April 24, 2014 | 1377 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by poprocks86

I love this powder. It is very fine and a little bit goes a long way. Initially I thought the powder was going to be too light, but it blended into my skin perfectly. My only gripe is probably the packaging. It looks super cute and all, but it gets really messy and powder flies out a lot. Pricing wasn't too bad IMO considering the quality. Got this at the Bergdorf Goodman website for $30, which is a couple dollars cheaper than other websites. I got this in Wheat for my Asian skin. I also use Luminous Skin Colour foundation in Olive. I am slightly tan and a MAC NC40 if that helps anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is truly the most WONDERFUL loose powder out there. The powder is so fine, it dusts easily onto the skin without caking or settling into lines. I'm on my second purchase, and the first one lasted almost a year. I used the "Bisque" shade at first, but am now using "Ginger" since I self-tan (check out Clarins Liquid Bronze, BEST!). Better than translucent powder, Becca comes in wide variety of shades. It's still forgiving on the shade like translucent, but allows for a truly airbrushed finish. The only drawback is the packaging. The sifter is messy and application with the included puff is not good. I transfer the powder to an empty Laura Mercier powder tub, and sift with that. I apply with Japonesque's powder brush. Even with the packaging flaw, the product quality FAR outweighs it. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Mariana83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The greatest loose powder out there. Its so finely milled and it dissapears on the skin upon application and whats left is this gorgeous matte look. It sets my make up perfectly, its so natural looking that you can't tell that I'm wearing powder. The texture is so soft and refined, my HG loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by teddyblue

Love this stuff. Has not caked on me a single time(knock on wood) and if feels so light! and it doesnt look like i am wearing a mask. I have this in MOcha for my NC 42 skin. and it works like a dream. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on recs from the lovely ladies here at MUA (on the makeup board) and all i have to say is "thanks"! This is by far the best powder i have ever tried. Its not dry like other powders i tried. It doesnt accentuate my dry flaky skin and has really great coverage. I can use this just over concealer without foundation and look close to flawless. With foundation i look like a porcelain goddess (ok well maybe not that good! lol). I really hate the price but it last such a long time (been using for 5 months and its still at least 3/4ths full). I would def purchase agian. A HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

I LOVE this powder. It looks so natural on me and sets the make-up for hours. The powder is so fine and doesn't leave a cakey powdery appearance. In fact it looks as if I don't have makeup on at all. Also,I don't mind the packaging since I lightly shake the powder and the inner clear lid usually has just enough powder clinging to it to powder my entire face. I just take a powder blush and dab it on the clear lid to make sure that the bristles are evenly coated then I apply with very light stokes to my face. If I find that I need a little more powder, I just repeat the process. It prevents dipping the brush into the powder and I think it's a little more sanitary. I Highly Recommend this Product! EDIT: I've moved on to CdP Translucent powder...although Becca is still nice...I like CdP much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks to the rave reviews on this site I decided to give this powder a try. This is the best loose powder I've used!! Silky, moisture-infused, perfect color. The true test is that I've been using it under my eyes to set Laura Mercier Secret Concealer.....and it does NOT accentuate wrinkles at all! In fact, it makes my undereye area look smooth and flawless. Wears all day and into the night without fail. I ordered from Nordstrom and the "Sesame" color is a bit darker than I thought it would be, but turned out to be a perfect match for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice powder. It is a little heavier than my Chantcaille, but it does absorb oil better. I have this in Sesame. It is just a little bit lighter than my Chantcaille "light". I had initially purchased Bisque, but that was way to pink--kind of like a white mixed with petal pink. It made me look chalky in natural light, as I have olive undertones. Sesame was the perfect color for me. I pair it with the LSC in cashmere.
I do like the finish of Chantcaille a bit better..but it doesn't really keep my shine free during the day like the Becca does.
The big gripe I have about this product is the packaging. It makes using this powder a very messy experience. If they had made plastic insert with smaller holes and made it a good 1/4 inch deeper the powder wouldn't fly out as easily.They could also fit a nicer puff in the case as well. (and yes, I am an engineer, so I think about weird stuff like this)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 2:19:00 AM More reviews by fayatte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love love love this. got it in wheat. bought it a teeny bit lighter than my skin (the next shade was a teeeeeny bit dark) so my skin would "light up" instead of look darker. IT NEVER GETS CAKEY! LOOKS LIKE REAL SKIN! 'nuff said.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 5:19:00 AM More reviews by stbarthsbeaute

Fantastic powder - light texture but good coverage and a nice range of colors.