August 29, 2014 | 1283 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of laziness, I didn't feel like driving to the store where I buy Bare Minerals foundation, and of course I am always looking for a cheaper mineral foundation...so, decided to try this. It was 13.99 at Rite Aid, not as much as BE, but not a bargain either.

I like it a lot. The color (020) matches my skin perfectly, the finish is even and smooth, and it lasts...though I have not tested it in high humidity yet. I don't care for the brush or packaging, but that is easy to fix, I just dumped it into another container. I have tried quite a few drugstore mineral foundations, but this is the first one other than Prestige's mineral line (hard to find) that I may buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this. I didn't had first though. Whenever I first used it, the brush it came with had way too much powder on it, causing me too look cakey. So I learned to use a light hand when using this, and it looks great. Also the lightest color seemed to match me great. I love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by forgetdecemberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Color selection is way too orange and it made my normally oily face feel tight and dry. Also, the coverage was awful and it didn't come close to covering up any redness. It also looked cakey on my face even though it didn't cover anything. And stating the obvious-- the packaging is horrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I needed a powder foundation for when I am running late and don't have the time to apply liquid. This doesn't really have too much coverage. It can look a little cakey if too much is applied and in the sun it is a bit sparkly. This brush that it comes with is pretty useless. It's too small and kinda scratchy. The container also has small holes that don't dispense much product. I might try this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. The only positive thing I can say is that it kept my forehead pretty matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Avarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product itself is great. My skin is extremely oily and this product holds the shine at bay for longer than any other foundation I've tried. Coverage is pretty good too. What I absolutely HATE though is the terrible packaging! The brush is small and scratchy and the packaging is really no good for dispensing product. What I do is open it up and tip it into the lid of another translucent powder and use my own brush to dip into that. For this reason alone I would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder. Not like the other minerals foundation I tried on in the past, this does not break the skin out. It's fine for setting the liquid foundation, stays matte for hours. Does not give too much coverage, and It is very buildable. Sometimes I used this after my revlon colorstay, and I don't really have to worry for my make the entire day. The bad thing about this is the packaging; what I do is open the pot and pour it into another wider pot. This powder doesn't have decent shades to choose from (at least in my country), so I had to pick out a darker color, wich I don't care since this powder, as I said, is very trasnlucent. I might be repurchansing, If I find a clearance!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hisgirl187

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this product...It just didn't offer any more coverage....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by MissEmpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!

I do admit it can take trial and error to make it work for you. When I first purchased it I thought it made me look completely ashy so I put it aside and didn't use it. Then one day, I was in a rush and put it on. On my way to class 3 different people told me my skin looked amazing. I was like huh, what? I looked in the mirror, and it did! I'm not sure if it is in the moisturizing before use, or that after a while it blends with your skin's oils and starts to look good...but it does.

Now, I use it ALL the time; on top of liquid or alone. I am careful to moisturize well, as well as not use too much as it can be a bit difficult to blend if you slap too much on one place. But done right it can make your skin look perfect and not as though you have makeup on. If you need heavy/full coverage, this isn't for you though. It is light and just polishes your normal skin tone and evens it out. I love it in the summer and I dab some liquid on where I want more coverage then dust this all around. Great for everyday grab and go use.

Con: it transfers easily and I cannot wear white collars with this. The packaging is not my favorite and the "brush" that comes with it is useless (but I never expected it to be good neway).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by glitterattii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this product looks on my skin. It applies smoothly and doesn't cake. It doesn't do well with oil though.
Problem with this is the terrible packaging. The applicator brush on the cap is not really very hygienic since you can't really clean it the way you do with ordinary make up brushes. Also, after barely a week of using this, it gave me awful red rashes all over my face. I wouldn't recommend this for people with uber sensitive skin like mine...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked other revlon products so I thought I would give this a try. The packaging on this is awful. After opening the product once, the tiny included brush did not work properly and it was way too far into the cap to really get any good kind of application. I did use my own mineral face brush but it was too hard to try and get the product out of the container without making a mess. The sifter is hard to use and only the tiny brush fits in there. I think if they put it in a larger, flatter and round container for powder it would be easier to apply and nix the tiny face brush. Once I was able to apply the powder I was not pleased with the texture or appearance. It just looked cakey and I didn't think it had great coverage for me. I would not repurchase. I think there are better options out there for similar product.