Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 6/12/2011 2:32:00 AM

Compared to other mineral powder foundations, this loose powder gives a nice, natural, matte finish for my oily skin. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and I wish it were a little heavier like i.d. essentials or even clinique's. But, this product does not have the light reflecting properties some other powders contain which make my skin look a little too glowy.So, this product is great to minimize shine with natural finish as long as you don't have rosecea or uneven skin tone you're trying to hide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Okay, so my mom has been a Mary Kay consultant since I was like 12 and I have never been a fan of their acutal make up. But this Mineral Foundation is the bomb! However, I must recently found out that the ingredients are not the same as most other mineral products. It's rather unnatural. However, I like it very much. It looks good on my face, it finishes nicely, it's light and it doesn't look like I have make up on! I've been on the hunt for a new foundation, but I'm not sure any will match what it does for me vs the price. $18 isn't bad at all! I do get some shine by mid day, but it is not bad! Once I find a good liquid foundation for the winter...I think this will be awesome for setting it! I am on my 3rd container and I think I will buy again!!!

on 5/31/2011 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this in beige 1 and their primer compact at the same time. The powder is fantastic for staying on, I blow my nose often and with other brands it always rubs off in that area (some credit probably goes to the primer too). I also sweat sometimes and this one has managed to stay on 'mostly' in comparison to others.

Considering I paid a lot more for previous powders, this one wasn't too bad. Mid-range and worth its price.

on 4/27/2011 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down, one of the best mineral powders out there. And I think the price isn't too bad in comparison with other prestige brands. It creates a beautiful, natural finish. Sheer to medium coverage (I use 2 layers for better coverage). Now comes with a sifter :). Good for the skin. Didn't give 5 lippies because by the end of the day I'm pretty shiny. It doesn't last as long as liquid or creme foundations, but then again it is a mineral powder.

on 4/19/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has never failed me. I've had it for about a year and have been using it on and off and it's still about half way full. At first I was using it as a foundation but then I realised I needed more coverage so I now use it to set my foundation. It works really well for that. The packaging is good because the lid also doubles as a mirror. It was only $35NZ which is the same as Maybelline mineral powder, and you're getting more of it with Mary Kay. I managed to get a shade perfectly compatible with my skintone. I bought a brush with it for $17.50NZ and have used it for every single powder that I use. I wouldn't trust any other brushes as this brush makes every powder flawless. The reason I have not rated it as five is because it's purpose is foundation and I find it to be a better use as a foundation setting powder.

on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I ran out of my Bronze 4 and I am missing it so much. Everytime I wear it I get so many comments about how nice my skin is... and not my makeup... I have been transistioning into a simpler more natural look and this works for me. Easy to apply, quick, looks natural and feels light on the skin. I am about a NW45- NW47 so the Bronze 4 looks nice on my skin and melts right in looks natural.

on 3/27/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My skin gets very oily throughout the day and I have large pores and a bit of acne trouble on my chin. After using the Mary Kay concealer over my trouble spots I sometimes use the powder to even my complexion out. The problem is, my skin feels very itchy after that -- the powder is not cakey but feels loose and heavy on my skin. I have to keep myself from scratching my face as I do not want to rub it off. However, at the end of the day my skin is so oily that I simply cannot resist the urge to rub the powder off on a napkin.

on 2/6/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using Laura Mercier mineral powder and for me it's not as good as Mary Kay mineral powder.

I have enlarged pores and dry skin. Most foundations liquid or powder tend to be cakey on me. Not this foundation. Will definately repurchase.

Most feather light, natural beautifyer I have ever used! I can now get a perfectly flawless, stellar look in just a few majic swipes of a brush! Would reccomend to anyone, oily, normal, dry skin, this foundation is awesome, and goes on lightly and is very soft and over all a very good foundation!!

on 1/2/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is my HG foundation. It looks natural, and covers just about anything I can throw at it. One point of note, though - I've tried applying this many different ways, and the only way I'm happy with it is if I use the mineral powder (flat-topped) brush that comes with it... otherwise, it just either looks cake-y or doesn't get the same coverage. But if I apply this with the MK mineral foundation brush (and then use either a foundation brush or a small brush to put extra coverage on extra spots I need it), this stuff is amazing. I have really difficult skin; rosacea, sensitivity, adult acne, flaking, wrinkles and discoloration... yup, I have it all. But when I wear this, I get all kinds of compliments about how good my skin's looking (even from my hairdresser, who sees it up close!). This stuff is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And the Ivory 02 is a perfect match for my skin in the winter. I'm glad they've come out with a Beige 0.5, though, because even in the summer when I was tanned (and Ivory 02 was too light), the Beige 01 was too dark.