Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 4/30/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the light brown color. It wasn't the worst brow pencil I've ever had, and I didn't mind it. I paid about 5 or 6 dollars for it. The problem was that it ran out after only about two weeks. I don't have thick eyebrows, & I only used it once a day. Not worth the price.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I dislike it. Got the color in medium, brownish reddish tone. Not suitable for me.

Kate brow pencil (Japanese brand) is so much better in applicable, with the same fine tip.

Asian
NC20 - NC25
Black hair

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive always wanted an eyebrow pencil that made my perfectly threaded eyebrows look defined and I have found that product. This will be added to my make up collection, I love this brown pencil so much and get so many compliments on my brows. I have this is medium brown which matches my brows perfectly, it lasts the whole day, doesn't smudge, isn't too dark to make me look like a monster, was a good price, but most of all, I love it and will be repurchasing again.

on 4/26/2013 5:40:00 PM

I got the shade light to dark blonde, and it looked way too reddish brown on me! My brows didn't match any of the shades! I did like the formula though. The consistency is perfect for the natural look and it glides on smoothly.

on 4/24/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect brow pencil. Thin enough to fill out specific areas. Never leave home without it! Will definately buy again and stock up when there is a BOGO sale.

on 4/23/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this pencil in Light Brown and Medium Brown to define the arch and extend the wing. I use another product to fill in but this is great for arches.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have to agree with several other reviewers, it is just too waxy or soft for me. My eyebrows, which are almost non-existent, appear drawn on-which although that is almost precisely what i have to do (plus, they are so pale now) HOWEVER, I, of course, do not want them to appear "drawn on." Almay had the perfect brow pencil, which I have no longer been able to find for well over a year now! I need a very fine point, that is more hard than soft, but not too hard. I do not look good with thick brows. I had been settling for this, but, the one I just bought is going back! I am resolving to find something better, somehow!

on 4/22/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

JUST as good as any MAC or Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil. I've tried them all. I do prefer a powder over my eyebrows, but when I want a bolder look I go for Define-a-brow in dark brown.

If it helps at all, I have a demonstration of how I apply it while I talk about how I like it (split-screen style) on Youtube. Search wjmalique and MAC Drugstore Haul :)

on 4/16/2013 5:04:00 PM

***MAC DUPE ALERT***
I was pretty surprisingly impressed by this! I thought I'd try other brands than MAC and found this little precious at CVS. It was half off so I said fuck it and I almost love it! Not a fan of the little comb at the bottom but other than that completely identical to the MAC brow pencil! Same size and the light blonde is the exact same color. Its not as thick and it smudges a little more than the MAC pencil but for like $5 vs $16 you can't really bitch. Overall Im pretty stoked, now I gotta go back and buy the other colors for my kit!!!!

on 4/14/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have light brown eyebrow hair and bought the dark blonde shade (I was using MAC omega to occasionally fill in before). If I had gone darker (there is a light brown shade), I think it would have been too dark for my eyebrows. The formula is just waxy enough to keep hairs down and blends in well with the rest of my eyebrow. I never thought eyebrow makeup made a difference until I used this. The only negative is that I have to twist it up once or sometimes twice when applying it which uses up the product faster. I would recommend if you want a little bit of wax and color.

Popular Brows Products