April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin so I thought maybe a tinted moisturizer would be good for my combination skin. This TM didn't work for me. The oily parts of my face became ten times oiler. I'm not counting off for that because the product is supposed to moisturize. However, on the drier parts of my face, this TM caused my eczema to flare. I'm giving this product a two because if you have slightly dry skin with no eczema problems, I think it might work for you. The coverage was nice, very light. The color was great, too. I bought the light to natural color and it was perfect for my light, warm toned skin. This stuff is quite yellow, so beware. I loved the color because it matched my skin perfectly but I know that cooler toned girls would have issues with the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months and my skin absolutely loves it. Sinks in quickly & makes my skin SILKY soft all day and into the night. It has descent coverage for a TM. The scent is strong at first but then fades very quickly. You MUST give it a little shake before you use it. I have Normal to dry skin, acne prone around the chin and mouth. Does not break me out. It doesn't completely cover my acne scars, I need a seperate concealer for that but over all evens out my complexion. I really love it. Highly recomend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by catlady_2536

i exchanged the powder, which was too light and what i thought was a chalky finish for this. this deos have a strong lavendar smell that goes away after application. i like the smell but be warned it is strong!
I got the natural/tan darkest color for summer. i am a light complexion with freckles, and this color works, it blends well and feels very light on the face. i usse this with my clinique moisturizer and a light sweep of bronzer powder.

so far this stuff appears to be very good. i have sensitive skin, so i will update this if it causes me to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.95%. SPF 15.
it smells like lavender. its not loaded with crap chemical fragrance so of course it won't smell like chanel.

i love this. its a perfect TM for me. i still use my regular moisturizer under it...as I do with all TM. dewy finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pghjezebel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when PF came out with this new Organic Line. I bought a concealer, tinted moisturizer, and a bronzer.

I wore it for one day so far, and I have to say I'm not too impressed. The powder is too shiny for me. I suppose I could go buy the Matte Finishing Veil Translucent to take care of that problem. But I really don't want another layer on my skin.

Even the concealer (which matched my skin tone wonderfully, and went on well...) now looks cakey. All the pores on my face look huge and you can see the powder. In natural light I look even worse.

I didn't mind the lavender smell that goes along with the tinted moisturizer, and it faded after I put it on away. But the moisturizer itself at the end of the day left my skin feeling tight and my cheeks were bright red all day. I don't think my skin liked it, and I normally dont have sensitive skin at all.

I loved their packaging and the fact that it was organic, and had a somewhat decent rating on Skin Deep...but other than those two points, it really disappointed me. I was going to try going a shade darker on the powder light someone suggested in another review to see if it helped at all with the shininess, but I don't think it's worth it.

This batch is going back to Ulta for a refund. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I've never started a product review this way, but I have to say, "Eeeeewwwwwwwww". I knew the instant I opened this that I would hate it. After smelling it, I couldn't bear the thought of it being on my skin, but for the good of Makeupalley-kind, I did. The smell is that of an incense stick.... strong, herbal, not a good smell for something that would be so close to your nose. The color is the other thing. If I were say.....Marge Simpson, the lightest color would be perfect. Seeing that I'm not a yellow cartoon character, I'd like to know, WTH was Physician's Formula thinking? I give it two lippies, one for the squeeze bottle, which is a trait I adore and one for the fact that it's "green" and organic. Nevertheless, this stuff went straight to the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

This comes out really drippy...like foundation, not at all like a tinted moisturizer should be. It dried almost instantly when I put it on my face, because of all the alcohol in it, making it impossible to blend in. The fragrance is also overwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by elirose725

I was looking for a new foundation that would be quick and easy. After looking at the reviews, I decided to try PF. I love it! I can just put it on with my fingers, and it plends perfectly. It does have a strong odor, but as soon as it dries, it goes away. I have faily dry skin and I don't even have to use my moisturizer with this product. The only thing is that I need to set it with some loose powder. It stays all day and evens out my face. I will definitley buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Personally, I think "organic" is the biggest marketing ploy around these days. I mean, I think the second ingredient in this stuff is alcohol. I don't care if it's organic alcohol or not--alcohol is still not a skin-friendly ingredient. Sorry, but IMO "organic" or "natural" does not necessarily equate to "good for my skin." That aside, I was in the market for a new TM and this one had good reviews, and I've generally liked PF products in the past.
PROS: the "ivory to fair" shade I bought is a good match for my fair skin w/ yellow undertones. For reference I wear NARS Deauville/ BB Warm Ivory/ LM Nude. I think that works out to something like NC20-25 for MAC. Coverage is pretty good for a TM--I've had foundations that are sheerer than this--this point could be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. I'd say expect this to perform like a semi-sheer dewy finish foundation rather than a standard TM. Packaging is nice, and the price is pretty good. I like the fact the sunscreen is Titanium Dioxide since chemical SS tends to make me break out no matter what. Overall, a nice product to be had at drugstore prices and convenience.

CONS: Overwhelming scent of lavendar--I really dislike facial products with this heavy of a fragrance. Plus, essential oil anything makes my skin start to feel hot and irritated It's either this or the alcohol that makes my face feel kind of uncomfortable as the day goes on. My face gets shiny and stays shiny wearing this no matter how much powder I pack on my T-zone. Although it fades noticeably, the fragrance lingers enough to make my eyes itchy and red.

Bottom line: if you're not sensitive to fragrance or alcohol, and are not terribly oily I think you'd probably like this. I'm not terribly oily, but I dislike the shiny-ish finish it leaves anyway. I won't be repurchasing b/c I can't stand the itchy skin/ eyes, but as with most things YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by christine1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product because most of its ingredients are organic, the price is great, it's easy to get it anywhere, the colors are good, I don't get oily from it.... but I think that I get some break out from it. I used Jane Iredale's before (pressed powder) and I never broke out. So I think I will go back to my old habits... I like the idea of liquid foundation, but it seems like to will always make me break out.