October 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buy it. Nothing else works on my oily skin as well as this. Shadow stays in place all day long. LOVE it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by misselectricred

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I was in need of a new primer and decided to try Too Faced's eyeshadow primer. I've heard so many rave reviews on this one so I figured, how could it be bad? I purchased it and couldn't wait to try it out with my new Chocolate Bar Palette! (Also from Too Faced) I'm new to Too Faced's products and decided it was time to give them a shot. Sorry Too Faced.. But I'm going to have to say this is the worst primer I've tried so far! If this was a 24 hour insurance policy, I'd sure hate to see what a 12 hour policy looked like! I didn't even have it on for 12 hours and my eyeshadow had creased, faded and became one big oil slick spot on my eye! I do have normal/dry skin but very oily eyelids. I can sometimes see the oil on them in the mornings. It's gross! That's why when I spend 30 extra minutes on creating a pretty eye look, I need it to stay put until I take it off. Who likes creased and faded eyeshadow? Not me. I'm not sure if I purchased a bad tube or what happened but it's not worth $20 in my eyes. I may decide to try this again one day but I doubt it. With my oily eyelids, I need something that will not let me down. If you have oily eyelids stay away from this! Back to Urban Decay's primer potion for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer on super sale from Ulta back in 2011 since it was only $9. I use this in rotation with LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer. But sometimes I feel that this is more reliable than LORAC since the consistency is easier to spread on the eyes and the packaging is easier to use. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really runny and doesn't work on my oily eyelids. My eye shadow creased within one hour of wear! Not cool! I will be returning this product and going back to my trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever eye primer and guess I do not need to look further. Makes my eye makeup stands out and last the whole day. The only con I could think of is that it makes it harder to blend the eye shadow.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive eyes and this made my eyelids puffy and irritated/dry. It's too bad because ice heard such good things about this. I guess I just am too sensitive or had a allergic reaction.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This primer is ok. Definitely not my favorite since certain eye shadow brands crease with it. It doesn't dry out my eyelids like UDPP, which is a plus. If for some reason I couldn't get the NARS primer this would be my backup until I found something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very good primer. It is expensive but it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only eye primer I have ever used, so I cannot compare it to anything, but I like this product a lot. I received a small tube in the Return of Sexy palette and promptly purchased a full size tube.

I don't know if I have oily lids, or if they're just really absorbent, but without Shadow Insurance my eye shadow wears off after about 2 hours. WITH Shadow Insurance, my makeup stays on at least 10-12 hours, usually longer. It provides a smooth base for application and does not alter the color. I don't get any creasing and my eyes look great. This pairs we'll with my Too Faced shadows and any other brands I use. Does not irritate my eyes and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

To be honest, I don't really like this. Don't get me wrong it doesn't crease and makes your eyeshadow last all day, but for some reason the way it feels (Very greasy) bugs me. I have a 3 dollar eyeshadow primer that works just as well and doesn't feel greasy.