December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by pigeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

1. This brush this powder comes with is horrible.
2. The palest shade is still quite dark.
3. On dry skin it looks HORRIBLE clinging to every imperfection.
4. Using the revlon primer with it seems to make this worse.

Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I really don't mind this foundation ( I got it for free as a replacement from Revlon) but I would never say its worth the price.

It provides very light coverage but feels nice and smooth on the face. I normally have a lot of dry patches but this powder didn't accentuate them as badly as normal talc based powder would. The brush is not great but it is still usable. What I also like is that it has spf in it. The foundation lasts the whole day on me without oxidizing (which is a rare thing for me).

I would recommend this to people who want light coverage in summer just to freshen up your face. I wouldn't buy again because it costs a fortune in South Africa...unless its on sale

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my second go with a mineral powder foundation. This first time was not good and neither was this one. This offers NO coverage at all, yet it accentuated every tiny dry area I didn't even know I had. The packaging is awful also. I guess powder foundations just aren't for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jaycie08

I tried this product a few months ago. I liked the color that I chose and the way it felt on. I just felt that it did not provide a lot of coverage. I ended up using this on top of regular foundation and it kind of evened out any blotches and imperfections. I would probably buy this again if it was on sale or something but not to use alone-which kind of defeats the purpose...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of laziness, I didn't feel like driving to the store where I buy Bare Minerals foundation, and of course I am always looking for a cheaper mineral foundation...so, decided to try this. It was 13.99 at Rite Aid, not as much as BE, but not a bargain either.

I like it a lot. The color (020) matches my skin perfectly, the finish is even and smooth, and it lasts...though I have not tested it in high humidity yet. I don't care for the brush or packaging, but that is easy to fix, I just dumped it into another container. I have tried quite a few drugstore mineral foundations, but this is the first one other than Prestige's mineral line (hard to find) that I may buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really liked this. I didn't had first though. Whenever I first used it, the brush it came with had way too much powder on it, causing me too look cakey. So I learned to use a light hand when using this, and it looks great. Also the lightest color seemed to match me great. I love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by forgetdecemberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Color selection is way too orange and it made my normally oily face feel tight and dry. Also, the coverage was awful and it didn't come close to covering up any redness. It also looked cakey on my face even though it didn't cover anything. And stating the obvious-- the packaging is horrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I needed a powder foundation for when I am running late and don't have the time to apply liquid. This doesn't really have too much coverage. It can look a little cakey if too much is applied and in the sun it is a bit sparkly. This brush that it comes with is pretty useless. It's too small and kinda scratchy. The container also has small holes that don't dispense much product. I might try this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation. The only positive thing I can say is that it kept my forehead pretty matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Avarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product itself is great. My skin is extremely oily and this product holds the shine at bay for longer than any other foundation I've tried. Coverage is pretty good too. What I absolutely HATE though is the terrible packaging! The brush is small and scratchy and the packaging is really no good for dispensing product. What I do is open it up and tip it into the lid of another translucent powder and use my own brush to dip into that. For this reason alone I would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder. Not like the other minerals foundation I tried on in the past, this does not break the skin out. It's fine for setting the liquid foundation, stays matte for hours. Does not give too much coverage, and It is very buildable. Sometimes I used this after my revlon colorstay, and I don't really have to worry for my make the entire day. The bad thing about this is the packaging; what I do is open the pot and pour it into another wider pot. This powder doesn't have decent shades to choose from (at least in my country), so I had to pick out a darker color, wich I don't care since this powder, as I said, is very trasnlucent. I might be repurchansing, If I find a clearance!