April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is CRAZY expensive! I decided to splurge bc I have been looking for other foundations even though Im mostly happy with cover fx. I wanted to try this bc it has a serum in it that helps with aging and is full coverage. Im only 30 but I have sun damage that needs covering and since I like a dewy look, I figure I could use the extra moisture. Anyway, Ive been very happy with foundation so far. It plumps the skin and goes on very even. You can tell this is a high end foundation for sure! Also, Ive used it about 5 times now and it has made my skin more even toned than it ever was before. In this sense, its a treatment and foundation in one so it somewhat justifies the price...maybe! The color 032 is dead on for me, so Im happy with it. Unless I find something better I will probably repurchase-SIGH!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by TravelGal92626

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the leading mineral make-up for many years and swore I would never go back to liquid foundation until a few months ago when I noticed that my skin seemed to have lost its luminousity and looked dry. It was just by fluke that I went to the Dior counter at Macy's and I am sooooo glad that I did. The MA suggested this foundation and I can't stop raving about it! My perfect color is 23 (fair-medium complexion with a yellow undertone) and I love how it looks and feels on my skin. It is light and provides a smooth even coverage with just the right amount of dewiness. I start work very early so I put my make-up on at 4am and it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning...nothing like I remember liquid foundation from years ago. There is a reason these products are called "Dior Addict" and I am slowly incorporating other products (i.e., Iconic mascara, 5-Colour Quad Shadows, blushes, etc.) as well as the Capture Totale skincare. I have given all of my mineral make-up to my teen-age grandaughter and will definitely be buying this foundation again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very good medium coverage with a smooth/streak-free application. Definitely best for drier skintypes as the feel is a bit dewy. I tried the shade in #30 (I don't know my exact skintone number, but I generally fall in the medium to tan range...and I have more neutral than yellow undertones to my skin even though I'm Asian.) -- it's a pretty good match and I like the glow this gives to my skin ... makes any additional color products I apply really pop. The bad news started happening about five hours into the day when I noticed a slight color change...the dreaded orangey tones creeping in, my face had shiny patches, and the foundation seemed to have sunk into every pore and line particularly around my nose, mouth and chin. My skin almost never gets oily unless it's being smothered, so I think this foundation was suffocating my pores. By the 8 hour mark of my workday my face was beginning to itch in spots. When I got home to wash the makeup off, the itchy spots had developed into small whitehead clusters. It's a shame...I know this foundation is pricey, but it looked really good on my skin at the start and I would have splurged on a full size bottle with no hesitation if the irritation/oxidation didn't happen...the search for the perfect foundation continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by qwertybeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot stop raving to my friends about this foundation. I know it is for mature aging skin but I too have dry sensitive skin with patches of reness and discloration form acne. ANd this defineiltey gives my skin a chance to look radiant. glowing and uniformed. It si very expensive but a little goes a ong way to def. buildable coverage. So it should last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by echong550

I know this foundation is mainly marketed for mature skin, but it is very good for my dry skin. I am prone to dry patches on my cheeks and no matter how much moisturizer I use before, other foundations just highlights it and makes it worse. This one is quite moisturizing and doesn't settle into the cracks. It's also good in covering up redness on my cheeks. It glides on very smoothly and is easy to blend.

It's quite expensive for a foundation (AU$115 at department stores), which is why the pump dispenser is great as I can control how much I want to use and there's no wastage. I planning to stock up from duty free when I go overseas.

#030 suits my complexion perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sekelleher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well girls - this is it - the one I've been waiting for. I'm 48 and have tried every foundation under the sun over the years including Prescriptives Custom Blend. Most foundations I tried were irritating to my sensitive skin and/or the color did not blend with my very fair peaches and cream complexion. I am a 010 in this line and the color is a perfect match. At 48 I now have other issues that this foundation helps disguise. It also goes on smoothly, lasts all day with just a brief touch up with powder. I like the pump application which saves on product as this one is expensive. But I don't mind spending the $$$ if I know it is a hit - others have offered unsolicited comments that my skin looks great. I'm not trying to look like I am twenty again - just the best I can for late fourties. I am in the process of exploring the Capture Totale Skincare -will let you know.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by user1988

Wore this for work one day and a friend asked if I switched foundation, asked her why and she said "you're face looks kind of plastic." This is the first foundation I wore that she made that comment for so it's no good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Andio

The SA gave me a sample of this since my HG Dior Sculpt is being discontinued and this is supposed to be the replacement. Besides the 27 dollar price hike, Sculpt was 53 and this sells for 75, the color #21Linen is not the same as #21 Linen Sculpt. It is darker! I did not care for the fragrance or the oiliness of this. It is nothing like the Sculpt:{

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lubenica1

I have just bought this foundation despite my wallet having a heart attack, it costs 56 here in the UK.

First impressions: a beautiful, satiny smooth, flawless coverage. I think I heard my skin say "aaaaahh" when MA applied it, it felt like a beautiful, soothing balm on my skin.

I bought it in 021 (Linen) shade. This shade has yellow undertones, and NO PINK in it at all. If you want pink shade, but pale, go for 020 in this.
My skin is very pale, yellow undertones but with VERY pink cheeks that flush easily (rosacea?). This greatly toned down my redness and evened out my skin tone without looking cakey or like a mask. Actually, even applied with fingertips, and tapped in a bit, it looks perfect, I guess that it would look even better applied with Dior foundation brush that MA used on me.
When I first saw this foundation in Linen (021), it looked too yellow in the bottle and I was sure that it would clash with my pinky skin.

But, today I have applied it in the natural light, and it is perfect!!!

I would say it is a neutral hue but more geared toward yellow, perfect for my pale pinky skin. It just evens out my complection perfectly and I don't look like I am wearing any make up, but my skin looks perfect - how good is that?
WARNING:
If you have oily T-zone, this will make it shiny like hell. My nose was gleaming so much after a few hours, it was ridiculous. So I will continue to wear my Oil free Chanel on my T-zone while this is perfect for my drier cheeks.
Overall, a lovely foundation, when applied it dissapears into skin, giving lovely, glowing (but not too shiny) finish. A little goes a long way, please bear this in mind. Only a tiny pump is enough for the whole face, it spreads like crazy. It has a very buildable coverage, the first layer gives medium coverage and can be layered for full coverage, but I find that one layer is enough, even for my flushed skin.
This foundation is definitely more suited for drier skins. IMO, it would be too rich for below 35's and it is totally wrong for more oily skins. Otherwise, a beautiful product well worth the price.
UPDATE: still think it is a very good foundation but I keep finding quite large chunks of foil like glitteri in it. I really dislike this as I have to scrape it of my skin. For this reason, I am removing 1 star.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Eugeniet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Drat! Why must the first super expensive foundation I've tried be my HG?! I normally wear MAC or Prescriptives (all of which are now gathering dust....). This gives lovely, buildable cover, which makes my skin look flawless - and like I've had more than four hours sleep....
While I would never normally spend $120 odd NZ on a foundation, I will happily shell out again for a foundation that makes me look airbrushed.

Update: I had to travel to another city for work today - foundation went on at 4.30am, and is still looking good at 8.30pm - 16 hours later.......not bad at all!