November 21, 2014 | 1973 users online

Moisturizers - Argan Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by paulamarie

Just a word to the wise: this oil isn't for everyone. 'Argan oil' has been such a huge buzzword lately in the beauty world, I wanted to try it for myself. I bought some of the Elma & Sana brand, which is 100% pure and much cheaper than designer brands. I don't have oily skin and have used other oils and serums (such as sweet almond oil) on my skin to great effect. I rarely break out, but I did quite a bit after usng this oil. Within days of using it, several pimples erupted--a few below my chin, one on my cheek and one high on my forehead. I don't think it's a coincidence since I rarely break out at all, certainly not this much all at once. I discontinued the argan, and my face rapidly cleared up.

This is not to say this product cannot be good for the skin; the consensus here seems to be quite favorable. But you just never know what your skin will have a bad reaction to, and for me this was it!

Since I have so much of the bottle left, I'll try using some my hair and see what happens there and post an update later to this review.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by yasminblah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

FOR ALL YOU ACNE SUFFERERS OUT THERE: THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT I'VE EVER USED. My father bought this for me cause he had heard so many good things about it. I was skeptical at first because slathering oil on an already very oily acne prone skin wasn't a very exciting idea. Boy was I wrong ... This thing saved my life, really. It succeeded in everything over the counter product failed at. I want to recommend this to all people suffering from skin conditions. It helps with acne, excema, rosecea fades scars and sun spots, evens out skin tone and texture, moisturizes, fights signs of aging, and is 100% natural. My skin went from very bad to descent, almost good! I've been using this for almost 4 years now and am not planning on stopping anytime soon. Please give it a shot, if you suffer from acne it might get bad in the beginning but it is only purging so don't stop! You have nothing to lose, and it's safe to say: EVERYTHING TO GAIN! This is a Morocco's best kept secret, and this review comes from a Moroccan ;)

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I bought this initially for my hair, but alas, it doesn't do anything for my super fine hair other than weigh it down and make it look greasy. I have tried it in clay masks and can't really say if it's truly useful for that or not. As far as oils go it is a bit pricey.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ikbenNoelia

I am using pure argan oil bought from a Moroccan shop at ebay for less than 15 euros a 100ml bottle and I could not be happier. I initially bought it for my hair, as it is very damaged at the moment and unmanageable and frizzy, and when I apply it after blowdrying it, it looks smooth and softer. It is a miracle product. I also use it after washing my face, as I have some acne, and is helping me with my breakouts. Also, as a moisturizing lotion. I use it on my nails too and cuticules, and recently started applying it on elbows, to soften the rough skin there. AMAZING. This is the link to the store where I bought it: http://r.ebay.com/szgwJH

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by irajojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bomb. Its safe for my skin, no breakouts, superb moisturizing agent. Superb anti-ageing. Superb oil control. Superb healing properties. Im sure this, and my raw shea butter is d reason for my acnes scars to fade away. Cheaper than my RoC moisturizer. Holy grail. Nuff said.

Oh and did i mention my mom actually commented my face looked younger and plumper? Oh yes she did. And she's an honest lady. When she sees something ugly, she says it directly. Would totally buy this for her. Heck would totally recommend this to woman of all ages!
*UPDATE*
A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Initially i thot, the more, the better. But nooo. It clogges my pores. Caused me to have lil bumps at my cheeks and chin. I started by actually had to do ''dots'' of 3 at each side of my face. A dot at my chin, nose and forehead. And more at my neck. But then, it felt greasy and i thot it was normal. But its not. So now all i need is a drop, and smooth it betwn my palms, and with that one drop, i can massage it to my face.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I had some luck w/ Dremu Oil, so I wanted to try other oils that could be a cheaper alternative. I mixed a few drops of 100% argan oil with facial mist to use as a moisturizer for a week, and was not pleased w/ the results. My skin was finally clearing up from a very bad couple months of cystic acne, and after using this for a week my skin started to break out again. At first, I just noticed some clogged pores, then one or two pimples, then all of the sudden I get a handful along my chin/jaw in a day. AH! At the same time, it was not moisturizing my dry spots enough, so I still had patches of flaky skin here and there. Maybe it is the brand I got, but it had good reviews on Amazon. It is also around that time of the month, so maybe argan oil is not completely to blame, but I am scared to try it again since I also had a bad experience w/ 100% jojoba oil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by WarOnWrinkles

I have been using Argan Oil on the end of my long highlighted hair and the difference whenever I use it is remarkable! It makes the dry wiry ends look smooth which is some kind if miracle! It is easy to use - I just smooth a couple of drops on the damp ends and that's it! I don't even have to blow dry. But most miraculous is what it does for your skin! I used it today and immediately looked less wrinkly and more radiant! I'm keen to keep using it and save ££££s. it's a lot better than my Clinique and Lancôme moisturisers and surprisingly sinks in doesn't leave skin greasy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by KathleenM415

Simply put - argan oil works. It is the best moisturizer I have found for my skin. As a woman in my late 30's I'm starting to see the signs of aging - lines are now starting to appear around my eyes, lips, forehead, and neck. It takes a lot more time now for my skin to recover from running and exposure to the sun. Until I discovered argan oil, I tried practically every product under the sun to help moisturize my skin - from department store offerings such as Clinique's Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream to the much more expensive Crème de la Mer - with mixed results. My skin can be sensitive to the synthetic fragrances and petroleum-based ingredients found in so many mainstream beauty products. About a year ago my sister turned me on to argan oil. She's a skincare fanatic who loves trying out new products. When she talks beauty, I listen. My first experience using argan oil was with a sample bottle of Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil I received from my sister. I was shocked at how well it worked to moisturize and soften my skin. The lines on my face weren't as noticeable. The argan oil was light and absorbed very easily into my skin. Another brand of argan oil I highly recommend trying is Beta Naturals Pure Argan Oil. It is less-expensive and equally effective as the Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil. I can happily say that argan oil has replaced all of my other moisturizers - it's a much healthier choice - no synthetic fragrances and no petroleum-based ingredients.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by PandaTwins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! I bought a 100 ml bottle and it looks like it might last me for about 4 months (I only apply it on my face). Does not clog pores (at all, even less than pure shea butter, which is also non comedogenic). Do not hesitate to buy this! If I can give you an advice, do not buy from some expensive cosmetic company---waste of money! Just make sure, you are buying from a reputable seller. This oil is not cheap, but it should not be more expensive than say 25 dollars for 100 ml bottle.
Do a bit of research about Moroccan oil and its extraction, you will find that in fact all of it (if it is the real deal) is organic!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Kyuu17

i bought a 10ml argan oil just to try it out. I have combination skin so i was a little hesitant to use it as a moisturizer but argan oil didn't break me out!! how awesome is that! i bought another argan oil (different brand) and tried it out and it also didn't break me out. i've been using it for two weeks and my hands and feet feels softer (i have rough H&F).