Bourjois rose d'or

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

on 4/12/2010 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this blush- it is a staple of my makeup collection. I find that it gives me the same kind of rosey-peachy glow that NARS Orgasm blush gives me; it is subtle, but nonetheless flattering. And I think it is particularly flattering on skin that is perhaps a bit more fair with more neutral/warm undertones. For this reason, I also prefer to wear this color when wearing neutral/warm colors, as I think the peachiness of the color might clash/make your skin look drab if you're wearing jewel tones or cooler colors. I also find that on me, the color has good staying power, and I don't need to put a ton of it on in order for the color to show. Its pleasant rose-scent also adds to the feminine appeal of the product. Though perhaps not for everyone, I do like the shape of the brush- it is curved slightly to conform to the shape of the blush, and it fits neatly inside the container, making it a perfect product to carry around in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day. What's more, its shape also makes it helpful in applying the blush to the apples of the cheeks- I find the curve fits the contour of my cheeks.

on 3/31/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this over a month ago. This blush is pretty average in performance and quality to me.

PROS: (1) lovely soft rosy color with a shot of gold flecks to warm up the cheeks. (2) even though the packaging is kind of cheap, I like it, itís cute with a little mirror in the inside. (3) when applied right and perfectly blended, it appears natural and warm. (4) lovely soft rosy scent. Normally I donít like my blushes to be scented, but this is an exception. (5) can be applied sheer, or a little more intense.

CONS: (1) this blush is baked and therefore- hard. It takes a lot of effort to pick up any color. It was easy the first few times, but then it hardened in a matter of days. (2) because it is hard to get an even amount of color on my blush, this results in some uneven application. (3) Not as much gold flecks in here as I thought. Once I got through the first few layers, the glitter became less obvious and more dispersed. (4) the brush that comes with it is rubbish, I think it is only there for decor. (5) Made me break out with a little bit of cosmetic acne. I think this had more to do with me trying to vigourasly blend it in.

Overall not bad, but I am disappointed in the quality of this product. Thankfully, this is not a unique color to the brand, I should easily be able to find a replacement. Overall, not bad for a drug store blush though.

on 3/21/2010 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

love the rosey-ness of this blush, like the little mirror on the inside which is handy. lovely smell!

its not expensive and i find it works for me, but have not tried liquid/cream blushes so may not be the best out there!

on 3/14/2010 1:17:00 AM

The best thing about it: the smell!! it's really good, i've never had a blush that smelled so good.
Now the colour itself is really pretty, it's a shimmery light pink and it is very flattering on light skin. The only problem i have with it is that you have to put a lot of it to actually show. And I also would like it to have a little less shimmer, but it's ok for nighttime.

on 1/29/2010 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

the brush is terrible, very prickly and hard to handle.
the blush itself is really nice, it has a faint rose smell
at first i thought the shimmer was too intense, but once i blended i out, it gave me a nice glow
i have pale sensitive skin and this blush looks nice on me.

on 12/15/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This shade of blush is gorgeous! I am a massive fan of the Bourjois brand, mostly of their powders. The smell of their products are so lady-like and rosey I can't understand why some people are turned off by it. The size of this blush is probably the only real gripe I have with the product. It's very small and like others have said, it's difficult for a normal-sized brush to absorb any of the product. Also, the brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Can't comment on the quality of the casing, however, I've had Bourjois powders before and have not had any problems with the product drying out. Drop it on the floor, however, and your pwder will be smashed into a trillion bits. The shade is very pink with a lovely dusting of gold shimmer. I'm extremely pale, but the shimmer doesn't actually overpower me at all. It gives me a healthy, "glowy" look when applied to the apple of my cheeks. If you're in the market for a girlish, true pink I highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this product but to me it is way to glittery, I am nw35 so it really shows up on my cheek bones like a shimmer powder but not in a good way, I have photo's of me wearing it at night and I look like a disco ball. The texture and the smell of this blush are pretty, and love the packaging, maybe I'll try it again when I'm going to a costume party.

on 10/18/2009 5:16:00 PM

The reason I'm not giving this a higher score doesn't reflect badly on this brand or shade, but has more to do with the overall problem of all powder blusher--tricky in terms of application, can sometimes be hard to get a really natural finish with powder blush. Also, noticed a slight tightening of my skin when I was wearing this with a lightweight moisturizer, but didn't have a problem with a heavier moisturizer.
With all that said, this brand does such pretty, pretty colors and this particular shade looks very nice on fair skin. Have to give respect to a blusher brand that actually looks pretty on fair skin. Am really curious if this brand does shades for women of color. Hope they do, because this brand seems so good at fine tuning shades, that if they focused on making shades for women of color, bet they'd come up with some really nice colors. Also, suspect this single container will last me a long time, so the slight priciness is evened out by it lasting a long time.
With me reviewing an actual cosmetic, this gives me a good opportunity to give a useful context regarding my reviews. One of the reason why I often have fours and fives with the products I use is that I deliberately make a point of wearing makeup rarely and as little as possible in amount when I do. I love wearing makeup, but it can cause so many problems with your skin--even great moisturizers can seem less-than when every day you put something on your face that does not do anything truly beneficial for your skin. So, one reason I'm so satisfied with so many of the skin care products I use is that I avoid makeup whenever I can (other than a little Labello or Lipstick Queen) and my skin is in much better condition than it would be otherwise. So, I especially say to twenty-something women on MUA(an age when you feel especially insecure about letting blemishes and flaws show), as much as you may love this blusher(and I myself think it's darling), do yourself a favor and try to give yourself as many makeup free days as you can and your skin will be in so much better shape that you won't need lots of coverup/enhancement in the makeup department.
Update: my skin is usually pretty clear, but some major stress(moving into a new house) caused an outbreak on my chin. True to my word, have been avoiding makeup even w/acne. However, when I was seeing my in-laws at Thanksgiving, my resolve weakened and put on some makeup. Noticed with the cooler weather that the blusher was tightening/drying even with a generous application of rich moisturizer on my cheeks. So, if I have better luck with another blusher in the future, will probably not repurchase this to avoid the drying/tightening, even though it's such a pretty shade.

on 10/13/2009 7:02:00 PM

.......AWESOME.
I wanted to find something like this ever since i watched an episode of Sex and the City and Carrie had a gorgeous pink blush that made her look 10 years younger....fresh raspberry-candy cane pink, absolutely beautiful, perfect for the cheeks of a Disney character.
And when i saw this little box i fell in love. It is one of my favorites, with two problems:
-it is pigmented, meaning that a little goes a long, but you have to rub the brush on the pan to get a decent amount
- it is too small....fortunatelly, as i said, a little gives you a lot but still....and i remember to me it was rather pricy.
The color is fantastic. I don't think you can compare it with Nars' Orgasm since Orgasm is more on the verge of peachy and this one is pure light electric pink. Apart from the beautiful gold shimmer in it (which isn't of too much use since it barely transfers on the skin, but looks good in the pan), the color goes with every skin tone, you just have to be careful if you're really pale since it can look too strong thus fake.
And i will repurchase....whenever i will have to. This means in a couple of years maybe. I've really had mine for two and a half years and it's barely noticeable that i've used it. Looooves it!!!

on 10/5/2009 1:49:00 AM

Love the smell of this blush! Really pretty colour, a little on the pricey side if you can't get it on sale. Packaging is very cute

Top Rated Bourjois Products