Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 10/19/2011 12:12:00 PM

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I wasn't expecting to love it, only because I only associate Neutrogena with face washes and stuff. But it does a very good job of seperating lashes and defining them. I think it lengthened, but it was kind of hard to tell cuz I already have long eyelashes. The brush was great for seperating the lashes out. The only issue for me was that towards the end, it got kind of gunky and gross and clumpy, which I realize happens to all mascaras, but I felt like it ran out much faster than the other ones. But overall, it's one of the best drugstore ones I've ever used and I will definetely repurchase, which is not something I usually do :)

on 10/9/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First thing I have to say is, I love this brush! It's the first thing I keep in mind when buying a mascara. It's dense and big and does a great job at applying mascara evenly through my lashes.

I find that one coat gives me a lot of coverage and sometimes two coats is pushing it, well for me at least. I've also noticed that it gives me a bit of lengthening too.

The only downside is that the formula is a bit dry and when my eyes tear up, this mascara definitely runs. But perhaps I'll try the waterproof formula!

on 9/23/2011 1:02:00 AM

I bought this in black brown as I've been unable to find my usual Maybelline Full n Soft mascara in that shade at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. lately.I love it as it brings out my blue eyes the same way the Maybelline mascara does. And no irritation either. A good everyday, natural looking mascara!

on 9/15/2011 12:01:00 PM

Nice! I'm not sure if it's "healthy" but I think it's a nice everyday mascara. No clumps, no fuss especially before work. Don't really have to "work" with it if you know what I mean. Just on and out the door. It gives a nice coat and it does not flake for me. I've had it run a tiny bit but my eyes are watery from allergies right now so that's not a surprise.

on 8/16/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to everyday mascara. I love that they make it in Black/Brown (so much better for a fair skin blonde). It's natural and not overly obtrusive, gives nice volume as it says, and it doesn't flake. Sometimes though it may smear a tiny bit, but not enough to irritate me. With most drugstore mascaras, I have found their formula feels very light, but thin, almost watery as it goes on. This has substance, but doesn't clump, and for that I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this but I couldn't. I only used one tube and never tried it again.

It does go on well and I liked the fact it was better for your lashes. It didn't prove to be anything better than that.
It ran off my lashes shortly after applying. It looked as if I had been crying. It didn't give any volume or define my lashes. It did give a decent black color but when it melts off your lashes, what's the point?

It was pretty expensive for a drug store brand that can't even preform.

Even if it had manged to remain on my eyes, it's not special anyway, like I had said. It would have been okay for errand running or short daytime activities. Major disappointment.

You can get higher quality product for cheaper, that's not as harsh on your eyes as well.

on 6/30/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Update 2: Just bought again expecting the same weightless volume and thought I could deal with the flakes but they have reformulated this mascara however not noted on pkg.

It is now a wetter formula. I have to work to get curl to stay in my lashes. It also gives a glossy look to the lashes but with the wetter formula some of the previous weightless volume is gone. Flaking now is not an issue. Brush, however stayed the same. I hope this dries out to be the perfect combo but for right now it's a whole different mascara. You will achieve a glossy natural look with very little volume unless you have already thick and curled lashes.

Update: Have bought and used 3 times and this does flake a small amount for me so won't buy again. I do love how lightweight this is but I don't want to worry about my stupid mascara.

Pros: Cheap. Non-irritating, does what it says. Very lightweight. Gives lashes some volume but it is not an over the top look making it perfect for day wear. No smudging or flaking even in southern heat.

Cons: could be a little more water resistant. Brush is oversized; had to learn to love it. Have not seen any longterm benefits but am still on 1st tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this when I was experiencing some lash loss and breakage. I thought it might be more gentle than some other mascaras while my lashes grew back. It's not inky black like other products and it doesn't provide incredible volume but it does define lashes and makes them look a little more full. I did not notice any smudging or flaking and it was easy enough to remove. I won't repurchase unless I need it again during lash regrowth... it doesn't do anything special for me. Just an average mascara.

on 2/15/2011 6:05:00 PM

Covergirl lashblast was always my favorite drugstore mascara, til I tried this one. It adds so much more volume and doesn't clump. It lasts long- I never notice any transferring or flaking. It looks very natural so it's great for every day, but can be layered to look more dramatic. I don't know how this product doesn't get more hype. I'd definitely recommend you try it out!

on 2/7/2011 8:32:00 PM

pros: volumizes, quite a bit of lengthening, easy removal, and NO SMUDGING
cons: has a slight scent to it, but not enough to bother anyone
my lashes: short and sparse
my take: I bought this product at my local CVS while walking down the makeup section. It caught my eye, because I love everything Neutrogena (well, skin-care wise at least!). So, when I saw that they had makeup, I was elated!
The mascara's brush is quite thick, and very full. When I first tried to use it, the large brush was a bit intimidating, but I grew to love it! You just have to give it some practice. The product did quite a nice job of distributing evenly through my lashes, and I saw that after one coat, my lashes looked a bit more volumized. After letting the first coat dry, I applied a second coat. I noticed immediate length and volume to my lashes.
After 8 hours, the mascara had transferred slightly beneath my eyes, but looked as if it were part of my eyeliner. Ladies, this is saying something! My eyes typically get very oily throughout the day, and I was extremely surprised to see that this mascara stayed put throughout the day.
I've used this mascara for over a year, quite possibly two years now, and I still love it. Although the packaging is very simple, it's actually one of the things I love about this mascara! It's sleek and simple. It not only volumizes, but it lengthens. And best of all, no smudging!
I would recommend this to anyone with long or short lashes, full or sparse!
Perfect product for every day. Gotta love Neutrogena ;)