April 21, 2014 | 1060 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product but to me it is way to glittery, I am nw35 so it really shows up on my cheek bones like a shimmer powder but not in a good way, I have photo's of me wearing it at night and I look like a disco ball. The texture and the smell of this blush are pretty, and love the packaging, maybe I'll try it again when I'm going to a costume party.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

The reason I'm not giving this a higher score doesn't reflect badly on this brand or shade, but has more to do with the overall problem of all powder blusher--tricky in terms of application, can sometimes be hard to get a really natural finish with powder blush. Also, noticed a slight tightening of my skin when I was wearing this with a lightweight moisturizer, but didn't have a problem with a heavier moisturizer.
With all that said, this brand does such pretty, pretty colors and this particular shade looks very nice on fair skin. Have to give respect to a blusher brand that actually looks pretty on fair skin. Am really curious if this brand does shades for women of color. Hope they do, because this brand seems so good at fine tuning shades, that if they focused on making shades for women of color, bet they'd come up with some really nice colors. Also, suspect this single container will last me a long time, so the slight priciness is evened out by it lasting a long time.
With me reviewing an actual cosmetic, this gives me a good opportunity to give a useful context regarding my reviews. One of the reason why I often have fours and fives with the products I use is that I deliberately make a point of wearing makeup rarely and as little as possible in amount when I do. I love wearing makeup, but it can cause so many problems with your skin--even great moisturizers can seem less-than when every day you put something on your face that does not do anything truly beneficial for your skin. So, one reason I'm so satisfied with so many of the skin care products I use is that I avoid makeup whenever I can (other than a little Labello or Lipstick Queen) and my skin is in much better condition than it would be otherwise. So, I especially say to twenty-something women on MUA(an age when you feel especially insecure about letting blemishes and flaws show), as much as you may love this blusher(and I myself think it's darling), do yourself a favor and try to give yourself as many makeup free days as you can and your skin will be in so much better shape that you won't need lots of coverup/enhancement in the makeup department.
Update: my skin is usually pretty clear, but some major stress(moving into a new house) caused an outbreak on my chin. True to my word, have been avoiding makeup even w/acne. However, when I was seeing my in-laws at Thanksgiving, my resolve weakened and put on some makeup. Noticed with the cooler weather that the blusher was tightening/drying even with a generous application of rich moisturizer on my cheeks. So, if I have better luck with another blusher in the future, will probably not repurchase this to avoid the drying/tightening, even though it's such a pretty shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

.......AWESOME.
I wanted to find something like this ever since i watched an episode of Sex and the City and Carrie had a gorgeous pink blush that made her look 10 years younger....fresh raspberry-candy cane pink, absolutely beautiful, perfect for the cheeks of a Disney character.
And when i saw this little box i fell in love. It is one of my favorites, with two problems:
-it is pigmented, meaning that a little goes a long, but you have to rub the brush on the pan to get a decent amount
- it is too small....fortunatelly, as i said, a little gives you a lot but still....and i remember to me it was rather pricy.
The color is fantastic. I don't think you can compare it with Nars' Orgasm since Orgasm is more on the verge of peachy and this one is pure light electric pink. Apart from the beautiful gold shimmer in it (which isn't of too much use since it barely transfers on the skin, but looks good in the pan), the color goes with every skin tone, you just have to be careful if you're really pale since it can look too strong thus fake.
And i will repurchase....whenever i will have to. This means in a couple of years maybe. I've really had mine for two and a half years and it's barely noticeable that i've used it. Looooves it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by jlwil2

Love the smell of this blush! Really pretty colour, a little on the pricey side if you can't get it on sale. Packaging is very cute

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by rysskayaprincess

I purchased this blush due to an offer in the shop (3 for 2 on selected bourjois lines) I never tried any drugstore blushes and gave it a shot. I wanted to compare how different they are to a high end brand. I took a while to pick the right colour and swatched a few shades on the back of my hand. When applied onto the cheeks, the result is gorgeous. It is a light pink with a glowing golden shimmer which enhances the cheeks and makes them appear healthier. It also looks matte but the shimmer is very sheer and just highlights the cheeks perfectely. I must say that applying the product is abit trickier as it doesnt glide as smooth as other blushes I have tried in the past. You have to make sure you blend abit more and use a light hand when dipping the brush into the pan of the product as it seems like the blush will harden up within a few uses. If that happens then it might start to annoy me as I have to spend extra time geting the product out of its base. Overall the packaging is very cute (small and pink) what more can you ask for :) Comparing the bourjois blush to a more expensive brands is not hard to do and I truly believe that it doesnt look any different to any high end brands when applied onto the cheeks apart from the packaging ofcourse. Finally I believe this blush would suit any skin types as its not greasy nor very matte and so far didnt break out my super sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the favorate Bourjois blush among the 8-10 that I have. Its light pink is melted with golden shimmer, gives cheeks soft and healthy glow. Cute and not affected.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I don't think this tone of pink suits me. It doesn't give me a natural flushed look, it looks very fake on me, which is why i can never use it on it's own. I only use it if i want to add a little pink to my bronzer or something. I dont really like the packaging either, the blush particles flicks out of the little pot when i swirl my brush around. I wont be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I'm pretty new when it comes to blush, this was first blush purchase. I don't really use it much as i usually do smokey eyes or bright red lips, both looks don't look too good with blush on me. This is great for when i am doing neither though, on a normal day when i'm fairly au naturale.

It's a pretty pink colour that looks similar to the natural flush i have in my cheeks which is great, and the subtle gold sheen brightens the face when i am feeling worse for wear.

I haven't had any trouble with it being too hard which some reviewers have noticed, it seems fine though i don't know if this develops over time. I'm not sure about the brush like others, i have to be careful i don't end up with OTT bright pink cheeks. Doesn't last that long but most blushes don't on me because i forget i have make up on and wipe my face.

The product itself is lovely as it wakes the face up with a golden sheen and a gentle natural pink colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by 3lizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably my all time favorite blush. I'm fair with dark brown hair and this compliments my coloring perfectly. I took a lippie off because of the hardness. You really have to scrub your brush on there to get the color. But it's gorgeous! I love how you can't see giltters on your face even up close, but it still makes you luminous. Looks natural no matter how much you put on, even in direct sunlight. The adorable girly fragrance is delightful. Doesn't irritate my skin at all. Love it! I had to go to two different Ulta's to buy it, I'm not sure if Ulta won't carry it anymore or not. But if anyone knows what's going on with that let me know so I can stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Finally found an Ulta store that had this blush again. I do love Bourjois blush, well a lot of their products, and it is a real shame they are being discontinued. I hate it! Back to rose d'or. This is a classic color that is so beautiful with so many different eye shadow combinations. The fragrance is lovely which adds to it's beauty. The cute little brush is just that, cute, but useless. Kind of like the mirror. ;-) Nice cute addition, but pretty useless as far as being able to see in it. LOL None the less, I love rose d'or, and should probably stock up on Bourjois blush when I find more of the colors I love.