Argan Oil

4.1

Argania Spinosa Oil

on 12/13/2012 2:56:00 AM

I love argan oil & it seems to love me back. I use it straight up on me cuticles & my nails grow healthy & strong. I mix a few drops into my creams & lotions, it gives high end results with inexpensive products.

on 11/27/2012 3:14:00 AM

After reading so many positive reviews, I had high hopes for argan oil. My skin is fairly normal and I rarely break out but after using this for about 3-4 days I had one of the worst break-outs ever. I got 4 pimples on my forehead and 2 on my chin and today got another on my nose. It's unfortunate because I really was hoping for that "glowing skin" haha I wasn't too lucky this time... But I will say my sister has been using this and it really is clearing up her skin. It's just not for everyone!

on 10/2/2012 1:07:00 AM

I like Argan oil for my hair but on my body it creates weird bumps -not just on my face

on 9/26/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use President's Choice Black Label Argan oil. It's about $15 and is a high quality culinary oil. The scent of this argan oil is quite pungent but I rather like it - it smells nutty to me. My boyfriend hates it though so be warned,it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I use it on both my (non-facial) skin and hair and it sinks in quickly without much residual scent. It leaves me with soft, non sticky hair and skin. It makes my hair feel thicker somehow.

on 9/4/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The brand I got was for The Souk (I'm from the Philippines). It comes with a dropper attached to the cap which is pretty amazing. On my fourth day however of using it as a night moisturizer for my face, I got 3 tiny pimple-like blisters, and 2 pimples!

Too bad I had such high hopes for this!

on 8/31/2012 5:15:00 PM

i used a shea butter and argan oil body buter from anaqah i got it on ebay and was a bit hesitant but i ended up loving it and whent back for some more
i have very sensitive skin and either break out or dry up and can get irritated from many products but this body butter being mixed with shea butter and argan oil was perfect for my skin and i had no issues with it at all and got extra benefits of the shea butter ;)
not to mention it was a very good price all in all im a big fan of argan oil and this new brand anaqah

on 8/27/2012 2:01:00 AM

Just a word to the wise: this oil isn't for everyone. 'Argan oil' has been such a huge buzzword lately in the beauty world, I wanted to try it for myself. I bought some of the Elma & Sana brand, which is 100% pure and much cheaper than designer brands. I don't have oily skin and have used other oils and serums (such as sweet almond oil) on my skin to great effect. I rarely break out, but I did quite a bit after usng this oil. Within days of using it, several pimples erupted--a few below my chin, one on my cheek and one high on my forehead. I don't think it's a coincidence since I rarely break out at all, certainly not this much all at once. I discontinued the argan, and my face rapidly cleared up.

This is not to say this product cannot be good for the skin; the consensus here seems to be quite favorable. But you just never know what your skin will have a bad reaction to, and for me this was it!

Since I have so much of the bottle left, I'll try using some my hair and see what happens there and post an update later to this review.

on 8/7/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

FOR ALL YOU ACNE SUFFERERS OUT THERE: THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT I'VE EVER USED. My father bought this for me cause he had heard so many good things about it. I was skeptical at first because slathering oil on an already very oily acne prone skin wasn't a very exciting idea. Boy was I wrong ... This thing saved my life, really. It succeeded in everything over the counter product failed at. I want to recommend this to all people suffering from skin conditions. It helps with acne, excema, rosecea fades scars and sun spots, evens out skin tone and texture, moisturizes, fights signs of aging, and is 100% natural. My skin went from very bad to descent, almost good! I've been using this for almost 4 years now and am not planning on stopping anytime soon. Please give it a shot, if you suffer from acne it might get bad in the beginning but it is only purging so don't stop! You have nothing to lose, and it's safe to say: EVERYTHING TO GAIN! This is a Morocco's best kept secret, and this review comes from a Moroccan ;)

on 8/5/2012 8:19:00 PM

I bought this initially for my hair, but alas, it doesn't do anything for my super fine hair other than weigh it down and make it look greasy. I have tried it in clay masks and can't really say if it's truly useful for that or not. As far as oils go it is a bit pricey.

on 8/4/2012 3:26:00 PM

I am using pure argan oil bought from a Moroccan shop at ebay for less than 15 euros a 100ml bottle and I could not be happier. I initially bought it for my hair, as it is very damaged at the moment and unmanageable and frizzy, and when I apply it after blowdrying it, it looks smooth and softer. It is a miracle product. I also use it after washing my face, as I have some acne, and is helping me with my breakouts. Also, as a moisturizing lotion. I use it on my nails too and cuticules, and recently started applying it on elbows, to soften the rough skin there. AMAZING. This is the link to the store where I bought it: http://r.ebay.com/szgwJH

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products