Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, ethylhexyl palmitate, talc, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel extract) water, propylene glycol, glycerin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, butylene glycol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, silica dimethyl silyate, methylparaben, disteardimonium hectorite, propylparaben, fragrance, BHT, laminaria digitata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, denatonium benzoate, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 5/27/2011 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am on my second bottle now. I will always repurchase this product as it gives me an inner lit look and works very well with any of the foundtions I own.

I think this primer/corrector probably works better on older women as it is a bit moisturizing and might not give the desired effect on a younger person.

on 4/21/2011 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product after reading all the rave reviews, but I just can't! I have tried applying this base in every different way I can think of - with moisturiser under, without moisturiser, brush application vs. finger application etc etc.

Part of the problem seems to be my very dry skin but there are several reviewers on MUA who say that this product worked very well on their dry skin.

So here's what this product does for me: It highlights my dry skin, refuses to sink into my skin, does not 'bond' with my Vitalumiere Aqua at all, and makes my foundation rub off REALLY easily.

The packaging looks nice, but the spatula is not convenient at all.

Sorry Chanel, I tried, but I just can't learn to like it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is terrible. It gave me whiteheads after just 7 hours of wearing it. I didn't even need to sleep in it to gain 2 new whiteheads. It also made my skin itch like crazy. I don't have particularly sensitive skin, just thinned out from accutane.

But this made my Chanel liquid foundation go on more smoothly, smoothed out my slightly flaky cheeks.

on 4/8/2011 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had bought this product upon the urging of a MUA at a Chanel event. I was not exactly sure what it was used for or how to use it. I do not use primers regularly and I have a fair complexion with just a wee bit of hyperpigmentation. I had let this sit in my makeup case for a long while and then I began to put it on under my foundation thinking that it was a primer. The feel of the liquid is much different from the silicone types of under foundation products. Blanc de Chanel is very smooth and almost hydrating. But more importantly, it really brightens and evens out the skintone. When I reached the bottom of the little jar, I started dipping into it with a q-tip to get the last little drop. The price is a little hefty so I did not repurchase this as it is not a staple but if is definitely an effective product.

on 4/8/2011 10:10:00 AM

This primer(also highlighter) is great for the winter & I discovered it in February so I had some time to play with it! I mix this with my Pro Longwear in NC25 to lighten the color&thin out the foundation. I have found longwearing foundation oxidize over time(get darker) in the bottle& then I can't wear them in the winter.Le Blanc deChanel is a white primer so it definately lightens the color& it does not interefer with the wear of the foundation.It can be used as a spot highlighter also. I would not use this as a primer for moisturizing foundations such as ProLumiere,it would be too shiny.

on 4/6/2011 11:11:00 AM

Honestly, i see no difference to my foundation when im not wearing this. I only like it for using on the dry parts of my skin (ie. round my nose, and between my eyebrows) because it hydrates it a bit before i apply foundation. Because of this, this product sat on my shelf for a few weeks, as i hated it as a base... until a friend online told me you could use it ontop of your makeup. It makes a lovely highlighter, which for me makes this product ok. but its alot of money to spend just on a highlighter. However, the packaging is lovely, and i think it will last such a long time. If you mix it with your foundation it gives you such a pretty glow! I like it...but im tempted to try the Gemma Kidd dewy glow now instead?

on 3/13/2011 9:09:00 PM

This is my first primer purchase ever so I'm not sure how it compares to other primers. Having said that, this product was recommended to me by a friend and so far, I love it! It does brighten up my face and gives it a nice glow! Makes my foundation last throughout the day with no problems. Overall I would purchase again but for goodness sake Chanel, please include a pump!! I've seen less expensive primers with far better packaging that includes a pump!

on 2/21/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've tried about 4 to 5 Chanel products so far and they were all talk yet no real benefit on my skin. Except probably this one.

I have very white-fair skin, but my under skin tone is pretty warm/pinkish. Which I'm trying to conceal it. (Most Asians have yellowish skin-tone, not me though!)

This Chanel primer does brighten... or shall I say, whitening my skin color. I can't put too much on my face though, or else it made my foundation look very mask-alike.

Pro:
- It does whiten my skin, a good primer under my foundation.

Con:
- Strong scent
- Its very watery... so it WILL sink and clog into your pores, making it more visible when you wear foundation.
- Poor package design.... I easily got way too much product, very wasting.
- Pricy!

Overall, I'd say this does brighten up my skin-tone... but it has so many other issues I didn't like.... so will I repurchase? Yes or no...it all depend if I find another replacement. I'll recommand this product to someone who doesn't have large-skin-pores, and someone doesn't mind strong perfume in cosmatics.

on 2/19/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was not initially convinced about this product.

First Impressions: I am quite pale, and when the BA put this product on my skin, I thought it would make be look even whiter. Additionally,as this product is silicone and water based,it is lighter in texture then other primers I was used to. I thought that it might not work as well, especially in minimizing pores.

End result: I am so impressed that this primer gives a nice glow to the skin and encourages me to skip out on foundation as I am so confident on how good my skin looks with this product. My pores appear to be minimized and my makeup lasts all day. I have dry sensitive skin and I have not broken out with this product.

Hint: For those that feel they are getting a white effect with this primer, just use a little less. There is also a Chanel primer with a tint of bronzer which is great for a summer glow.

This is a good investment and I am sure that once you try it, you will want to buy it again. Alvira Khan, Florida Atlantic University, FAU Boca Raton Alumna

on 2/18/2011 12:43:00 AM

Eh...didnt really do nothing for me. Did not fill in pores or lines and made me oily quicker...mind you I hve extremely dry skin. I used this with Vitalumiere...I find that Monistat anti chaffing works way better than this!

Popular Primer/ Correctors