September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I have tried a variety of drugstore and department store eyebrow pencils, but I liked this one overall, even though I admittedly have not tried the MAC eyebrow product that it is compared with in these reviews.

It definitely did its job for me in filling my eyebrows. The mechanical applicator is easy to use and its thinness makes it easy for a precise application.

I am unsure why this product has a relatively low rating for packaging. The twisting cap worked fine for me.

The product lasted a bit longer for me than comparable drugstore/department store eyebrow pencils, so not sure about the complaints about little product.

I tried this product in medium brown, and I agree that it is a bit red in shade and would not work as well with someone who has more cool undertones. You can probably try to avoid the red by making finer strokes instead of heavy, long strokes (but you shouldn't be filling brows with a very heavy hand anyway).

I probably will try out the dark brown color next time to see if that one is less red than the medium, but I would still happily repurchase the define-a-brow product in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this after reading several reviews on YT,blogs about how this this pencil was a dupe for the Mac one. Being as the small area I live in I only have the option to order or drive to a Mac counter. So when I was out of my Strut pencil I happen to grab this one day. I was a little bummer they didn't have a color close to strut but,but I grabbed the dark brown & it works for when my hair isn't done. Overall this is a nice brow pencil & the comb on the end is a plus. I'll def keep it for a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all of the time, and it's been awhile but I do remember that I loved it. It stays on, I love the little brush that comes with it, and it looks natural but also is dark enough for really sparse brows. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lncushin

When I first started using this product, much like other people's thoughts, I believed I had found a dup for MAC's brow pencil. After switching back and fourth between the two products, I have to say, not quite. I am someone with VERY FEW eyebrow hairs. I have to draw on my entire eyebrow, which means I need to be very careful of accidentally rubbing it off, or if someone accidentally hits my brows, I need something that is going to stay.

While this brow pencil would be good for someone who simply needs to fill in a bit, I'd say steer away if you are like me and need to literally draw on your eyebrows. It does not stay put as well as the MAC brow pencils by any means. I give the product a 4 as most people do have more eyebrow hairs than I do, and it would work perfectly fine for them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by AngelaAlive

I was previously using the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in the color Brunette when I unfortunately ran out. I was going crazy looking for a quick substitute that was similar to my beloved brow pencil and I must say, Maybelline Define a Brow is nearly identical. I LOVE the thin pencil because of allows you to make thin strokes for a more natural hair-like look. It's not too creamy to wear it looks fake and the Medium Brown color was a perfect match for me. AMAZING PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this in medium and dark brown, medium is way to reddish but dark brown is a good ash brown and since it's not incredibly creamy it doesn't seem to go on to dark. Comb on the end is useless-every brow brush should come with a spoolie! Not sure how long it will last so we'll see if it's worth it but for someone that is never satisfied with the ashyness in brown brow pencils I think I would keep purchasing it. Some are saying dark brown has been discontinued-I live in Canada and there are still a lot here but maybe they will get rid of it. My other fav brow pencil is universal dark brown by annabelle, it is pretty much the exact same as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jacquimunar

I love this pencil! I used to splurge and get the Anastasia brow pencil for $20 and this is for the fraction of the cost! For 6 bucks who can beat that!

I do love how it's thin and waxed based and glides smoothly making it more natural looking.

One of the cons is the comb on the end of the pencil. I wish there was a mascara tip brush at the end but hey I can use another brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I LOVE this brow liner. I don't think I could go back to any other after using this one. I've never tried MAC's, though I have heard that it's very good and comparable. It's a very thin pencil, which I love because it allows for exact precision. It can be hard to find sometimes, I hope it isn't discontinued.

The one CON is that the shades err on the warm side, meaning that they aren't perfect for people with cool undertones, like me. It doesn't look bad, and I still use it, but the dark brown is more red than ashy brown. It may not be suitable for ladies with very cool skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CagedBird9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm quite surprised by the wonderful reviews. The color is way off. I believe I got the darkest brown available (forgot the name) and there is this reddish tint to it that makes my eyebrows look horrible. Perhaps the color is just not right for me?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by hadas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Dark Blond. It works fine, I'm happy with the color and the texture, but the fact that it is so incredibly thin - it's about 1/3 the diameter of most automatic eye pencils - means that there is very little actual product inside the pencil tube. I end up using a couple millimeters every time I do my brows, which means this will only last me about a couple weeks or so. I find myself having to twist up more product constantly because each swipe across the brow uses up so much. At $7-8 per pencil, this can get really expensive. A fine pencil, but way overpriced for how little product you're actually getting here. They should have given you a couple more replacement sticks and made it so you can load them in yourself, like an automatic lead pencil that you use in school!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No