November 28, 2014 | 1247 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this but I couldn't. I only used one tube and never tried it again.

It does go on well and I liked the fact it was better for your lashes. It didn't prove to be anything better than that.
It ran off my lashes shortly after applying. It looked as if I had been crying. It didn't give any volume or define my lashes. It did give a decent black color but when it melts off your lashes, what's the point?

It was pretty expensive for a drug store brand that can't even preform.

Even if it had manged to remain on my eyes, it's not special anyway, like I had said. It would have been okay for errand running or short daytime activities. Major disappointment.

You can get higher quality product for cheaper, that's not as harsh on your eyes as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update 2: Just bought again expecting the same weightless volume and thought I could deal with the flakes but they have reformulated this mascara however not noted on pkg.

It is now a wetter formula. I have to work to get curl to stay in my lashes. It also gives a glossy look to the lashes but with the wetter formula some of the previous weightless volume is gone. Flaking now is not an issue. Brush, however stayed the same. I hope this dries out to be the perfect combo but for right now it's a whole different mascara. You will achieve a glossy natural look with very little volume unless you have already thick and curled lashes.

Update: Have bought and used 3 times and this does flake a small amount for me so won't buy again. I do love how lightweight this is but I don't want to worry about my stupid mascara.

Pros: Cheap. Non-irritating, does what it says. Very lightweight. Gives lashes some volume but it is not an over the top look making it perfect for day wear. No smudging or flaking even in southern heat.

Cons: could be a little more water resistant. Brush is oversized; had to learn to love it. Have not seen any longterm benefits but am still on 1st tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was experiencing some lash loss and breakage. I thought it might be more gentle than some other mascaras while my lashes grew back. It's not inky black like other products and it doesn't provide incredible volume but it does define lashes and makes them look a little more full. I did not notice any smudging or flaking and it was easy enough to remove. I won't repurchase unless I need it again during lash regrowth... it doesn't do anything special for me. Just an average mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

Covergirl lashblast was always my favorite drugstore mascara, til I tried this one. It adds so much more volume and doesn't clump. It lasts long- I never notice any transferring or flaking. It looks very natural so it's great for every day, but can be layered to look more dramatic. I don't know how this product doesn't get more hype. I'd definitely recommend you try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xograciepie

pros: volumizes, quite a bit of lengthening, easy removal, and NO SMUDGING
cons: has a slight scent to it, but not enough to bother anyone
my lashes: short and sparse
my take: I bought this product at my local CVS while walking down the makeup section. It caught my eye, because I love everything Neutrogena (well, skin-care wise at least!). So, when I saw that they had makeup, I was elated!
The mascara's brush is quite thick, and very full. When I first tried to use it, the large brush was a bit intimidating, but I grew to love it! You just have to give it some practice. The product did quite a nice job of distributing evenly through my lashes, and I saw that after one coat, my lashes looked a bit more volumized. After letting the first coat dry, I applied a second coat. I noticed immediate length and volume to my lashes.
After 8 hours, the mascara had transferred slightly beneath my eyes, but looked as if it were part of my eyeliner. Ladies, this is saying something! My eyes typically get very oily throughout the day, and I was extremely surprised to see that this mascara stayed put throughout the day.
I've used this mascara for over a year, quite possibly two years now, and I still love it. Although the packaging is very simple, it's actually one of the things I love about this mascara! It's sleek and simple. It not only volumizes, but it lengthens. And best of all, no smudging!
I would recommend this to anyone with long or short lashes, full or sparse!
Perfect product for every day. Gotta love Neutrogena ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very disapointed. It makes the lashes really thick and long, but it does NOT look natural. It is not soft either, but not as hard as other mascaras. I think I lost some lashed removing this last night. did not smudge. I disagree with it being healthy for your lashes. I thought this was similar to maybelline soft n full, but it is not at all. gotta put a lot of coats on and it becomes heavy and sticky. I also think it might be whats irritating my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the big fat brush on this, and the fact that it makes my lashes look really long and separated. However, after wearing it for a few hours, I had major smudge raccoon-ness going on. I usually never have this problem with any mascara, to the point where when I looked in the mirror I wondered why I had such dark shadows under my eyes. It took me a minute to remember that I had used this mascara for the first time, and that it had made quite the mess around my eyes. Yet another tube relegated to the mascara grave-yard.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Natural. Big fat teddy-bear brush that's pretty easy to use. Lasted pretty long before flaking. Not smearing on me. Washes off easily when removing.

CONS: Just not quite enough volume or length for me; a little too natural. Nice size tube for storing in purse, etc.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on a bit longer.

ALTERNATES: Milani's Runway Lashes is great for volume/length (covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. If you don't need much to enhance your lashes (already have pretty good length, etc.), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MADzWx

This mascara is so great, it is definetley(?) my new favorite! I got it at a local drugstore with a Neutrogena Lip Soother for only $3.50, so I was not expecting much at all, and I was so surprised! This mascara rocks! Thank you Nuetrogena!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

excellent mascara! I wear contacts and my eyes are super sensitive, typically by the end of the day I'm constantly at my eyes because of the clumpy, flakey, overly glittery crap. I have naturally long lashes but they're pale and this makes them nice and thick and really makes my blue eyes stand out,, I use the brown black to avoid looking harsh. If I'm tired this and everything else will smudge a little but it's nothing I can't touch up with a quick swipe of powder.