted with golden shimmer, gives cheeks soft and healthy glow. Cute and not affected.