September 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to spoil everybody's fun, but I must make something clear here.

This silly generalization that mature skin invariably means its dry and shriveled like a prune is really getting old (pardon the pun). At 56-going-on-57-years-old anybody will tell you I'm pretty ripe. But that does NOT mean that I have dry, shriveled skin. On the contrary, while my skin is not quite as oily as it was when I was young, it still IS oily.

So what about mature gals with oily skin, like me? Right, most of us don't have deep-crease wrinkles all over our face (in fact, I have been diagnosed with looking a good 10 years younger than I am, on occasions), but that does not mean we don't have other skin problems that come with age. There is nothing more irritating (for me) than testing those "for mature skin" products and finding that 99% of them are thick, gooey concoctions, greasy enough to be used for basting. We oily skin gals DO eventually graduate from Clean & Clear, you know.

Which brings me to the foundation in question,. I will not, of course, say that it's a bad product. But ladies with "mature" oily skin might want to be careful with this one. I tried it and all I got was an oily slick (even after setting with powder). It felt thick, didn't really offer that much coverage, pooled in my pores and made me so shiny, I must have been reported by every satellite floating in outer space.

I have no doubt that this product works wonders on women with dry skin. But I'll have to give it a pass.

Memo to cosmetic companies: try to diversify your concept of mature, do us a favor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I was excited to try this, because I love the capture totale line (yes i know it's for mature skin) and I can't really say that it's HD or full coverage. Not sure if it is supposed to be full coverage though..it's light coverage and very moisturzing so my oily skin did not like it...
didn't like the texture...would only reccomend to mature ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by 38young

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my second purchase of 020 shade of Dior's Capture Totale liquid foundation. I have fair skin with a slight olive undertone. Although expensive, a little goes a long way and the pump dispenser ensures that none is wasted. I apply this with my fingers although a foundation brush also does the trick. The foundation boasts SPF15 as well as anti-ageing benefits. The product gives a medium coverage which can be increased with use of more product. The end result is a slightly dewy finish which looks very natural and feels soft and supple. Buy this on Strawberry net to ensure you're not paying premium department store prices. Will defintely re purchase (my third bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

I have combo skin, very sensitive prone to breakout and this works like dream! The Dior artist told me to apply lightly with brush and just focus on undereye, nose, and cheekbone area. After that, I dust a light amount of loose powder over and get a flawless, soft look. I am light/med golden and use 031 (Sand), but in winter wear 020 (Cameo). NOTE: Do not overapply this foundation as it will look heavy. Using the brush is key! Also, on pics, this makeup makes you look like a movie star- for a generally non-photogenic person, I LOVE my pics!!! Highly recommended :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is CRAZY expensive! I decided to splurge bc I have been looking for other foundations even though Im mostly happy with cover fx. I wanted to try this bc it has a serum in it that helps with aging and is full coverage. Im only 30 but I have sun damage that needs covering and since I like a dewy look, I figure I could use the extra moisture. Anyway, Ive been very happy with foundation so far. It plumps the skin and goes on very even. You can tell this is a high end foundation for sure! Also, Ive used it about 5 times now and it has made my skin more even toned than it ever was before. In this sense, its a treatment and foundation in one so it somewhat justifies the price...maybe! The color 032 is dead on for me, so Im happy with it. Unless I find something better I will probably repurchase-SIGH!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by TravelGal92626

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the leading mineral make-up for many years and swore I would never go back to liquid foundation until a few months ago when I noticed that my skin seemed to have lost its luminousity and looked dry. It was just by fluke that I went to the Dior counter at Macy's and I am sooooo glad that I did. The MA suggested this foundation and I can't stop raving about it! My perfect color is 23 (fair-medium complexion with a yellow undertone) and I love how it looks and feels on my skin. It is light and provides a smooth even coverage with just the right amount of dewiness. I start work very early so I put my make-up on at 4am and it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning...nothing like I remember liquid foundation from years ago. There is a reason these products are called "Dior Addict" and I am slowly incorporating other products (i.e., Iconic mascara, 5-Colour Quad Shadows, blushes, etc.) as well as the Capture Totale skincare. I have given all of my mineral make-up to my teen-age grandaughter and will definitely be buying this foundation again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very good medium coverage with a smooth/streak-free application. Definitely best for drier skintypes as the feel is a bit dewy. I tried the shade in #30 (I don't know my exact skintone number, but I generally fall in the medium to tan range...and I have more neutral than yellow undertones to my skin even though I'm Asian.) -- it's a pretty good match and I like the glow this gives to my skin ... makes any additional color products I apply really pop. The bad news started happening about five hours into the day when I noticed a slight color change...the dreaded orangey tones creeping in, my face had shiny patches, and the foundation seemed to have sunk into every pore and line particularly around my nose, mouth and chin. My skin almost never gets oily unless it's being smothered, so I think this foundation was suffocating my pores. By the 8 hour mark of my workday my face was beginning to itch in spots. When I got home to wash the makeup off, the itchy spots had developed into small whitehead clusters. It's a shame...I know this foundation is pricey, but it looked really good on my skin at the start and I would have splurged on a full size bottle with no hesitation if the irritation/oxidation didn't happen...the search for the perfect foundation continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by qwertybeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot stop raving to my friends about this foundation. I know it is for mature aging skin but I too have dry sensitive skin with patches of reness and discloration form acne. ANd this defineiltey gives my skin a chance to look radiant. glowing and uniformed. It si very expensive but a little goes a ong way to def. buildable coverage. So it should last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by echong550

I know this foundation is mainly marketed for mature skin, but it is very good for my dry skin. I am prone to dry patches on my cheeks and no matter how much moisturizer I use before, other foundations just highlights it and makes it worse. This one is quite moisturizing and doesn't settle into the cracks. It's also good in covering up redness on my cheeks. It glides on very smoothly and is easy to blend.

It's quite expensive for a foundation (AU$115 at department stores), which is why the pump dispenser is great as I can control how much I want to use and there's no wastage. I planning to stock up from duty free when I go overseas.

#030 suits my complexion perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sekelleher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well girls - this is it - the one I've been waiting for. I'm 48 and have tried every foundation under the sun over the years including Prescriptives Custom Blend. Most foundations I tried were irritating to my sensitive skin and/or the color did not blend with my very fair peaches and cream complexion. I am a 010 in this line and the color is a perfect match. At 48 I now have other issues that this foundation helps disguise. It also goes on smoothly, lasts all day with just a brief touch up with powder. I like the pump application which saves on product as this one is expensive. But I don't mind spending the $$$ if I know it is a hit - others have offered unsolicited comments that my skin looks great. I'm not trying to look like I am twenty again - just the best I can for late fourties. I am in the process of exploring the Capture Totale Skincare -will let you know.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No