December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best I've used- I actually prefer this to Urban Decay's, which is also awesome. Zero creasing. Bolder and opaque eyeshadow appearance. Great texture. A little goes a long way and it lasts forever. I like using a little around the inner corners to brighten as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by albs

I've used a few different eye primers and they all work for me fairly well. This has been the worst one. I think that maybe they have mucked with the formula a little bit because I bought it on the raves and recommendations of others. I have a regular size and a mini that came in a set, and they both suffer from the same issues. It separates. I have to be very cognizant to shake it up and massage the tube before I use it or else a bunch of liquid squeezes out. Gross. And it stinks, so so badly. Like play-doh or plasticine or something. I thought that my tube had gone off even though it's only a few months old, but my mini which I've had for even less time has the same odour. It keeps my eyeshadows on fairly well, but I HAVE to make sure that I run my finger over my eyelid after I've applied it and it's dried, otherwise it creases (and you can't tell, because it's clear at this point), and when I apply it I get a darker line of eyeshadow right in my crease. Bizarre and annoying. This isn't cheap so I'm really unimpressed. Two lippies because it does keep my eyeshadow on if I baby it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Emmey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For our annual work Christmas party in Amsterdam, I had my best friend do my make up. She used this primer and even after dancing, sweating, and falling asleep with my makeup on, my eyeshadow looked like I just did it. This stuff if seriously amazing. I have super oily eyelids so this is my HG product as of two months ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

Kept my eyeshadows from creasing throughout the day. The only thing that has worked for my very oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have hooded/deep set eyes, so eye shadows tend to crease on me. Had I not used Urban Decay's Primer Potion first, I would have thought Too Faced's product was the most amazing stuff ever. It works well to keep eye shadows from creasing so badly. As is was, though, I kept comparing it to UDPP, and, for me at least, UDPP is a superior product. My eye shadows don't crease at all with UDPP, whereas there is some minor creasing with Too Faced. I'm sticking with UDPP from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Staying power is decent, so long as i don't touch my eyelids. My NYX HD primer kept eyeshadow on even when I rubbed my eyes. There is a good amount of product in the tube (you don't need to use much). It has an odd smell but it quickly dissipates.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't know why I bought this in the first place. It's kind of thick and requires too much rubbing on the eyelids. I usually blot my eyelids and put some face powder on my eyelids before I put eye shadow on and it stays pretty oil + crease-free all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is one of my favorite primers around. I never have issues with it and it stays llike glue. I had some issues with UD PP but never have with this. Seriously wears for over 16 hours with no creasing or fading.

My HG is the WNW Fergie primer, but this is at the top as well, it's the price that keeps me going back to WNW.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buy it. Nothing else works on my oily skin as well as this. Shadow stays in place all day long. LOVE it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by misselectricred

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I was in need of a new primer and decided to try Too Faced's eyeshadow primer. I've heard so many rave reviews on this one so I figured, how could it be bad? I purchased it and couldn't wait to try it out with my new Chocolate Bar Palette! (Also from Too Faced) I'm new to Too Faced's products and decided it was time to give them a shot. Sorry Too Faced.. But I'm going to have to say this is the worst primer I've tried so far! If this was a 24 hour insurance policy, I'd sure hate to see what a 12 hour policy looked like! I didn't even have it on for 12 hours and my eyeshadow had creased, faded and became one big oil slick spot on my eye! I do have normal/dry skin but very oily eyelids. I can sometimes see the oil on them in the mornings. It's gross! That's why when I spend 30 extra minutes on creating a pretty eye look, I need it to stay put until I take it off. Who likes creased and faded eyeshadow? Not me. I'm not sure if I purchased a bad tube or what happened but it's not worth $20 in my eyes. I may decide to try this again one day but I doubt it. With my oily eyelids, I need something that will not let me down. If you have oily eyelids stay away from this! Back to Urban Decay's primer potion for me.