July 31, 2014 | 1801 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried about 4 to 5 Chanel products so far and they were all talk yet no real benefit on my skin. Except probably this one.

I have very white-fair skin, but my under skin tone is pretty warm/pinkish. Which I'm trying to conceal it. (Most Asians have yellowish skin-tone, not me though!)

This Chanel primer does brighten... or shall I say, whitening my skin color. I can't put too much on my face though, or else it made my foundation look very mask-alike.

Pro:
- It does whiten my skin, a good primer under my foundation.

Con:
- Strong scent
- Its very watery... so it WILL sink and clog into your pores, making it more visible when you wear foundation.
- Poor package design.... I easily got way too much product, very wasting.
- Pricy!

Overall, I'd say this does brighten up my skin-tone... but it has so many other issues I didn't like.... so will I repurchase? Yes or no...it all depend if I find another replacement. I'll recommand this product to someone who doesn't have large-skin-pores, and someone doesn't mind strong perfume in cosmatics.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by alvira7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not initially convinced about this product.

First Impressions: I am quite pale, and when the BA put this product on my skin, I thought it would make be look even whiter. Additionally,as this product is silicone and water based,it is lighter in texture then other primers I was used to. I thought that it might not work as well, especially in minimizing pores.

End result: I am so impressed that this primer gives a nice glow to the skin and encourages me to skip out on foundation as I am so confident on how good my skin looks with this product. My pores appear to be minimized and my makeup lasts all day. I have dry sensitive skin and I have not broken out with this product.

Hint: For those that feel they are getting a white effect with this primer, just use a little less. There is also a Chanel primer with a tint of bronzer which is great for a summer glow.

This is a good investment and I am sure that once you try it, you will want to buy it again. Alvira Khan, Florida Atlantic University, FAU Boca Raton Alumna

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh...didnt really do nothing for me. Did not fill in pores or lines and made me oily quicker...mind you I hve extremely dry skin. I used this with Vitalumiere...I find that Monistat anti chaffing works way better than this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Saagelo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked original blanc universel in the jar, so i purchased this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either. It does not do enythin special to my skin. In fact I can't see the differense with wearing this or not. It does'nt help my makeup stay longer or evening out my skintone. It smoothes my skin surface little bit and adds tiniest amount of whiteish glow, but I cant see eny dramatic benefits with this on... The packaging is also hard to use, especially in hurry. I pour little amount product into my hand and blend with my fingers. It comes with a spatula, but I find it useles. I will not be repurchasing.

Update: Too oily to use under makeup. Makes me look pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

My first ever proper primer so cant compare to others but I def love this product. Gives a nice smooth base works well with Chanel Matte Lumiere. LOVE the smell its so luxurious. Packaging a pain but great product non the less. Don't be afraid if you have oily acne prone skin like me it wont make u shiny and it doens't clog pores. Makes foundation last longer and look better even during humidity. highly rec

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always liked the original Blanc Universel which was discontinued and purchased its replacement, Le Blanc de Chanel, which I would only use to lighten my concealer, however, lately I have been using this product all over my face, and my face looks more balanced ....... I dab some on my beauty blender, and lightly blend all over and then use my beauty blender and lightly use some of my LORAC's Luminizer in which which I apply to the c's of my cheeks and a bit to highlight my eyes, nose, chin and my face truly looks flawless ......... I have no pores, fine lines are not as noticeable and even a few sun spots I have look diffused ......... Le Blanc de Chanel is $$$ but well worth the higher price tag, plus it works so well with the LORAC Luminizer ...... my face looks fresh all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

Why, oh why, did I not purchase this before? I thought it would be just like any other makeup primer, but I was so wrong!

It has this subtle, white reflectiveness to it which is just great for camoflaging my undereye circles. I also put it on my nose to cover my enlarged pores.

It works like a dream! Will keep repurchasing forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by SaraAliceSky

I swear this is waste of money!,If you acne scars/acne prone and trying to cover this is the worst product you purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by atsitl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic product! It leaves the skin naturally even toned, while brightening it... I do not use it as a primer as I don't wear foundation. I think that it is better worn by itself, as foundation seems to distort my natural skin colour, which is accentuated immediately with this product. I purchased armani's face fabric second skin in the white shade, only to find out that chanel does it more naturally... If you have a really dark skin though, apply just a small quantity!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Julie356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although at $45 USD, Le Blanc de Chanel is definitely on the pricey side for a base/primer, for me it is well worth it and I've already repurchased after discovering this product in early 2010. It was recommended to me by an SA at the Chanel counter in Boots to wear under my Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation and works beautifully.

I have oily/acne-prone skin and was a bit skeptical that this would work (and last) on my skin type, but it does! It evens out the bumps and redness in my skin and gives a great smooth, silky texture. I find that with it on, I need to put on less foundation to get the same coverage and that the foundation lasts much longer. It also gives my skin a healthy, luminous glow under my foundation. I still use a translucent powder to set everything once I am done, but I don't notice that oily-ness is a problem. And although I am prone to breakouts, this product doesn't clog or irritate my skin.

My only major complaint is the packaging. I would rather that it comes with a pump, but instead it comes with a dipstick that you dip into the product and then pull out. It's not a major problem, just a bit messier than a pump! All in all, worth it if you have the money to spend!