October 31, 2014 | 1457 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It does work to grow in eyelashes and eyebrows. I saw a difference after about 2 weeks of using it nightly. I saw a huge difference after 6 weeks or so. However when I dropped off the wagon and stopped using it my eyelashes did not maintain their bounty. So I gotta get back on it. I don't use on lower lashes as I have bumps there. I dip a clean cotton swab in the bottle wipe off excess then slowly swipe it across the base of my upper lashes then gently dabbed my lashes with it. It's important to be precise where you put this. I wasn't careful before and ended up with tiny lashes above my regular lashes which freaked me out as in a second row of lashes on my eyelid Yikes! It works well for filling out my brows but again be careful where you put it. I do this at night right before I lay down b/c its a pain to walk around with it on. Don't get into eyes and make sure to scape off extra before applying but other wise it really works. Haven't used it enough in my hair to notice any difference.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle of castor oil from my local co-op after reading its praises on MA. I've been using it every night on my lashes and every other night or so on my brows (my brows are long, dark, and unruly, but due to tweezing and waxing to achieve that gross gangly brow that was trendy when I was a kid, they've thinned out over the years). I've been doing this for a couple of weeks and I must say I'm impressed with the results! My lashes are much longer in the outer corners and when I lift the lid, I can see new ones growing in underneath. My lashes are so, so soft and much more flexible now as well! I have also seen new growth on my eyebrows. The inner part of the brow is generally more sparse than the rest (I think that's true of anyone, really), but I've got some little baby hairs coming in that area.

Other notes: I have really sensitive skin and castor oil has not broken me out at all. I'm also taking acne meds, so maybe that's why. I am also prone to styes and may have gotten one but it seems to have cleared up on its own over the weekend. Castor oil has antibacterial properties, I guess?

Anyway, castor oil is pretty fantastic.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Do not use around eyes if prone to styes. Or do use it but make sure the oil isn't rancid, and clean it off completely before applying makeup in the morning. I mix it with olive oil, and use it on my brows, lashes (half a drop is more than enough fr both eyes), and hair. The over-plucked areas in my brows began coming back within a few days of use. It darkened my hair significantly, people commented on it. I think it leaches out hair dye as castor oil is known for that 'pulling' action. I much preferred my hair like that, it took out all the harsh, brassy tones and softened it to a darker caramel. It makes my hair extremely luscious and soft, and reduces fallout. An Arabic recipe is equal parts of castor, olive or coconut, and almond oil for the hair. This stimulates hair growth. Massage it well into the scalp with a sort of drumming and tapping motion with your fingers and leave it overnight.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Sydk20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Jamaican black castor oil from amazon a few months ago because I heard it helps to grow hair back. I used it all and couldn't go more than a few weeks without it. It was a little to thick and had a strong smell so I bought home health castor oil from amazon in 32 oz. I prefer the home health castor oil because it has a very very light scent and it is not thick. I have had issues with growing in my hairline and sides of my hair after going natural and this oil has brought my hair back. I thought there was no hope for my hair but this oil has completely grown in my hair. I am now using it on my eyebrows and eye lashes and I can say I am seeing positive results. Castor oil is a god send!!!!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by meemicah

Ever since I learned about castor oil off MUA a few years ago, I've been totally converted. I use it on my eyelashes and it makes them grow longer. The trick is to be pretty consistent with it at first, then ease off after it starts working, just use it like every other night or every few days, just often enough so it doesn't stop working.
I think maybe the theory behind how it works is that since its antibacterial/antimicrobial, it inhibits microscopic critters on your eyelashes and your lashes can grow to their true potential! haha I think I might have an overactive imagination, but I swear castor oil is a miracle oil.
Not really beauty related, but I also use it on swollen lymph nodes around my neck, I massage the castor oil in small circles and it relieves the swelling and pain. It also works if your eye gets super irritated from allergies or whatever and starts to get swollen and pink, I put just a little bit of castor oil in my eye and it relieves it immediately. I have no idea how it works, but anyways those are the random uses I've found for castor oil throughout the years. I try not to get it around my eyebrows because my eyebrows are thick enough and it makes them grow in faster. And I definitely do NOT use it all over my face because I have very sensitive skin and it makes me break out.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff has been a revelation. I bought it because it'd been rumored to make hair grow in thicker, and since mine is thin, that sounded awesome. In truth, I can't say my hair is thicker, but it sure seems a LOT healthier than it was before.

The weirdest aspect about this product is that it doesn't make my hair oily. I warm up about a quarter amount between my palms and rub it onto my scalp about 10 minutes before showering. As long as I give my hair a good shampooing, oiliness is never, ever a problem. This is indeed weird, as I've tried a lot of different oils on my hair (grape seed, coconut, olive), and this is the only one that doesn't give my hair the wet look after a shower. It's a thick oil, but maybe it has something to do with the molecular structure? I have no idea, but it's great.

Totally recommended.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

From when I started using mascara at around 16 my eyelashes were always long and perfectly thick they were like my prized possession I'm not sure if it was all the mascara use or improper care but once I hit 20 they became more thinner - not as long - almost unmanageable :( I don't know if anyone else has experienced this however I've always tried to take care of them the best I could I mean ( the Vaseline trick - vitamin e - never leaving mascara on before bed - making sure all of it was off - not wearing falsies ) but I don't know what happened. As a last resort I tried this I got it in walgreens for $5.99 ( Walgreens brand ) and it said on the bottle it was 100% castor oil. I used it for a few weeks straight every night and it seemed to be working okay as far as length. I didn't change anything in my regime and it kind of seemed to stop working. I don't know if I was maybe applying too much or not enough maybe I got the wrong one ? Any insight ?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the store brand laxative version to use on my eyelashes, which had broken off in places due to old mascara and seemed doomed to remain forever stubby! I was reluctant to use oil due to the fact that applying it to my face inevitably results in breakouts (no matter the type of oil) but like I said my lashes seemed in no hurry to grow back.

I tried emu oil first but after a couple weeks of getting no results whatsoever (aside from some new zits around my brows and upper cheeks) I tried this stuff. It also gives me eyebrow zits despite the fact that I do not apply it on my brows... I started seeing results after about a week. Its still slow going but I can't complain because I was getting kinda scared they weren't gonna grow back... The lashes that weren't broken are now all long and full enough that the ones growing in aren't even noticeable. I just dab it pretty generously on my lash lines and in my lashes. It's all thick and slimy but surprisingly, It seems to be absorbed by the time I wake up and hasn't affected my eye makeup during the day (when I used to use EVOO for eye MU remover my eyeliner practically melted off during the days no matter the primer I used).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a bottle for 23 dollars.

I bought a bottle of castor oil at Wal-Mart to use on my lashes. I applied it to the base of my lashes every night with an eyeliner brush. It did seem to help them grow thicker and longer. In fact, I think it was as effective as Talika Lipocils for a whole lot less money. But alas, it also increased the number of pimples I got around my eye area (upper cheeks, brow area, bridge of my nose).

I finally discontinued using it, and the breakouts cleared.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Castor oil is great for brows and lashes. Instead of the pure oil which has a weird scent, I bought the Live Clean Baby Non-Petroleum Jelly. The main ingredient is castor oil, and it feels just like Vaseline. I brush my brows every night with it to train them and promote growth. I find the thick formula holds my brows better (for training purposes) and it smells good!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No