October 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very fine milled highlighting powder. It has five stripes of color, in various champagne, golden toned shades. It makes a stunning highlight for cheek bones, cuspids bow inner eye corner and brow bone. It also looks lovely used as eye shadow.
The shimmer is so fine, it makes skin look luminous. Good quality product. Good job Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful natural sheen! Has five strips of different colors that I like to either mix in or use separately on different areas of the face. So far, my favorite highlighter of life!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

I don't own many highlighters but this one is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After purchasing rose diamond and loving it so much, I was very excited to try amber diamond. I was afraid it might end up looking a little too brown/bronzy on, but it actually looks amazing on my NC20 skin! I've found that with rose diamond, I can sometimes overdo it and end up looking slightly too pink, but the shades in amber diamond blend in with my skin even better and really do just leave me with a healthy glow. I would best describe the color of the highlighter on my skin as gold, but it is not obviously gold. Just a warm sheen. It's beautiful! I just swipe it over the tops of my cheekbones and it really completes my look. I would definitely repurchase this, if it weren't discontinued, and I'm afraid I will have a hard time finding a replacement for it. Just like with rose diamond, there are no obvious glitter chunks. This is a very sophisticated highlighter, and I am very happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had wanted to try this product forever ! I'm Nc15 and i love gold Highlighters. This Highlighter is so finally milled it gives such a beautiful glow to my cheekbones. I cant believe how many compliments I have had since I started using it. So glad I bought it , its a HG product now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by diannekaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally gotten the famous Dior Amber Diamond and I'm so glad I did! I bought this in one of my Sephora Hauls. I was very hesitant to purchase this because of the price tag. At $44, I was definitely hesitant! But I purchased this at the Sephora Friends and Family sale, so seeing that I get 20% off I thought I might as well. Plus, there was a rumor going around that it was going to get discontinued so I jumped on the band wagon. The powder is so finely milled it's amazing! The pigmentation is absolutely amazing! It looks so beautiful on the skin I can hardly believe it. I just love the shimmer and shine it give off. I'm between NC30-NC37. It is not oily looking at all, just gives a beautiful glow. You can use the colors separately but I prefer using the colors swirled together for a beautiful highlight. This powder can also work as an eyeshadow...using the lighter colors as a great inner highlight. My pictures do not do this highlighter any justice. It was definitely worth the price tag!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product. It gives my skin a healthy glow without making me look oily. The color suits me perfectly as it is flattering on my warm skin (NC25). It is finely milled and looks natural on the skin.

The only reason I wouldn't give this 5 lippies is because of 1. the price (granted, it will last me forever) and 2. it doesn't last all day on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by eoconnor9484

I agree with the post below. I don't get it. This worked OK -- not great -- for me. I couldn't really see it very much, and when I did notice it, it never looked great. I don't know, maybe I am not using the right brush to apply but I prefer other luminizers. The kicker is that it crumbled into a nasty mess about a month after I bought it. It is unacceptable to pay so much for a product only for it to crumble so quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by indianagal1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really really wanted to love this product. I love Dior packaging and products, but this one just does not work on dark skin like mine the way I wanted it to. My skin tends to be dry in patches and oily the rest and this product just has way too much shimmer that settle in the oily creases. It does, however, give you an immediate all over glow that does not last too long if you are oily or sweat like me. It also, I suspect, irritates my skin because my pores start showing within half hour of having the product on my face. Might work for the rest of the body maybe, but I am not a shimmer person. I like the Benefit Watt's up sooo much better. And the price just cannot be justified any which way for the cons its has.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have light-medium beige skin and had high hopes after reading fabulous reviews at Sephora. Like another reviewer who stated she couldn't get it to show up unless she layered it on very heavily I have the same issue. When I finally get enough on it looks like I smeared icing on my face. Plus, I have very, very oily skin and truthfully after a couple of hours it's pretty hard to distinguish the oil from this highlighter. If you have medium or dark skin with yellow or olive tones you will probably love this. Unfortunately, it' snot for me.