December 22, 2014 | 1578 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by laurajones

Honestly, i see no difference to my foundation when im not wearing this. I only like it for using on the dry parts of my skin (ie. round my nose, and between my eyebrows) because it hydrates it a bit before i apply foundation. Because of this, this product sat on my shelf for a few weeks, as i hated it as a base... until a friend online told me you could use it ontop of your makeup. It makes a lovely highlighter, which for me makes this product ok. but its alot of money to spend just on a highlighter. However, the packaging is lovely, and i think it will last such a long time. If you mix it with your foundation it gives you such a pretty glow! I like it...but im tempted to try the Gemma Kidd dewy glow now instead?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by 2boymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer purchase ever so I'm not sure how it compares to other primers. Having said that, this product was recommended to me by a friend and so far, I love it! It does brighten up my face and gives it a nice glow! Makes my foundation last throughout the day with no problems. Overall I would purchase again but for goodness sake Chanel, please include a pump!! I've seen less expensive primers with far better packaging that includes a pump!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried about 4 to 5 Chanel products so far and they were all talk yet no real benefit on my skin. Except probably this one.

I have very white-fair skin, but my under skin tone is pretty warm/pinkish. Which I'm trying to conceal it. (Most Asians have yellowish skin-tone, not me though!)

This Chanel primer does brighten... or shall I say, whitening my skin color. I can't put too much on my face though, or else it made my foundation look very mask-alike.

Pro:
- It does whiten my skin, a good primer under my foundation.

Con:
- Strong scent
- Its very watery... so it WILL sink and clog into your pores, making it more visible when you wear foundation.
- Poor package design.... I easily got way too much product, very wasting.
- Pricy!

Overall, I'd say this does brighten up my skin-tone... but it has so many other issues I didn't like.... so will I repurchase? Yes or no...it all depend if I find another replacement. I'll recommand this product to someone who doesn't have large-skin-pores, and someone doesn't mind strong perfume in cosmatics.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by alvira7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not initially convinced about this product.

First Impressions: I am quite pale, and when the BA put this product on my skin, I thought it would make be look even whiter. Additionally,as this product is silicone and water based,it is lighter in texture then other primers I was used to. I thought that it might not work as well, especially in minimizing pores.

End result: I am so impressed that this primer gives a nice glow to the skin and encourages me to skip out on foundation as I am so confident on how good my skin looks with this product. My pores appear to be minimized and my makeup lasts all day. I have dry sensitive skin and I have not broken out with this product.

Hint: For those that feel they are getting a white effect with this primer, just use a little less. There is also a Chanel primer with a tint of bronzer which is great for a summer glow.

This is a good investment and I am sure that once you try it, you will want to buy it again. Alvira Khan, Florida Atlantic University, FAU Boca Raton Alumna

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh...didnt really do nothing for me. Did not fill in pores or lines and made me oily quicker...mind you I hve extremely dry skin. I used this with Vitalumiere...I find that Monistat anti chaffing works way better than this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Saagelo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked original blanc universel in the jar, so i purchased this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either. It does not do enythin special to my skin. In fact I can't see the differense with wearing this or not. It does'nt help my makeup stay longer or evening out my skintone. It smoothes my skin surface little bit and adds tiniest amount of whiteish glow, but I cant see eny dramatic benefits with this on... The packaging is also hard to use, especially in hurry. I pour little amount product into my hand and blend with my fingers. It comes with a spatula, but I find it useles. I will not be repurchasing.

Update: Too oily to use under makeup. Makes me look pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

My first ever proper primer so cant compare to others but I def love this product. Gives a nice smooth base works well with Chanel Matte Lumiere. LOVE the smell its so luxurious. Packaging a pain but great product non the less. Don't be afraid if you have oily acne prone skin like me it wont make u shiny and it doens't clog pores. Makes foundation last longer and look better even during humidity. highly rec

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always liked the original Blanc Universel which was discontinued and purchased its replacement, Le Blanc de Chanel, which I would only use to lighten my concealer, however, lately I have been using this product all over my face, and my face looks more balanced ....... I dab some on my beauty blender, and lightly blend all over and then use my beauty blender and lightly use some of my LORAC's Luminizer in which which I apply to the c's of my cheeks and a bit to highlight my eyes, nose, chin and my face truly looks flawless ......... I have no pores, fine lines are not as noticeable and even a few sun spots I have look diffused ......... Le Blanc de Chanel is $$$ but well worth the higher price tag, plus it works so well with the LORAC Luminizer ...... my face looks fresh all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

Why, oh why, did I not purchase this before? I thought it would be just like any other makeup primer, but I was so wrong!

It has this subtle, white reflectiveness to it which is just great for camoflaging my undereye circles. I also put it on my nose to cover my enlarged pores.

It works like a dream! Will keep repurchasing forever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by SaraAliceSky

I swear this is waste of money!,If you acne scars/acne prone and trying to cover this is the worst product you purchase.