November 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Toners - Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

let me give you some background info on my skin- ive suffered from acne since i was 17 and the ONLY thing to have cleared it was Dianette, however it was not a long term solution as i gained a few hefty pounds whilst on it! My skin also stayed clear during pregnancy and breastfeeding but once i stopped the acne came his back! I took antibiotics which helped for 6 months ago but soon stopped working!! like life isnt full of problems already and to then deal with acne on top of that?! wheres the justice i say? out of sheer desperation i splased out on really expensive skin treatments, products, peels etc. I probably spent around a thousand pounds in total but without too much success. after having read some reviews on green tea i thought 'what the hell? i'll give this a shot too! along with zince supplements and acv. well after drinking green tea for over a month (mixed with manuka honey as its tastes rank otherwise) i can report its calmed my skin down! i have 2 active spots as im typing this but nothing major. also when i do breakout they aren't throbbing pus filled planets..they're smaller and heal quicker. im by no means cured and now i have a million scars to deal with but i'm not constantly staring into a handheld mirror and crying to myself all the while acting like a hermit who is afraid to scare the world and leave the house!! so hope this review helps guys and if anyone can give me some info on how to treat scars i'll be much obliged!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great find on MUA. I do have a problem with oiliness and this has reduced it. The fact is, tea is a drying agent. (side story: Dr. Oz recommended to his guest who has a bad feet odor problem to soak it in tea to dry it out, thus reducing sweat and odor)

So applying that same principal, it should reduce the production of oil, which it did in my case. I brew about 6-8oz of Green Tea, let it cool, and place it in a small cosmetic spray bottle. Every morning and night, after cleansing my face, I spray some onto a cotton ball and apply. I immediately feel my skin tightening and toned. Then I apply moisturizer.

For less than $2/20 bags its a great cheap alternative. I just want to caution people to change your supply frequently 1-2 days just to keep it from harvesting bacteria or growing mold. Some refrigerate it so It will keep longer but I dont because going to the fridge downstairs is just not party of my regiment lol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ALstylist

I have found during the summer months this is the most beneficial for my skin. Brew Green Tea or Chamomile atleast 5 minutes or more for stronger mixture and keep in a little spritz bottle in the fridge. I use this as a refreshing mist after a workout or heat/sun exposure or can be used as a toner applied with cotton balls/pads after cleansing in the am/pm. Very refreshing and soothing for sensitivity and dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nitekid

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading so many positive experience with green tea-bag toner, I decided to try it. I brewed a pot of green tea and then chill it. I have tried messaging the green tea bag on to my face and also dabbing chilled green tea onto my face (Not at the same time though). My face felt really tight after using either method, and then it got really dry with white flaky patches on my cheek. I had a bit of flaky patches on my cheeks before trying the green tea toner but the condition gotten way worse after I tried it. All I can say is that what works for many may not work for everyone. Oh well, it was worth a try =D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by summerseabreeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using all things natural. For an oily-skin gal like me using green tea as a toner helps a lot, more so in a year-round warm humid climate like where I live. I find areas of redness around my nose reduced after a swipe of this. I usually just use the tea bag neat as it is, careful not to let it drip onto clothes! if i travel i make a cup of green tea, let it cool and pour into a travel bottle. It stays good for at least 2 days. I also drink a cup of green tea every morning half an hour before breakfast. I find it works better on a empty stomach. Sometimes I might add some fresh lime juice or lemon if there is any lying around. Great stuff and oh-so cheap too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by 2lygit

Double edged sword! Green tea (esp with lemon juice) aids digestion which is very good for skin and overall health. What I do is, first thing in the morning I'll cleanse my face, make some green tea and while I'm drinking it I'll rub the teabag (lol) all over my face, then moisturise. The tea toner is great, it reduces redness, makes my skin look more even and takes away the shiny look, instead it just looks nicely hydrated. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't be using this as a toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive found that green tea was more beneficial to my skin when i was drinking it, than it was when i was smoothing it onto my face.
when i drink green tea, my skin looks and feels healthier! when i pat it onto my skin... well, it didnt do anything bad... but it didnt do anything good either.
didnt improve my complexion. didnt improve my acne. it sort of just... sat there. it also made my skin feel tight (even with moisturizer), but it didnt tighten up my pores.
i saw no major benefits in my trial-run, so i wont continue to hassle myself with DIY green tea toners.
i think im just gonna stick to drinking my green tea.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I started using green tea (or sometimes white tea) as a toner about a week ago after reading about it here on MUA. I have never really used toners in the past, but was intrigued by using pure & natural tea after reading about all the positve benefits it has for the body and skin- and the fact that it has so many wonderful properties (ant-irritant, antioxidant, astrigent, etc). I feel that this has been a nice recent addition to my skin care routine. Using the tea as a toner after cleansing makes my skin feel a little cleaner. Plus it feels soothing- and I swear it gives an almost immediate glow. I think my skin has never looked better. I am finding that the more natural products I use (i.e. I have been using pure olive oil as a moisturizer, tumeric mask, etc) the better my skin looks and feels. And I am getting most of these suggestions from MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best. Toner. Ever. Green tea does everything- clears up acne, reduces redness, smooths the skin...it's a miracle really. I drink a cup of organic green tea infused with mint, then I just wipe the tea bag all over my face. If my eyes are tired and puffy I'll lay the tea bag over each of my eyes for a while. The green tea by itself is great, and the mint just leaves an awesome energizing tingling feeling on my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love green tea, both drinking it and putting it on my skin. I use it in the mornings after washing my face with cold water. I just let my tea seep while I get clean, and then pat the warmish bag directly on my face, I find it really soothing. :) I put my moisturiser on top while my skin is till wet, because otherwise my face feels a bit tight afterwards.

The tea will help control oil, and for that reason I would avoid getting any too near your eye area, as it can be drying. You can also use black or white tea - white tea is less processed than green, and contains more antioxidants and other goodies. Black has more caffeine which can help make your face less puffy in the morning. And all of them can be used to set your make up if you put some in an atomiser. Nice, effective and cheap.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No